The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Alex Song for David Villa + 2mil basically. I'm surprised they'd let him go that easily. 

*edit Seen a couple "reports"(semi-legitimate twitter sources) that Liverpool had been lined up to sign Villa last year but they opted out when he broke his leg. Is it just me or does that sound completely non-sensical/ridiculous? 

United wanted him, when he was the main striker for Barca. The deal didn't go through cause Barca really needed him under Pep. Under Tito, that changed (coupled with injury). Liverpool might have been interested, but a 31 year old striker who hasn't played in the prem, just coming off injury could have been seen as too risky.

I'm a huge fan of Villa. (I've always said he's your favorite strikers, favorite striker) but I think signing him (even if it's for a 2 year deal) at 31 coming off injury is a big risk. A big club like Barce says they don't need him (and I haven't seen another big club interested-I may be wrong here), why would another "big club" want him?

If I were Wenger, I would have put far more energy into signing someone like Lewandowski. Young but seasoned, talented, proven and still alot of years left in him. Plus he's used to playing quick passing football.[

This is what I'm thinking throughout this whole Villa speculation..would MUCH rather see Lewandowski..or any German :lol:

Last edited:
i just came home from the pub

"ooooooh rooooobin van peeerr seeeeeeeee, oooooohhhhhh rooooooobin van peeeeer seeeeeeeeeeee" :smokin

why on both goals did DDG just watch them go in, WHERE IS THE EFFORT!? I hate him
in all fairness wasnt a damn thing he could do about that 2nd goal.. he made a couple of really good saves i thought.. still a work in progress tho

SMH Villa? Dude is talented no doubt but this is typical arsenal, either they invest in cheap un-groomed talent or cheap declining talent.. Dont get me wrong on his good day villa is still class but we are talking about a club who has went the last couple windows with out spending big money and selling everyone, they really need to go out there and spend money.. Falcao, Cavani, llorente... all are out there..

Remy, Gamiero, Capoue, Biglia, Ganso, Hernanes, and Gustavo....well I can go on about who I think we should look into. But I think everyone would welcome Villa to their team. Granted that they already had a main striker but went looking for reinforcement. Someone who can start some games here and there, come off the bench, be a force in the lockerroom and share some knowledge to other players...mainly the younger ones.

The club has what, around 50mil or more to spend this window? I'm hoping we can make it count. Hopefully Theo's contract situation is sealed next week

Villa hasn't gotten the chance to prove that he's still world class.

It's true that Villa has been off in some games, but how can he find consistent form if Tito never even plays him? As a Barca fan, it's so frustrating watching Tito pick Tello over Villa most of the time, especially when Villa has such an impressive number of goals in the limited minutes he's received :smh:

And I sure as @#$% would take VIlla's 9 goals over Alexis' diving @#$ 1 goal :x

Last edited:
Swansea have looked good out there today....

De Guzman has made one or two crackin passes over the past few minutes...

Back
Top Bottom