The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Messi's first goal :wow:

Important in so many ways. Came early enough to give his team hope and play their patient game for the rest of the match. Also was so great that it just had AC Milan shook.

Regret not watching the Schalke-Galatasaray match. Looked like a great one from the highlights.

Last edited:
Dani Alves is filthy from the wing, only if his crosses were better though. Barcas defense is soo bad sometimes, they will pay for it if they end up playing Bayern next round

I'm happy for Roura. He's been with Barcelona since he was in his mid teens. He did what he could - 7 wins, 3 draws, & 4 losses. Having said that, I can't wait until Tito comes back.

A lot of people were saying this team (& tiki taka) were dead, but I never thought that. They just weren't playing with any passion. Prior to today's match, they've looked very uninspired on both ends of the pitch for the last month & a half or so.

Messi is the best.
No triple crown but ill take La Liga and Champions league title any day.
This is the type of win that creates a monster...down 2-0 and still get in qtrs.. They are not looking back after this.

We can beat any of these:
Madrid
Dortmund
PSG
Juve
Bayern
Galat

Madrid vs Barca would be ideal so we can kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:
If what I'm hearing is true, Wenger is gonna start a weaker side against Bayern. Coquelin and OX will start

Some interesting quotes from Arteta's recent intereview
“To any team with top players, you have to ask what’s going to happen in this answer and there’s only one answer: we want to improve the team.

“We want to be better, and next season we want to get more points - which means we will have won more games.

"I think everybody knows that. I think the board knows that and hopefully this summer we’ll do something about it.”

Came across a recent Gunners blog article on Gedion Zelalem. Playing with the U16's right now and will probably make an appearance for the U18 before the season ends. As talented as he is, the big worry is his physical frame. Well, lack of. He's taken one too many tackles that have given him minor knocks. Thus leading to minor set backs in development. He's been playing for the German U16 team. I'm gonna assume if all goes well with him, he'll make it to the NT.

In terms of physical frame. Kristoffer Olsson has a similar frame to him. He seems to be doing well. He'll still need to gain more strength of course.

Last edited:
I'm happy for Roura. He's been with Barcelona since he was in his mid teens. He did what he could - 7 wins, 3 draws, & 4 losses. Having said that, I can't wait until Tito comes back.

A lot of people were saying this team (& tiki taka) were dead, but I never thought that. They just weren't playing with any passion. Prior to today's match, they've looked very uninspired on both ends of the pitch for the last month & a half or so.

Messi is the best.
No triple crown but ill take La Liga and Champions league title any day.
This is the type of win that creates a monster...down 2-0 and still get in qtrs.. They are not looking back after this.

We can beat any of these:
Madrid
Dortmund
PSG
Juve
Bayern
Galat

Madrid vs Barca would be ideal so we can kill two birds with one stone.

HALAMADRID!

Went to dinner at halftime of the Tigres/Seatle game. Turned the TV on, and saw that UANL got eliminated, smh. Viniegra is gonna get scolded when they get back to Monterrey for that Red card he got in the first half...

Before the game I told my friend I could see Barca winning 4-0

should have placed a bet :smh: :lol:

Apparently Arsenal is interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. :lol: at the ending

Anyone follow the Dutch league? I remember reading that Liverpool was interested in him (Marco van Ginkel) and Wilfied Bony. I feel like a handful of players will be leaving the Eredivisie

AC Milan came out and immediately packed it in. They were playing for the counter attack from the opening whistle. Messi's first goal was huge since it was onlye 6 mins in. Barca looked really good but im still not sold on their defense. Milan also didn't do a great job blocking passing lanes...credit to barca though for having way more movement in the attacking third.

But i think madrid could still give them problems same with Bayern. But I am not betting against them :lol:

I'm not sold on Barca's defense either but I'll be encouraged if Tito can come back. They have the talent to win the Champions League. It was good to see Xavi & Iniesta play well yesterday, good to see Alves play well too.

Why can't Eddie Johnson play like he did last night with the USMNT?

CONCACAF referees are almost as bad as MLS refs...Almost...

Got to work with Mexico NT head coach Jose Manuel "Chepo" De La Torre on Monday as he and the Director of National Teams were in San Francisco to promote the upcoming friendly with Peru next month at AT&T. Never really been a fan of "el tri" but after spending the day with Chepo, I have the utmost respect for the guy. Really down to earth, humble, and well spoken. Looking forward to working with him again at the match next month. Here are some pictures throughout the day I thought I'd share. Also, here is the link to the piece that Jeff Carlisle wrote during his interview with him while we were having lunch.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/1765?cc=5901

2013 Confederations Cup official match ball

Press Conference set up

Chepo and Hector Gonzalez Innaritu speaking

Posing on top of the Mark Hopkins intercontinental hotel

Back on top of the hotel for a promotional photoshoot

took Chepo to Univision for an interview

Nice Ronaldo Nazario. What do you do for a living that resulted in meeting & spending time with De la Torre?

Nice Ronaldo Nazario. What do you do for a living that resulted in meeting & spending time with De la Torre?

Unfortunately I work at a grocery store. Graduated from college two years ago with a degree in organizational communications. Been trying to get into PR/media relations in sports. It's a work in process, but to make a long story short I work game day staff for the SJ Earthquakes and met someone who works for Soccer United Marketing who often asks me to work international games and events like this with him as a press officer assistant. Got to work the Brazil/Mexico game last summer in Dallas as well as the Gold Cup. Just paying my dues waiting for the right opportunity to come along.

Back
Top Bottom