The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Great win for Arsenal, much needed. Now we just have to make sure our house is in order and stay consistent

Good win today. Kind of got scared after Reading scored 2 quick ones, I thought we were in for another wild finish. Santi :pimp: (got me 40 points in the fantasy league today :pimp: :lol: )

I'd love to see us sign Ba. We could always use some more firepower up front.

Good win today. Kind of got scared after Reading scored 2 quick ones, I thought we were in for another wild finish. Santi :pimp: (got me 40 points in the fantasy league today :pimp: :lol: )

The problem with the Ba deal. Ba won't want to come and be rotated. He'll want to be the lone striker up front, and he'll want to play 90m.

The problem with the Ba deal. Ba won't want to come and be rotated. He'll want to be the lone striker up front, and he'll want to play 90m.

But that goes for a lot of players who have made and will make changes. All players want to play every game fully. Only time will tell.

[h1]Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded[/h1]
A Zenit St Petersburg supporters' group has called for non-white and gay players to be excluded from the team.

The Russian champions' largest fans' group, Landscrona, said in an open-letter that black players are "forced down Zenit's throat".

They added that gay players are "unworthy of our great city".

Dietmar Beiersdorfer, Zenit director of sports, said players were selected "without any limitation regarding origin, religion or skin colour".

Zenit were the only top-flight Russian team without a black player until this summer.

They signed Brazilian striker Hulk and Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel for £64m.

French midfielder Yann M'Vila reportedly turned down a move to the club in August as a result of racist abuse.  

Zenit's Italian head coach, Luciano Spalletti described the supporters' call as "stupidity", saying "tolerance for me is most of all the ability to understand and accept differences".

He added: "I can personally assure you that I will do everything I can to help those who seek to explain to people what tolerance is, and the need to respect other cultures and traditions.

"I think that Zenit has proven through its work that the club understands what tolerance is, and what it means to have tolerant behaviour. The team has gathered players from different countries and ethnic groups who work together to achieve a common goal."

The fans' manifesto read: "The absence of black Zenit players is just an important tradition that underlines the team's identity and nothing more."

Black players in the Russian league have been the target of monkey chants and Anzhi Makhachkala's Christopher Samba had bananas thrown at him by fans. Zenit St Petersburg were fined by the Russian Football Union after one of their fans offered Roberto Carlos of Anzhi a banana before a match between the two sides in March 2011.

Zenit are currently third in the Russian Premier League behind leaders CSKA Moscow and Anzhi. They will play in this season's Europa League after finishing third in Champions League Group C.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

You mean his hairline and foot?

I stand corrected.. 3 entities.. All three of them must bounce outta North London
:rofl:

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19471132[/URL]"]
[h1]Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded[/h1]

A Zenit St Petersburg supporters' group has called for non-white and gay players to be excluded from the team.
The Russian champions' largest fans' group, Landscrona, said in an open-letter that black players are "forced down Zenit's throat".
They added that gay players are "unworthy of our great city".
Dietmar Beiersdorfer, Zenit director of sports, said players were selected "without any limitation regarding origin, religion or skin colour".
Zenit were the only top-flight Russian team without a black player until this summer.
They signed Brazilian striker Hulk and Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel for £64m.
French midfielder Yann M'Vila reportedly turned down a move to the club in August as a result of racist abuse. 
Zenit's Italian head coach, Luciano Spalletti described the supporters' call as "stupidity", saying "tolerance for me is most of all the ability to understand and accept differences".
He added: "I can personally assure you that I will do everything I can to help those who seek to explain to people what tolerance is, and the need to respect other cultures and traditions.
"I think that Zenit has proven through its work that the club understands what tolerance is, and what it means to have tolerant behaviour. The team has gathered players from different countries and ethnic groups who work together to achieve a common goal."
The fans' manifesto read: "The absence of black Zenit players is just an important tradition that underlines the team's identity and nothing more."
Black players in the Russian league have been the target of monkey chants and Anzhi Makhachkala's Christopher Samba had bananas thrown at him by fans. Zenit St Petersburg were fined by the Russian Football Union after one of their fans offered Roberto Carlos of Anzhi a banana before a match between the two sides in March 2011.
Zenit are currently third in the Russian Premier League behind leaders CSKA Moscow and Anzhi. They will play in this season's Europa League after finishing third in Champions League Group C.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678

:smh: :smh: :smh:
[/quote]
this was posted few pages back, but still :x :x :x :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
who holds the record for most expensive defender? wasn't it broken a few years back? I think Ramos would break it unless corrected

Plus are there any openly gay players out there?

who holds the record for most expensive defender? wasn't it broken a few years back? I think Ramos would break it unless corrected

Plus are there any openly gay players out there?

Within the PL, off the top of my head, Rio @ 30m should be at the top. Kolo Toure at 24m should be up there aswell.

*Edit*

Here is a list goal.com did...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...e-top-10-most-expensive-defenders-of-all-time

...but I dont know about the figures. Wasnt Thiagos figure for him and Ibra? Kolo Toure isnt on there but David Luiz is?

Last edited:
FC Porto have signed both Diego Reyes and Hector Herrera.. The first 2 of the young Mexican Olympic team that took home gold this summer to move over to Europe.. I expect Marco Fabian and Jorge "Chaton" Enriquez to follow here soon.. That gold medal performance really opened lots of eyes to the talent Mexico is developing these days..

PSG want Sergio Ramos for 50 million euros.
interesting,but where will he end up playing if they do get him?i know Ramos is adapt at both CB and RB positions...
i believe Ancelotti pairs Thiago Silva with either Alex or Sakho in central defence and they have Jallet and Van der Wiel competing for the RB position...

Back
Top Bottom