The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apparently everyone loves KL here.

Word lol. But that's everything no matter what it is

But I do mess with kiss land

Last edited:
KL is like an epic game 7 of an already epic NBA Finals...

Going into game 7, the series has been one for the ages (Trilogy).

Game 7 starts & it's instantly poppin.'

First half is hard fought & the teams are either tied or the lead is no more than 3 (Professional - BTTW)

Halftime when you go take a piss & refill your snacks ( Live For & Wanderlust)

You come back for the second half & it picks up right where the 1st left off. Each team trading buckets & stops (KL - TITR).

The 4th comes to an end & neither team comes out victorious... So we're heading to overtime :pimp:

OT is where the game is decided by a buzzer beating fadeaway (Odd Look)

Disclaimer: WL remix is NOT apart of my KL track list. Song got sent to the recycle bin... could only take one of those joints on the album :x

Last edited:
Kissland is a classic. Tears in the rain be having me in my feels lol

I just think Live for is subpar Drake collab compared to Crew love and The Zone and I can't stand the Belong to the World beat.

Last edited:
So was this a classic when it came out or is this a case of peoole switching up after the fact?

So was this a classic when it came out or is this a case of peoole switching up after the fact?
The latter for me :smh:

At least I recognized the error of my ways, though.

Feel sorry for the rest of you tasteless cats.

I plan on buying vinyls of the trilogy & framing them in my bedroom... Wish I could say the same for KL but son had to make the bunsiest cover ever for KL.

Ain't trying to have his ugly mug funk up the aura of my room :lol:

Does it even matter?

For me personally it was a weird departure from the tapes. It wasn't by any means bad. The degree of greatness only took a few weeks to get accustomed to. When that moment hit though....

I liked kissland a lot on release and it has gotten better with age (but this is kind of circumstantial given my dislike for BBTM which makes kissland even better for me. Going from a song like As You Are to Adaptation....no contest for me)

^word! Lol I LOVED kiss land at first, couple songs kinda fell off for me, like wanderlust, the town, etc but I still rock wit it. BBTM makes it THAT much more good though. Makes me cherish it a whole lot more

I was definitely feeling KL from the jump. It has its low moments, but once those two tracks got deleted, the album flows phenomenally. :smokin

The album fits the winter season perfect IMO. It gives me the "love is fleeting/dispensable" while most people are enjoying cuffing season. The girls that didn't get wifed up are even more down to fall through and degenerate with a real one. Try smashing a girl you have no attachment to while the album plays in the background. Broad I had wanted me to choke/slap her up when Pretty came on. :smh:

Damn I miss that *****. :smh:

Last edited:
BbTM is such an amazing body of work. I hope guys give it more spins

I am done believing this.

There are good tracks yes...like 3-4. But it is not on his level for me. And the more tracks that get dropped from him the more i realize he could have done so much more.

Girls in the 90s is flames
Might Not is flames
Low Life is flames.
Drinks on us - flames

BBTM is what it is...but it is not an amazing body of work imo. It's a bunch of pop songs that are slightly darker then mainstream giving them appeal to people. But its not the dark side we as early fans fell in love with

There are good tracks yes...like 3-4. But it is not on his level for me. And the more tracks that get dropped from him the more i realize he could have done so much more.

Might Not is flames
Low Life is flames.
Drinks on us - flames

BBTM is what it is...but it is not an amazing body of work imo. It's a bunch of pop songs that are slightly darker then mainstream giving them appeal to people. But its not the dark side we as early fans fell in love with

3-4 tracks?

Besides the obvious 3-4 you sleeping on

Prisoners
Angel
Acquainted
Shameless
As you Are
Dark Times

I get why day 1s don't like it. It took me a few months to let it all soak in and now I just let the album play from the beginning. Prisoner and Angel gotta be super slept imo

Prisoners I really tried to like, even have it downloaded on my phone...skip every time now. It's just so sappy. Acquainted is cool. Everything else automatic recycle bin treatment

"Somebody told me it was pointless for me to come back...
Into your arms.
Said you        another man, finally,
I knew this day would come, whoa oh oh
'Cause I see fear in your eyes
You've been living out your life
As long as you know that when I land you're mine
It's been exactly 365 since I've seen your face
I've been living on the road
And you've been living all alone, at home
Girl I hope,
He made you satisfied
Well baby I won't cry

And you will never feel so pretty
And you will never feel this beautiful
When I make it there"

"Pretty" is easily one of my favorite songs by Abel

Love the video too. 

Last edited:
After months of delibration, hundreds of play throughs, and a lot of thought and consideration, Acquainted and As You Are are the only songs on BBTM worthy of standing next to his vintage stuff. 

Acquainted
Hills
Tell your friends
Earned it

Other than that, [emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji]

I need that fire out the gate on this next project. Whatever it is, if not it's pretty much a wrap

BBTM is Abel with the shackles on

Low Life is The Weeknd unchained

Last edited:
"Somebody told me it was pointless for me to come back...

Into your arms.

Said you        another man, finally,

I knew this day would come, whoa oh oh

'Cause I see fear in your eyes

You've been living out your life

It's been exactly 365 since I've seen your face

I've been living on the road

And you've been living all alone, at home

Girl I hope,

He made you satisfied

Well baby I won't cry

And you will never feel so pretty

And you will never feel this beautiful

When I make it there"

"Pretty" is easily one of my favorite songs by Abel
Love the video too. 

This song is just awesome :smokin

Might Not is flames
Low Life is flames.
Drinks on us - flames

3-4 tracks?

Besides the obvious 3-4 you sleeping on

Prisoners
Angel
Acquainted
Shameless
As you Are
Dark Times

I get why day 1s don't like it. It took me a few months to let it all soak in and now I just let the album play from the beginning. Prisoner and Angel gotta be super slept imo

I know its my opinion and basically stems from Thursday and HOB being a sound track to one crazy year in my life. So i really really prefer that lane of his.

Prisoners seems forced
Angel is just no....the 80s rock ballad intro with the kids chorus at the end....makes me cringe
Acquainted is not in the 90s point blank. If you hear in the 90s over and over you will hate aquainted. As stated in the 90s in abel unchained...antiquated is in shackles
Shameless....him yelling SHAME!!! is tacky
As you are is too soft
Dark times....where do i begin on my hatred :lol: Why is there a random blues inspired song on this album at all. "You should have seen the other guy" NO just NOOO Ed!. You are a soft fluffy ginger....you are in no way believable to be bout that life or getting into a fight and standing any chance of winning it. Sorry. You seem like a great person but i don't believe you you need more people.

/rant puts initiation back on

Back
Top Bottom