The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1584850398668.jpeg

for those that haven’t seen yet

This project is definitely a better on the second listen project. On the first I was waiting for the bangers and heavy raunch and was slightly disappointed but during my listen now at work, I like it a lot more. So far, I’ll put it above Starboy and BBTM but below MDMA

This project is definitely a better on the second listen project. On the first I was waiting for the bangers and heavy raunch and was slightly disappointed but during my listen now at work, I like it a lot more. So far, I’ll put it above Starboy and BBTM but below MDMA
Felt exactly the same way. The only thing now is to let it settle and see the shelf life. That will determine where it ranks for me, not quite ready to do that yet

It sold more than Starboy which had a bigger push so this is a good thing. No way he was doing 600k.
Didn't he do the exact same thing with dropping 3 singles?? And the short film Mania. Obviously 400k is a massive W no matter what.

Felt exactly the same way. The only thing now is to let it settle and see the shelf life. That will determine where it ranks for me, not quite ready to do that yet
Yeah I feel you. It’s just the lack of a go to song that has my mind settled on where I rank it. On MDMA, I can play that joint front to back and pick songs individually I wanna hear.

With this project, it’s going to be something I more than likely listen to front to back.

Didn't he do the exact same thing with dropping 3 singles?? And the short film Mania. Obviously 400k is a massive W no matter what.
Starboy did around 300k. Starboy single and video was huge as well as the Kendrick feature so him outselling that project is big imo. Even if it’s only by 100k

I appreciate how he sequences most of his projects. Topics flow well. Guiding through the stages of a dying relationship and all that goes in.

Hardest to Love and Scared to Live got me in my feelings tho about my breakup with shawty. Why these **** be breaking our hearts like that
mjcry1.png

Back
Top Bottom