The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by sonunox34

Gave Weeknd a casual listen a few months back... brushed it off as average.
Listened to it in the car last week... haven't stopped playing it since 
eek.gif
 trying not to overplay it 
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
This was me a few months back!

Had it around when the thread first popped up, nobody was talking about it on FB yet... IDK, I listened and was like meh. Same thing with Frank Ocean. Then I played it randomly while drinking and was
eek.gif
haven't stopped playing it since. Still don't listen to Frank Ocean or his other older stuff under a diff name.

So what's the justification behind August 4th?
laugh.gif

#4Thursday makes a good TT
laugh.gif

Makes sense I guess. Isn't OVO the 31st? A lot of heads going to see Drake, and drop it after he does the show, so people who wasn't up on him before, can get up on him.

Originally Posted by franchise3

#4Thursday makes a good TT
laugh.gif

Makes sense I guess. Isn't OVO the 31st? A lot of heads going to see Drake, and drop it after he does the show, so people who wasn't up on him before, can get up on him.

nah those who wasn't up on him would get his old material and need to get familiar first. Plus it's in Toronto I'm sure they know about him. And I'm not even gonna expect it until September. Too much disappointment
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I'm crackin up. My friends are up for OVO fest and randomly caught The Weeknd rollin up to Starbucks in some main part of the city. They took some pics and dude walked over to them and "angrily" made them delete all the pictures. It's really that serious to remain mysterious? full story if interested

Here's one of the pics they didn't delete

2uixftu.jpg

Originally Posted by JD161616

I'm crackin up. My friends are up for OVO fest and randomly caught The Weeknd rollin up to Starbucks in some main part of the city. They took some pics and dude walked over to them and "angrily" made them delete all the pictures. It's really that serious to remain mysterious? full story if interested

Here's one of the pics they didn't delete

2uixftu.jpg

i would have told him to eat a ****.

Can't believe dude was actually laughing it up and mocking the fans who took the picture 
eyes.gif

If you wanna me mysterious go ahead, but theirs no reason to be a prick to your fans especially when you haven't even put out an album yet. 
eyes.gif

patted him on the back 
laugh.gif

In other news, HoB was the soundtrack for busting rails of molly in a vegas hotel room last week

This music makes you wanna get pill'd up and +!+%

I cannot get enough of this $%%#, man

Friends are lucky his crew didn't escalate %#!+ like they did with that one fan who wore a fake XO t-shirt a few days ago.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Friends are lucky his crew didn't escalate %#!+ like they did with that one fan who wore a fake XO t-shirt a few days ago.
Lame as #!++ if they really took it there...

Info on this 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The more I see of this The Weeknd dude, the more I think he bats for the other team. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at that story.

I don't know though, maybe he's just someone who isn't a fan of the fame & everything extra that comes with making music.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by calikev34

patted him on the back 
laugh.gif

In other news, HoB was the soundtrack for busting rails of molly in a vegas hotel room last week

This music makes you wanna get pill'd up and +!+%

I cannot get enough of this $%%#, man

this...this exactly.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

son rolls with the goons. no word of a lie.

it's one thing to be low key and keep the mystery up. It's another to disrespect fans if they weren't obnoxious. Dangerous game since the fans are everything.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

son rolls with the goons. no word of a lie.

Dang.. What did they do? Beat him up? On some: "nah were Xo, your not. now run that tee"

Weeknd clowned them and he rocked the same 'fit all day.

Dude kinda ugly too with that troll stance no 'mo. *plays HOB

FOH with that. Dude is entering the public arena with his music. Unless his crew is oblivious to the internet, fan videos will be made, remixes of his songs will recorded, covers will be performed, merch will be reproduced, his material will be leaked, people will want pics with the guy, people/press will take pictures of the guy. They're roughing up a "fan" who wore a shirt repping them? The guy is embarrassing a high school kid taking his pic? Gimme a break.

Back
Top Bottom