The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Good times...

It was around this time last year. I was still going through the phase where harlots came in and out of my life at such an alarming rate that, months later, any man would have been sweating bullets during the week it took for his STD test results to come back, let me tell ya. I had recently been put on the musical brilliance that is the weeknd, but I never quitegot it. i thought his voice was nice, but I didn't pay much mind to the lyrics. I was content with just listening to the songs with memorable choruses such as The Birds pt 1. Tombout riding with the radio blasting, warning any female against falling in love with someone like me... albeit I was riding alone with the windows up so they probably didn't get the message. Anyway. It's amazing what a bottle of Jack Daniels honey can do to a guy. You're not quite drunk, but you won't chance taking your other other benz out for a spin either. I was in some sort of trance and my drunk text romeo game was operating at such a remarkable level. Needless to say, it was only a matter of time before one of the young ladies I'd been chatting it up decided to come pay me a visit. For some reason, I decided to give both house of balloons and Thursday a listen. I remember recalling the irony of the situation of listening to the song Thursday on a Thursday in which I'd been consuming alcohol.

Being properly intoxicated, his music spoke to me. It took on a whole new life. By the time the aforementioned female arrived, a savage hid behind my low brows. I viewed her as a toy... or rather a puppet whose only purpose for being was for my entertainment. He made me look at her not as a person, but as a thing to be enjoyed... but never cared about. She was normally a reserved specimen, always coy and timid... but I saw to destroy that aspect of her being that night. By now, I'd listened to both albums twice on random shuffle in my itunes library. She noticed I was drinking and asked if she could have a cup. I said whiskey isn't normally for girls. She was about 19 at the time and probably just experiencing with vodka and other drinks of the like. None the less, she insisted and I obliged. Fifteen minutes later, it got interesting.

My fellow NT brethren... at least once in your life, listen to Wicked Games when you're buzzing with a female. However, this female cannot hold any particular significance in your life, because you will look at her differently. Hell, I couldn't care less about the girl I was hanging out with, but to this day I still look at her with a mixture of resentment, disgust, and infatuation anytime I see her around. Needless to say, we didn't speak much after this night in particular.

Wicked games came on. She's feeling the effects of the whiskey and is talking herself up something fierce. Says she's pretty lively and had "her ways". She either said something about being a gymnast or a Faith Hill enthusiast. I asked if she was one of those girls who could put her legs behind her head. She didn't respond, but chose to show me instead. I knew then and there that I was obligated to ravish her vagina with the strength of 10 Thors. Then she slapped me in the face and called me a bad boy. I bs you not NT.

It threw me off so bad, but I never felt more arroused. The next ten seconds I sat there staring at her with my hand on my face and my mouth agape. Next thing I know, she's stripping to the music (still wicked games). I watch as she opens the blinds of my window and ties her leggings around her wrist. I tie her up to the door and spent the rest night partaking in debauchery that, in retrospect, is so filthy and appalling, all I can do is shake my head and suppress the urge to call her up one more time.

The morning after was quite a memorable one. Awkward as all hell, but memorable.

But yea, I'll probably cop the trilogy when it drops.

Last edited:
I only heard the Valerie snippet once and that's it. Haven't listened to anything else other than that 1 time. Dat patience.
pimp.gif

I just hope remastering doesn't **** up the songs. Remastered isn't always better...word to some of Kanye's ****.
mean.gif
Hopefully his team does a good job with it and they enhance his music.

Anything I don't **** with, I'll just stick to the OG version of the track.

Last edited:
Good times...
It was around this time last year. I was still going through the phase where harlots came in and out of my life at such an alarming rate that, months later, any man would have been sweating bullets during the week it took for his STD test results to come back, let me tell ya. I had recently been put on the musical brilliance that is the weeknd, but I never quitegot it. i thought his voice was nice, but I didn't pay much mind to the lyrics. I was content with just listening to the songs with memorable choruses such as The Birds pt 1. Tombout riding with the radio blasting, warning any female against falling in love with someone like me... albeit I was riding alone with the windows up so they probably didn't get the message. Anyway. It's amazing what a bottle of Jack Daniels honey can do to a guy. You're not quite drunk, but you won't chance taking your other other benz out for a spin either. I was in some sort of trance and my drunk text romeo game was operating at such a remarkable level. Needless to say, it was only a matter of time before one of the young ladies I'd been chatting it up decided to come pay me a visit. For some reason, I decided to give both house of balloons and Thursday a listen. I remember recalling the irony of the situation of listening to the song Thursday on a Thursday in which I'd been consuming alcohol.
Being properly intoxicated, his music spoke to me. It took on a whole new life. By the time the aforementioned female arrived, a savage hid behind my low brows. I viewed her as a toy... or rather a puppet whose only purpose for being was for my entertainment. He made me look at her not as a person, but as a thing to be enjoyed... but never cared about. She was normally a reserved specimen, always coy and timid... but I saw to destroy that aspect of her being that night. By now, I'd listened to both albums twice on random shuffle in my itunes library. She noticed I was drinking and asked if she could have a cup. I said whiskey isn't normally for girls. She was about 19 at the time and probably just experiencing with vodka and other drinks of the like. None the less, she insisted and I obliged. Fifteen minutes later, it got interesting.
My fellow NT brethren... at least once in your life, listen to Wicked Games when you're buzzing with a female. However, this female cannot hold any particular significance in your life, because you will look at her differently. Hell, I couldn't care less about the girl I was hanging out with, but to this day I still look at her with a mixture of resentment, disgust, and infatuation anytime I see her around. Needless to say, we didn't speak much after this night in particular.
Wicked games came on. She's feeling the effects of the whiskey and is talking herself up something fierce. Says she's pretty lively and had "her ways". She either said something about being a gymnast or a Faith Hill enthusiast. I asked if she was one of those girls who could put her legs behind her head. She didn't respond, but chose to show me instead. I knew then and there that I was obligated to ravish her vagina with the strength of 10 Thors. Then she slapped me in the face and called me a bad boy. I bs you not NT.
It threw me off so bad, but I never felt more arroused. The next ten seconds I sat there staring at her with my hand on my face and my mouth agape. Next thing I know, she's stripping to the music (still wicked games). I watch as she opens the blinds of my window and ties her leggings around her wrist. I tie her up to the door and spent the rest night partaking in debauchery that, in retrospect, is so filthy and appalling, all I can do is shake my head and suppress the urge to call her up one more time.
The morning after was quite a memorable one. Awkward as all hell, but memorable.
But yea, I'll probably cop the trilogy when it drops.

This man speaks the truth. I heard of bits and pieces of house of balloons and thought it was decent music, not the stuff of legends. At any rate I was going through a pretty tough break up and found myself talking to a girl who had a dude. She wanted the D but mentally I was stuck In the past and just wasn't finding any female comparing to the ex. Decided to give some percs and alcohol a go to try and loosen up. What you need and The Zone came on back to back. First time I ever had sex and felt like an organic soundtrack was occurring in the background. Needless to say I've been stanning the past 1.5 years. For that point in my life his music will always mean something to me

Lovin the stories, I try telling people...get completely faded and have sex to the weeknd. Nothing less than groundbreaking. :smh: :smokin

I listened to Thursday nearly every day for a 6 month period, everything in my life blended together because I was always high and always lonely inside. When i think back to my junior year of college now, all I can remember is being a dreamy haze with the Weeknd's haunting sounds weaving through my memories

Last edited:
I am also convinced they're not many things in the world that are comparable to coming down from a roll and listening to gone.

I'm so back....so back......

:smokin

Have listened to enemy like 25 times already

Man... This thread brings back the feeling of being so out of your mind and wanting nothing more than an absolute meaningless fling. Because although it is devoid of any true meaning, it is the only thing that matters while its happening. This dude will have you strung out of your head and looking at females as some objects. Smh. I know what I'm doing this weekend (no pun intended).

Im trying really hard not to listen to much of his **** at all until the trilogy drops, i feel like that would make it so much better.

Yo, so I caught the NYC show last Friday at Terminal 5.

Turns out an old friend of mine is actually managing him and is the head of the label that signed him in Canada. Dude hit me up out the blue that AM and left me tickets at the door.

i1m9nl.jpg

Met him in the VIP area and he took me backstage. Watched from the backstage balcony. Not always the best view in the house though.

I asked him about Enemy. According to him, that song was recorded last Wednesday in their hotel. Sent to Sterling Sound to be mixed and mastered and you guys got it a day or 2 later.

How ******g dope is that?

Show was PACKED. Mad females. Whole crowd singing along.

3 sold out NY shows. No album. Single just now working it's way onto the radio. Impressive ****.

2qc30j8.jpg

s2va5i.jpg

vqn053.jpg

Great show across the board.

I believe there is a very high profile appearance in the works for him. Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom