The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
pics from boston show on oct 11.

copped dat :pimp:

no offense to the production on kiss land but damb.....Wonderlust and Belong to the World straight lifted....im sure there were more too

no offense to the production on kiss land but damb.....Wonderlust and Belong to the World straight lifted....im sure there were more too

Not lifted, inspired. Influenced. Samples, b. a lot of artists do that..it's still his work at the end of the day.

Not lifted, inspired. Influenced. Samples, b. a lot of artists do that..it's still his work at the end of the day.

I know man but lets be real...both of those songs are almost dead on the same. Calling it a sample is being nice. Krit sampled james blake on REM but at least he changed pitch/speed added some keys to it...some bass and snare...i mean they used the same beats on kiss land.

I don't care that much since i still think kiss land is my album of the year so far (mainly because im a weeknd stan) but just kinda catches you off guard when you hear the "sample" and its the same as another song entirely.

Last edited:

agreed. mad songs out there who sampled Sizzla "solid as a rock", word to magna carta holy grail.

but wonderlust beat isn't much different from OG beat i gotta admit. i don't think its a bad thing. it still came out great. wanderlust beat sounds recreated anyways, with just the og hook spliced over it.

Last edited:
Add Kissland/John Carpenter.

When I heard Jon Silky's OG, think thats his name, just straight took the beat and fine tuned.

Had me like well damb. 

Same with Professional.

I would love to hear a collaboration with MMOTHS. I know it would melt faces.

Here's something for anyone that's unfamiliar.

Side note: I really wish Young & Sick would put out some more music.

Back
Top Bottom