The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I forgot how dope Nomads was.

Ain't nobody gonna be that somebody. :smh:

But, baby
I won't keep ya
Just know that
I'mma leave ya
So, **** me right
Baby, **** me right
Until I'm too tired to leave ya
And we can
Call this your night
Wipe those tears from your eyes
Cause, baby it's alright
Baby it's alright

Talk to these O's Weeknd :pimp: :pimp:

Tried my best to stay away from this thread....

King of the fall... :x :x :x

Downloading the slowed down version rn

This dude man :smh: I cannot go back to living the lifestyle that accompanies this music :smh:

was listening to that esthero album doc produced and it's dope to hear his progression from then to now, and still having a particular sound.

also dope to hear the d&b / jungle influence...

Last edited:
KOTF is way better than I initially thought it was though.

And y'all are gonna stop with this libel on that Ricky Hil verse, man. :lol:

if anyone has 2 saturday tickets in SF and wants to swap for friday let me know, sat works better for me... friday is sold out but sat isnt. so if anyone wants to buy my two friday tickets for retail thats cool too. 

I know I'm not the only person this happens to when it comes to the tail end of Kissland.

"I want to listen to (insert song of choice here)"
-Inserts disc
-Listens to songs 1-4/5 uninterrupted then goes to whatever song you originally wanted to listen to

I know I'm not the only person this happens to when it comes to the tail end of Kissland.

-Inserts disc
-Listens to songs 1-4/5 uninterrupted then goes to whatever song you originally wanted to listen to
That's me right here

-Inserts disc

almost every time :lol:

almost every time
laugh.gif

-Inserts disc
nah I end up listening to the whole damn thing. And then i'm on to the entire Trilogy. Sprinkle some singles in here and there.  And then im in a Weeknd bag for another week

and then im back in that lifestyle too. dude MAKES you wanna treat women like ish and do all the drugs all at once. F abel yo.

listened to house of balloons the full way through for the first time since like sophomore year of high school, and wow was that thing a masterpiece. I liked KissLand a lot, but dog HoB was just on some other **** lol. Idk if i found it amazing because all I did was party in hs and what not, but that tape is just classic. I obviously can't relate to it now as much as I did when I lived that kind of lifestyle, but this dude is ridiculously talented. 

I took a hiatus from new music for the past 3 months and have only been listening to like 90's house/R&B and some early 2000's hip hop, but I'm deff interested in checking out some of his new stuff. he puts on a hell of a live show, hope he comes to the washington dc area again/

:lol: you can't relate to it as much now as you could when you were a sophomore in HS? Kids these days yo. Party so hard at 16, they turn 21 and are ready to settle down. I'm just messing with you tho

I don't know if it's just me but KOTF just keeps growing on me. All of it is pure :smokin

"Baby girl you know what i... baby you know just what i like"

I put HOB up there with Off The Wall, Purple Rain, Thriller, Voodoo, I Want You, The Bachelor, Justified, and The Love Below as a true masterpiece that stands the test of time.

The Weeknd will always have my support strictly off the strength of that body of work, genius, not even getting into the rest of the Trilogy and the greatness there.

mgrand15 mgrand15 Yeah lmao I was 15 then. But yeah I'm 18 going on 28, bout to find a bae and put the partying days behind me...really burned me out around my senior year and college hasn't helped lol. It's crazy tho bro, kids are getting wilder younger and younger. I mean in my case I was lucky enough to be intelligent and know where to stop and what not. But that music was a1 in high school, I was this kid from the city going to school in country a** town so these kids knew nothing about R&B and that trip hop.

This guys is so freaking talented tho.

Bruh... You're 18 talking about settling down.

I'm 25, but do you know what I would've done to have the Weeknd's body of music when I was 18... Or 19... Or 20... Or 21??! Deer gawd if I was turning 21 this year and I could be living the life with his music as the soundtrack to my life... I wouldn't make it to 22.

Sad part is I'm not even kidding. :smh:

Won't even tempt myself to do that. I'd **** around be looking at my bride on some "... **** this *****, what's up with her bridesmaids, a bottle of Jack, and a glass table full of lines?" Steeze. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom