The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Playing Hazard/Mata/Oscar didn't work well today. Needed width. Got better with Moses on.

I'm sure we'll see it again, tho. Stoke not always the best barometer.

Granada can feel hard done by....

holding til the 87th minute then letting through 2 goals....

smh

Letter from SAF to travelling fans to Anfield tomorrow

"Dear Supporter,
The great support you gave the team here [at Anfield] last season has seen our allocation back up to near-full levels. I want you to continue that progress today. But today [Sunday] is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world.
Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top – a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long. It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred. Just 10 days ago, we heard the terrible, damning truth about the deaths of 96 fans who went to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never came back. What happened to them should wake the conscience of everyone connected with the game.
Our great club stands with our great neighbours Liverpool today to remember that loss and pay tribute to their campaign for justice. I know I can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the best fans in the game.
Yours sincerely, Sir Alex Ferguson."

United at Anfield tomorrow morning, 8:30 AM EST. Really hope I can wake up for the big EPL match after a night of partying for a friend's birthday in the city.

Can't wait for tomorrow's match. Hopefully it's a good game.

I'm setting like five alarms to wake myself up. :lol:

United at Anfield tomorrow morning, 8:30 AM EST. Really hope I can wake up for the big EPL match after a night of partying for a friend's birthday in the city.
Man I know that feel. I have no hope to wake up in time for the games tomorrow :smh: :lol: Then again the only one I was planning on was the Arsenal game.

#AFC injury update:
Wojciech Szczesny - ankle/foot injury - expected back in a month.

Lukasz Fabianksi - shoulder injury - no expected return date.

Marouane Chamakh - illness - no expected return date

Tomas Rosicky - calf/shin injury - back in training, expected fully fit October 6th.

Bacary Sagna - broken leg - back in training, expected fully fit October 6th.

Emmanuel Frimpong - ACL knee injury - back in training, expected fully fit September 29th.

Jack Wilshere - ankle/foot injury - back in training, expected fully fit October 6th.

I would rather watch womens soccer, Mexican soccer is so dirty and boring.

I have been watching both the Mexican league and the Brasillero recently and both need improvement. The talent in both leagues is undisputed and the athleticism is clearly there. However the organization makes it very hard to watch at times. I will say the better Mexican/Brazilian teams like Monterey and Fluminese are pretty entertaining

Man I know that feel. I have no hope to wake up in time for the games tomorrow :smh: :lol: Then again the only one I was planning on was the Arsenal game.

I thnk im just not going to sleep :lol: Man U/LFC , then Man City/Arsenal a nap then Ravens/Patriots and im off tomorrow?!? :nthat:

For someone interested in getting into soccer, would Manchester United be a good team to root for?

For someone interested in getting into soccer, would Manchester United be a good team to root for?

That's up to you. Watch a games. If you like how a team plays whether it's ManU or another club. Support them
A fellow NTer who recently got into soccer, saw Everton's opening game...was really attracted to how they played and worked as a team, has been supporting them ever since

There is a big game between United and their biggest rival Liverpool in about two hours. Watch that and decide for yourself!

As a United and futbol fan, I'd say chose a team based on how they play. A team's style of play, ambition and determination should be what makes you choose.

(Although, we've been playing terribly lately lol)

The United-Liverpool game is at the same time as the F1 Singaporean GP... 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom