The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That nomads verse is one of the rawest. I remember the when the video dropped we were in here speculating what the letters or numbers on the door meant. Man I totally forgot what it was though, I have to go back and rewatch it.

GBI90s > Aquainted

I'm glad Abel has been on a lot features cause he's been killing it recently IMO. Like I actually have new material I can listen too.

Same goes for DropxLife. He's been coming out with so much heat lately as well. Btw that's were I get a lot of my captions from.

Has any of his tour concerts been seen like on a dvd version or something?

I know they record them but I never see **** about it

Last edited:
Lol I just re-heard in the night...wow hands down the WORST weeknd song I have ever heard...absolutely terrible

Lol I just re-heard in the night...wow hands down the WORST weeknd song I have ever heard...absolutely terrible
Noooooo 
frown.gif

He skates all over the beat and the lyrics are pretty dark

Man the beat, the sound. Everything is just so :x

Pop ain't even the word :smh: lawd plz no more songs like that

I wouldn't say he skated on that.

Skate definitely isn't really applicable here. In the Night still a good song by Weeknd's standards, damn good relative to mainstream music.

Some of yall will just never be able to vibe with anything of his that's remotely accessible i.e. Wanderlust, ICFMF, etc.

In the Night is an ode to different times, 80's pop basically.

I can do earned it. That's a good song. I still don't really like can't feel my face but I can tolerate it.

In the night? Noooooo :x

Last edited:
Kanye shrug, I don't like the MJesque stuff but this one I enjoyed

It's funny because when you listen to his really early stuff. All that The Noise stiff pre HOB, you can tell the pop, MJ, 80's influence was always in him pretty heavy. Probably not a better example than "Do It"

I can do earned it. That's a good song. I still don't really like can't feel my face but I can tolerate it.

In the night? Noooooo :x

Earned It doesn't quite fall in that same category sonically that I was talking about above for me, it will also will also sound awkward to me in between just about any other pair of Weeknd tracks, but God damn man when you really listen to it as a stand alone track, that **** is phenomenal. Dude really is beyond gifted.

Last edited:
It's funny because when you listen to his really early stuff. All that The Noise stiff pre HOB, you can tell the pop, NJ, 80's influence was always in him pretty heavy. Probably not a better example than "Do It"
Yep, and that dance he did for when he sang along with Onra. I feel like it needs to be reposted once a year

Last edited:
^^ memories. The god had the charisma way back then. Legit proud of the man getting to where he knew he was destined :smokin

Reminds me of when I was a youngin dancing all over the house. Dudes in the background always got me cracking up, so casual. Wonder if them dudes still close with him or if they're like "hey remember that one time we was smokin weed and he was dancing right by us"

Sanyo was that man. His remixes were amazing. Literally those and slimk chopped and screwed were like separate and different tracks all in my iTunes. As Abel was the only artist I would listen to, people would give me that Kanye smiling to not smiling look cause everything is the same track but a differnt version. Like three different versions of Gone, I'm talking pre trilogy days.

And in that night, I remember listening too it when it first leaked. Wasn't impressed. And then one night I was just super faded beyond faded alone in my room, and that track came on and I didn't know it was in the night because it was still relatively new to me. That night alone made me appreciate that song especially the lyricism. I don't listen BBTM as much as I still listen to the OG tapes.

Somebody just told me weeknd killed DD better than MJ :lol:

It's a wrap. With people like this supporting his music it's a sure thing all we gonna get is pop albums and a couple bangers here and there :smh:

I've already come to peace with it. If he goes back to the pure raunch, it's a bonus

I feel like Doc holds the key to it all tbh, but Doc aint with the suit part of the industry it seems (Doc= Billy Walsh, Weeknd= Vince?)

Last edited:
It's not happening man. It just doesn't make sense. The new fans are all in. People like us who like the raunch are the minority for sure. This is what's gonna get him paid. I ain't even mad I'm just gonna have to stop having conversations about his music.

It's not happening man. It just doesn't make sense. The new fans are all in. People like us who like the raunch are the minority for sure. This is what's gonna get him paid. I ain't even mad I'm just gonna have to stop having conversations about his music.

That last part would be great :lol:

Somebody just told me weeknd killed DD better than MJ
laugh.gif

It's a wrap. With people like this supporting his music it's a sure thing all we gonna get is pop albums and a couple bangers here and there
mean.gif
Are you even a fan anymore?
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. Nothing but straight negativity the last few pages

Somebody just told me weeknd killed DD better than MJ
laugh.gif

It's a wrap. With people like this supporting his music it's a sure thing all we gonna get is pop albums and a couple bangers here and there
mean.gif
His version rivaled MJ's version. Unequivocally.

The problem is that you take someone saying that as...."The weeknd is better than MJ"...Nah

Skate definitely isn't really applicable here. In the Night still a good song by Weeknd's standards, damn good relative to mainstream music.

Some of yall will just never be able to vibe with anything of his that's remotely accessible i.e. Wanderlust, ICFMF, etc.

In the Night is an ode to different times, 80's pop basically.

Kanye shrug, I don't like the MJesque stuff but this one I enjoyed
 the influence has always been there. He's always channeled his inner MJ, from the dance moves to when he croons.

Back
Top Bottom