The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

and great comeback from Honduras. I knew there was a problem once two of mexicos best palyers were taken out

Costly is aa beast, love his lil trick he always does lol. im surprised people still fall for that lol

Last edited:
Well damn....Tuesday just got all the way real for the Mexicans :smh: Hopefully we can pull out a miracle that game, but we gotta handle business tonight :smokin

Man I like having futbol on Friday night... Home wit the fam, bout to enjoy some carry out & some ice cold Dos Equis...

Let's go Argentina!!!

Only one watching Paraguay-Uruguay?

I was watching the first half. Forgot Forlan was still playing footy.
A lot of good games today. France was looking lively, hope they win against Spain. Holland was looking good but I didn't watch the whole game, only the first half.
I watched the first few minutes of Belgium and they weren't really into it yet but they have a handful of exciting players. Scotland-Wales was good, shame Ramsey got a red at the end. He had a really good game. Same with OX.
TV, Ramsey, Giroud all scored. OX scored and got an assist, I think he may have gotten two or helped set up the play that led to a goal. Gnarby scored twice in the German U18 game vs France.
I'm looking forward to this USA game but i'm worried

something US soccer is desperately lacking at the moment right now

is a good color commentator.

Sick of clowns like Alexi Lalas and Kasey Keller. No professionalism, just complete jock type dudes. they get super defensive and emotional about anything soccer, national team, or MLS related and are complete homers when it comes to all three. They're biassed with no damns given and commentate like you gave a mic to a fan at a bar. They also come off as jock douches whose lack of intelligence and professionalism gets exposed when on tv alongside guys like Ian Darke.

ESPN needs American personalities to reach a wider range of audiences that will be turned off by an all-british/international staff, but these dudes can't really be the best option in the ENTIRE country as the American voices of the sport. Alexi Lalas imo almost serves as an ambassador for what's a fringe sport here in soccer and the national team. It shocks me that nobody can come up with a better alternative.

At least Barry Melrose, ESPNs hockey ambassador, who you can draw parallels to a guy like Lalas with, doesn't come off like a complete *** and seems like a good representative of the sport. He's got some edge to him, but is good on tv and is a professional.

On another note, todays USA match falls in a rare category of "match that nobody will forget, that nobody will ever want to watch again."

And one last thing, my knocks on Lalas and Keller are about them as tv personalities, nothing against them as players.

I can never tell if Lalas is being serious or just gets off on trolling. Whenever someone is dropping knowledge, he stares at that person with that stupid @#$ smirk of his and then goes on to state the exact opposite in a know-it-all tone, even if it is complete nonsense. Dude just loves to argue, he's like the soccer DCAllAmerican :smh:

Last edited:
Taylor Twellman is the US futbol version of Sean Salisbury. 

He's had a few too many concussions and is just a rambling angry patriot 
laugh.gif
 and I love it 
nthat.gif

Man United Complete £17m Deal to Sign Benfica Centre-Back Ezequiel Garay
by The Newshound March 23rd, 2013

Comments0

Argentine defender on his way to Old Trafford?

Man United have reportedly completed a £17m deal to strengthen their defence with the capture of Benfica centre-back Ezequiel Garay according to the Daily Express.

The Old Trafford side have been scouting the powerful Argentine defender for some months and have apparently come to an ‘agreement’ with the Lisbon based side as to a fee for the former Real Madrid man.

Garay has been in especially fine form this term, helping Benfica to the top of the Primeira Liga table, conceding just 14 goals in 23 matches.

Sir Alex Ferguson may well have felt he needed to bring in a defensive signing given the fact that his back-line have been uncharacteristically shaky for much of the current campaign.

The 26 year old Rosario born defender could be seen as a long term replacement for Rio Ferdinand, who is in the latter stages of his career. The Man United boss may also be taking into account Nemanja Vidic’s continued injury concerns.

The former Newell’s Old Boys star struggled to make an impact at Real Madrid but successfully re-ignited his career at the Estadio da Luz.

They should have used a dark red/blue type of ball yesterday. it was difficult to see, even with the bright yellow.

Can't lie tho, that looked like it would have been fun.

Or they can play 4-4-2 Suarez and Cavani up top

A lot of issues in the midfield, back 4 need to be more dominate. They'll go far because their attack force is brilliant but Cavani needs to play in the middle.

I don't see them making it to the World Cup to be honest...

This team will be there. Same as those stupid articles saying how Spain is in danger. Nah, they'll beat France next week and continue dominating.

Though if they HAPPEN to lose, and end up in that lottery thing...**** will get real

They should have used a dark red/blue type of ball yesterday. it was difficult to see, even with the bright yellow.

Can't lie tho, that looked like it would have been fun.

I was really surprised they didn't have anything on hand. I was expecting an orange ball or something. Ian Darke even commented, [the ball manufacturer needs to produce a worse conditions playing ball]. But I guess it was a good lesson in protocol and organization for officials

Highlights from the German U18-France U18 match, 2-3. Serge Gnarby with 2 goals for Germany, the second one was a cracker. He's a RW, can play on the left flank to. I wouldn't be surprised if he got converted into a ST
http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=5611
Interviews of Messi and Kun about when they first met :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom