The Walking Dead - Official Thread

you sound butthurt for no reason. Nothing he said was spoiling it for anyone. Just because he used the word comic?

he described one of the important characters beheading another one, if thats not a spoiler i dont know what is, specially since Michonne is the only one walking around with a sword.....i mean is it that hard to use spoiler tags or stick to the comic book thread?

he described one of the important characters beheading another one, if thats not a spoiler i dont know what is, specially since Michonne is the only one walking around with a sword.....i mean is it that hard to use spoiler tags or stick to the comic book thread?
he didnt describe anything. Someone said Michonne SHOULD cut off the governors head in which he quoted it would pay homage to the comics (how? I don't know). That's NOT a spoiler. its a prediction. If someone were to lie or make a wrong prediction for the show would that be a spoiler? what if someone predicts something right? does that spoil it for you?

saying it pays homage to the comics is saying that something along those lines happens in the comics and since the show sort of goes in line with the comics it can very well be a spoiler, why this is even a discussion is beyond me, ya want to discuss the comic, dont do it here, or if you must, please use a spoiler tag....its really not that hard.

@ksteezy
He's saying it would pay homage to comics for other reasons. Michonne does not kill The Governor in the comics. Nothing along those lines happen in the comics.

Slight Comic spoiler

If Michonne does so happen to behead The Governor I agree, it would be a nice homage to the comics. Not because it happens in the comics. But because of the things The Governor did to Michonne and someone very close to her.

Last edited:
@ksteezy
He's saying it would pay homage to comics for other reasons. Michonne does not kill The Governor in the comics. Nothing along those lines happen in the comics.

but you do understand how to someone that has never read the comics, hearing a line like "i hope michonne beheads the governor because it'll pay homage to the comics" may come off as a spoiler....all comic related talk should be in a spoiler tag, is just the right thing to do for those who never read the comics, is simple...

but you do understand how to someone that has never read the comics, hearing a line like "i hope michonne beheads the governor because it'll pay homage to the comics" may come off as a spoiler....all comic related talk should be in a spoiler tag, is just the right thing to do for those who never read the comics, is simple...
Oh, I definitely understand, and I agree about putting comic related talk in a spoiler. But in his mind its not seen as such because it doesn't happen in the comics.

Oh, I definitely understand, and I agree about putting comic related talk in a spoiler. But in his mind its not seen as such because it doesn't happen in the comics.

he knows that because hes read the comics, I on the other hand dont, so you cant blame me for flipping out a bit when dude says "a beheading will pay homage to the comics"

yo I took that personality test, how the **** did I get a Walker. "Engaged by the hunt....grab what I need.....all I want is food" :smh: :lol:

How I seen more zombies during that test than the recent episodes though.

And did any one see Lauren Cohan's guest spot on Law & Order SVU? she played a victim.

you sound butthurt for no reason. Nothing he said was spoiling it for anyone. Just because he used the word comic?

No I did not. Someone said they wanted Michonne to behead the Governor and I said that would be a nice homage or shout out to the comic.

Maybe you should look up what the word homage means cuz it doesn't mean one person just doing the same thing they already did somewhere else.
@ksteezy

:wow: ************ no one said this though. It wasn't like that.

It wasn't a spoiler that's why I didn't put it in a spoiler.

What I said would be no different than if I brought up the Governor losing an eye or Merle losing his hand being homages/shout outs to the comic and Merle isn't even in the comics but let me guess I spoiled the comic or show for yall again :lol: :smh:
And did any one see Lauren Cohan's guest spot on Law & Order SVU? she played a victim.
She's a really good actor. ****** up story though but that's the usual on SVU.

The rapist being the guy that is the surveillance dude from Homeland was funny. He was surprisingly a much better actor than I remember from the other stuff I've seen him in.

Last edited:
please explain how is Michonne beheading the Governor paying HOMAGE to the comics.....if nothing like this ever happened in the comics, how in the world would it relate to them in any way?...how would it "honor" anything that never happened.

Last edited:
please explain how is Michonne beheading the Governor paying HOMAGE to the comics.....if nothing like this ever happened in the comics, how in the world would it relate to them in any way?...how would it "honor" anything that never happened.
You a ******* aint you? You just got all butthurt about spoiling the comics and now you're asking me to explain in detail why it's an homage which would be spoiling the comic :smh:

I hope you sitting on a pillow typing this.

If you think an homage to something has to involve the same characters it's paying homage to I don't know what to tell you. The horde of walkers overrunning Herschel's farm isn't paying homage to the comic, that's just doing exactly what happened in the comic. I don't see how you don't get the difference. What I said references an important event in the comic which would be akin to if Michonne beheaded the Governor on the show in the finale.

Merle losing his hand is paying homage to the comics in a way. Herschel losing his leg is, so is the Governor losing his eye (again in a certain sense). What's gone isn't some random choice. Of course you would not know that if you didn't read the comics.

Know this that post will not be understood by you. You were not spoiled by anything in the comics. Right now you're overreacting.

Also I don't know why you assuming it was Michonne I'm talking about anyway as far as beheading goes. We aint see a damn rocket launcher until the previews for next week but they got one now. Why it gotta be a sword? For all you know what I'm referencing is Lori getting her head cut off with a chainsaw by Morgan.

At this point it seems you want me to be in the wrong because you assumed something about what I said and that aint gonna happen. If I'm going to spoil the comic, trust me you'll know.

FTR, for all you butthurt stop spoiling the comics dudes, Lori did not get her head cut off with a chainsaw by Morgan lol

Last edited:
Thought I pretty much ended this debate about paying homage to the comics. Ksteezy is not in the wrong for assuming Buddahs post as a possible spoiler. Buddah is not in the wrong for his post being that it doesn't spoil anything. Oh well..........

Got caught up on Game Of Thrones.

GOT>>>>>>>>TWD

The Walking Dead folks need to take note. And lol at HBO deeming TWD as too violent. With all the violence and sex on GOT, really??

Reported for personal attack.

I won't drag this BS out any longer, do us a favor and keep all comic book talk in spoilers.

Who cares....

They are keeping costs down and milking this show for all they can because they know that no matter what, people are going to watch and buy products. Look at the game..it's horrendous. Not only does it look like a PS1 game, but the gameplay sucks, it's so short you can beat it within a few hours and there is no online...

They made it as fast and as cheap as they could, threw a $50 price tag on it and took a bunch of fans money.

Winter is coming. I'll be watching GOT premier and TWD will be on the DVR for when I need a good laugh...

So disappointing...

Who cares....

They are keeping costs down and milking this show for all they can because they know that no matter what, people are going to watch and buy products. Look at the game..it's horrendous. Not only does it look like a PS1 game, but the gameplay sucks, it's so short you can beat it within a few hours and there is no online...

They made it as fast and as cheap as they could, threw a $50 price tag on it and took a bunch of fans money.

Winter is coming. I'll be watching GOT premier and TWD will be on the DVR for when I need a good laugh...

So disappointing...
Which game are you referring to? The one with Daryl or the game with Lee. The one with Lee was great!!!

I dont get why people have to be douches. Just shut the **** up about the comic its not that hard. Paying homage is relating, resembling, similar to something that has happened in the past. You cant pay homage without some kind of connection between two situations i dont get how this is even an argument...

Apparently i can pay homage to Independence Day by not raising my flag but by decorating my house with Xmas lights...and I get called for not knowing the definition of homage :lol:

I don't think people talking about the comic is a big deal

But I can see why people get mad about it

Just use spoilers or go the comic thread

No big deal

Back
Top Bottom