The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Michonne was swinging that axe all over the place with the baby on her back. 
laugh.gif
 Probably not the best thing to do with  a baby strapped to your back.
Really lol'd when I read that part about her swinging the axe hahaha
noticed this too
laugh.gif

Just saw the episode. Beth was exposable. Should have killed off someone more important but hood to get rid of dead weight. I mean when she got kidnapped, did people really care where she went? The only thing that made it memorable was her sister crying at the end.

And iI haven't skimmed though this whole post but but does't Morgan looking like Denzel in Book of Eli:

1413173605905_wps_66_The_Walking_Dead_Season_P.jpg
Eli2.jpg

Last edited:
the more i think about it the more it seems crazy that:

a) dawn demanded back her "ward"
b) that noah just willingly went back

now first of all, dawn's treating noah like hes nothing but property
not a person, just something to be traded
the whole idea of him "escaping" is like some plantation ****
beth and carol are white so their white lives are to be preserved

now noah, being a man not bound to servitude by anyone, simply had to take that moment to assert his own independance
instead he one of those go along to get alongs
like how is he just gonna let dawn demand him back?

it just struck me as crazy like the dynamics at work, especially with how dawn was so clung to order and power and privilege
While I can see this angle and ppl running with it (especially cuz I've seen ppl before accuse the writers of an agenda or just blatant racism due to their unsatisfaction with the depiction of the growing emasculation of black male characters on the show which I can't argue with), Dawn demanded Noah back to maintain her power as leader in the hospital.

She basically didn't want to get punked on that deal. If you re-watch, right after Rick turns his back with that glad this could be done with no violence her beady little eyes kinda turn back to her ppl behind her and it's like the thought passed her mind that this situation might diminish her standing going forward. So she tries to pull a g move and comes up with I want Noah back. That in itself reminds me more so of a pimp demanding his ho back. I don't go to the plantation comparison in my mind cuz that just ends in a bloodbath, word to Django. Aint no slave master archtype character is gonna even stand for such a deal with his property, might as well let the guns settle it. Dawn isn't arrogant in that way she's just desperate like any pimp losing out on a thoroughbred. She wanted to keep her power and after she caught a bullet in the head, the next female cop was quick to say that didn't have **** to do with us please don't kill us.

Now maybe as some posters in here joked about had they hinted that Noah was smashing Dawn on the sly, I could see some other reasoning to her wanting him back with this "ward" talk but it was simply just poor writing to create a bull **** conclusion.

What I find to be the bigger problems with that scene and some sequence of events is Rick and co. even entering the hospital for this to go down, telling those cops they even had Noah. Noah should've been their ace in the hole. Noah shouldn't have even been there. I don't even know why Rick brought his entire crew inside. Stage the transfer in the parking lot, keep your snipers available on rooftops. Then there's the nonsense with Beth which was crap.
i didnt know 

that he was blind

until the end :wow:
They still need to explain what sort of version he had cuz son's pupils were alert up until that reveal, he pretend read something as well :lol:

What I find to be the bigger problems with that scene and some sequence of events is Rick and co. even entering the hospital for this to go down, telling those cops they even had Noah. Noah should've been their ace in the hole. Noah shouldn't have even been there. I don't even know why Rick brought his entire crew inside. Stage the transfer in the parking lot, keep your snipers available on rooftops. Then there's the nonsense with Beth which was crap.

:lol: this so much. Like Rick was so slick n smart to have the initial meeting in the parking lot with his crew at the rooftop providing support. Perfect execution. Next thing we see is them all going through the hospital like on some swat team steez. :x :smh: Like damn, the advantage were to the cops since they knew the hospital inside and out. What's preventing Dawn and her crew from setting up an ambush on Rick's crew using the patient's rooms that Rick's crew pass by. It was so uncharacteristic of Rick to suddenly forget his tactical options and his trust no one motto and enter that hospital. Such bad/lazy writing.

I think the only reason the writers did this was for dramatic effect i.e. the whole Maggie and crew arriving, taking the long walk, seeing Rick's crew emerge from the single door entrance one by one, giving false hope and then the dramatic effect having Daryl come out last and carrying Beth out crying and shaking his head while Maggie finally realizes what happened. Because if they had the exchange in the parking lot, no dramatic effect. Beth dying was okay if they wanted to go there but how it was executed was bunz. I had to rewind and play in slow mo just to see how Dawn equipped the quickdraw perk with the quickness.

And TWD writers are more and more relying on "shocking" character deaths as a way to hide their lazy/bad writing. It gets people to forget the lackluster season and focus more on losing a main character.

Last edited:
Considering the Hughs Brothers made Menace To Society, The Book of Eli was definitely not their best film. Probably only worth a Netlflix watch on a dull night.

That part pissed me off specifically cuz the very next thing when the show comes back isn't the two cops telling Dawn about the proposed trade of hostages or even Rick talking to Dawn. It's just them in a stair case altogether going up. I thought I missed an entire segment. Like how we just jump to this part of negotiations?

These fools never heard of a hotbox situation. All it would've took is for some cops to sneak up behind them and cops above them to basically sandwich them and kill em all. Then like you say all that walking past rooms in one wing of the hospital has too much trap potential. They wrote Rick and co. dumb just to get the end they wanted.

Hate how the writers now rely on the crutch of killing off characters in finales now. Beth dying was predictable. Go back to great storytelling like the 1st half of this season. 2nd half of season was average. Pacing of the finale felt rushed too. Carol waking up of nowhere. 
laugh.gif

And Emily on the Talking Dead was awkward to watch. Especially with the showrunner there. Acting as if her acting career is over now....
grin.gif

Last edited:
That part pissed me off specifically cuz the very next thing when the show comes back isn't the two cops telling Dawn about the proposed trade of hostages or even Rick talking to Dawn. It's just them in a stair case altogether going up. I thought I missed an entire segment. Like how we just jump to this part of negotiations?

I thought I was the only one, I watched it on DVR and I thought I FF too far into the show :lol: :smh:

the more i think about it the more it seems crazy that:

a) dawn demanded back her "ward"
b) that noah just willingly went back

now first of all, dawn's treating noah like hes nothing but property
not a person, just something to be traded
the whole idea of him "escaping" is like some plantation ****
beth and carol are white so their white lives are to be preserved

now noah, being a man not bound to servitude by anyone, simply had to take that moment to assert his own independance
instead he one of those go along to get alongs
like how is he just gonna let dawn demand him back?

it just struck me as crazy like the dynamics at work, especially with how dawn was so clung to order and power and privilege

I think Noah and Dawn had a "thing" so Dawn wanted her f buddy back. Just the way she always looked at him

Man this show is getting broken down like it's some Oscar/Emmy Period Piece type and not some cheesy Zombie Apocalypse Drama.

It's ******* zombies man.(The Slow Zombies too) 

Who needs good writing, just keep some hot babes on deck, smash some skulls, show a little blood and you've done the Zombie thing well.

Now If they were real  Zombies, like 28 days later or World War Z, fine, criticizing the writing would make sense, to me.

These are the *Slow Zombies though, **** has to be a little cupcake man.

SlowZombies= Chee sy

FastZombies= Not Cheesy

Last edited:
Man this show is getting broke down like it's some Oscar/Emmy Period Piece type and not some cheesy Zombie Apocalypse Drama.

Who needs good writing, just keep some hot babes on deck, smash some skulls, show a little blood and you've done the Zombie thing well.

Now If they were real  Zombies, like 28 days later or World War Z, fine, criticizing the writing would make sense, to me.

SlowZombies= Chee sy
FastZombies= Not Cheesy

so why didn't they do the exchange on neutral grounds? was it the sniper potential? Not sure how Rick's group agreed to that part of the deal.

Good episode. Rick has definitely become the character I though he should have been.

Rick's group had all the intel on how many cops were with the group so if things looked off they could have backed out. The cops probably weren't going to go for an outdoor meeting based on the groups advantage with long range weapons.

Beth trying to kill Dawn was to end the cycle I think. Dawn kept trying to convince Beth that she waa different and that folks came back because it was a safe haven. When she tried to force Chris back Beth decided enough was enough. If I remember right Beth admitted that the ones that brought her in had their way with her. Dawn was just allowing things to continue.

Good episode. Rick has definitely become the character I though he should have been.

Rick's group had all the intel on how many cops were with the group so if things looked off they could have backed out. The cops probably weren't going to go for an outdoor meeting based on the groups advantage with long range weapons.

Beth trying to kill Dawn was to end the cycle I think. Dawn kept trying to convince Beth that she waa different and that folks came back because it was a safe haven. When she tried to force Chris back Beth decided enough was enough. If I remember right Beth admitted that the ones that brought her in had their way with her. Dawn was just allowing things to continue.

Was that hospital still in ATL? I really wonder what happened to Mexican Santana's gang and their abuela's.

Last edited:
http://niketalk.com/f/7353/general
Man this show is getting broken down like it's some Oscar/Emmy Period Piece type and not some cheesy Zombie Apocalypse Drama.

SlowZombies= Chee sy
FastZombies= Not Cheesy

Bravo! Folks be acting like this is written by Aaron Sorkin and crap. Relax, its friggin sci fi

http://niketalk.com/f/7353/general

SlowZombies= Chee sy
FastZombies= Not Cheesy

Bravo! Folks be acting like this is written by Aaron Sorkin and crap. Relax, its friggin sci fi

It should be written well regardless of genre. TV is too good now not to expect that. They need to let the Mad Men and breaking bad writers write a few episodes.

For as long as they've been out and running around. THEY STILL IN ATLANTA? Like it's just a 45 minute drive from anywhere.

Heard she just released an album or single

Doesnt matter, she's not gonna be relevant anymore.
I try to imagine what it would be like to get killed off in the show after 3-4 seasons. Imagine Kirkman coming up to you and being like "Yeah Im sorry this is gonna be your last episode"
I know no job is guaranteed in this world but that must be soul crushing. The cast seems to really like each other.

Are you guys serious? This show has won a ton of awards, including being nominated for 6 Emmy's and winning 2. Also won a Golden Globe. It is definitely an 'Award' show and not just a cheesy throwaway. Do you not see the emotion and acting skills on display week after week? I say that to say, that it absolutely deserves the criticism. It should be held to a higher accord. When you have the talent at your disposal and amazing story resources just waiting to be tapped and you waste them, the fans have the right to feel some type of way. Especially after reeling us in in Season 1 with great acting and story-arches. It has the potential to be great, yet chooses not to with the terrible writing and bland attention to detail.

Back
Top Bottom