The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

i think either him or brendan rodgers will get the sack before christmas
Heskey to newcastle jets

Rogers was foolish. He had a good thing going with Swansea. His team was growing, and was comfortably out of relegation zone.

He went to a club with HUGE expectations. :smh:

Rogers was foolish. He had a good thing going with Swansea. His team was growing, and was comfortably out of relegation zone.

It's called ambition. Swansea is a nothing club compared to Liverpool. It would have been utterly foolish to turn down such an opportunity. It's one of the ten most prestigious club managerial positions in the sport. Swansea will never reach that level as a club, or have the resources to compete for major trophies. The reason Rodgers was at Swansea was so that he could eventually manage at a club like Liverpool.

And he won't get sacked this season, the owners know he'll need a lot more time and investment to make the top four.

Last edited:
It's called ambition. Swansea is a nothing club compared to Liverpool. It would have been utterly foolish to turn down such an opportunity. It's one of the ten most prestigious club managerial positions in the sport. Swansea will never reach that level as a club, or have the resources to compete for major trophies. The reason Rodgers was at Swansea was so that he could eventually manage at a club like Liverpool.
And he won't get sacked this season, the owners know he'll need a lot more time and investment to make the top four.

There's nothing wrong with Ambition. But he's only 39, he has plenty of time. Swansea wasn't going to be a top 4 club anytime soon, but he had time to work with them and eventually move to a "prestigious" club like Liverpool. Swasea was his first premier league club. And was only there for like 2 seasons. He had time to get used to PL football with Swansea and move up to a bigger club later.

Time will tell how it play out....

^varies between leagues for the most part, just the major ones we pay attention too are together

no way.. ramos has fallen off recently.. PEPE has been a best defender..
Pepe is a more physical, bullish defender but he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Ramos. Plus, Sergio's versatility to play full-back or CB is a huge advantage for depth, assuming he stops getting into training arguments with Mou.

Anyone ever think about becoming a coach someday
Definitely, man. You're not alone. Would love to coach at the HS level or even club.

Buck struck while the iron was hot. No better offer would present itself after one golden season in the EPL.

Ganso moves from Santos to Sao Paolo on a 5-year contract...
Bad knees could be his only downfall.

Oscar's second goal. Sucio.

no way.. ramos has fallen off recently.. PEPE has been a best defender..
Pepe is a more physical, bullish defender but he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Ramos. Plus, Sergio's versatility to play full-back or CB is a huge advantage for depth, assuming he stops getting into training arguments with Mou.

Anyone ever think about becoming a coach someday
Definitely, man. You're not alone. Would love to coach at the HS level or even club.
I think Pepe also has an advantage in that he can also play as a CDM

Kinda feel like I should go to school for that coaching opportunity, maybe double major or have that as a minor

^
whens the last time pepe played dm?

like guy up[there steaid, pepe is a better bullish defender but ramos is more gifted and berssatiley..

dont tlike his ***** made self, but pepe is the olnly guy is seen stope Messi one on one.

I think Pepe also has an advantage in that he can also play as a CDM

No, he can't. He's been played there a time or two before, but his given role was only to destroy, as his quality and positional play is nowhere near CDM standard. Pepe in midfield is anti-football.

But he is a top class defender; quick off his line, and excellent in the air. His lack of technical ability is made up for by his physical prowess, but he's also very rash, and obviously a %#!*. Has been in great form since the Euros - his partnership with Alves is one of the best central pairings in the intl game.

Sergio is an all around superior footballer, though. Hoping he clocks Mou before season end.

Man Messi must have night mares about Pepe/Ramos. They both always find a way to take a shot at Messi and put him in the turf :lol:
Especially Ramos. :lol:

Man Messi must have night mares about Pepe/Ramos. They both always find a way to take a shot at Messi and put him in the turf :lol:
Especially Ramos. :lol:

He takes brutal challenges in a lot of games, not just against Madrid. But it's far more likely dudes have nightmares about defending him.

Last edited:
Pepe and Lass had the same role in El Clasico, rough play. Breakup Barca's continuity and rhythm. Disrupt crisp, short, quick passing. Challenge every ball, every 50/50. Put a body on Messi at every opportunity.

I'll be extremely distraught if Ramos and Mou can work out their issues. I don't like the sound of Albiol and Arbeloa starting full-time in the XI for El Clasico or a big CL match.

Varane is still a year or two away from being a regular fixture in any major club's starting XI. At least he worked out better for Madrid than Savic has for City in the same window.

I'll be extremely distraught if Ramos and Mou cant work out their issues. I don't like the sound of Albiol and Arbeloa starting full-time in the XI for El Clasico or a big CL match.[/quote]
same here man, Ramos is one of my favorite players

Pepe and Lass had the same role in El Clasico, rough play. Breakup Barca's continuity and rhythm. Disrupt crisp, short, quick passing. Challenge every ball, every 50/50. Put a body on Messi at every opportunity.
I'll be extremely distraught if Ramos and Mou can work out their issues. I don't like the sound of Albiol and Arbeloa starting full-time in the XI for El Clasico or a big CL match.
same here man, Ramos is one of my favorite players

Anyone watching Schalke/Bayern?

Should be a good. Die Königsblauen will take it in Gelsenkirchen

Last edited:
Everton looked awesome the second half I watched....glad for Timmy :smokin....hopefully they displace Chelski from the top 4 by some miracle :lol:

I love what I'm seeing from Oscar. Victor Moses looks to be a very good sub too. Torres isn't getting many shots though....something's gotta be done about that.

Back
Top Bottom