The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Unsettling to see how many scoreable-opportunities Sunderland had.
"Double Save" De Gea...a real shot-stopper
pimp.gif

as shaky as he can be sometimes with those aerial balls,i'd rather see him in goal than Lindegaard...

BANNED.
Yeah... credit to David Moyes for not dancing around it... was surprisingly honest about it.  Good for him.

But, I agree. I'd much rather see DDG there now.  Definitely made some good saves yesterday. But my point is, Sunderland were able to get the ball in front of the goal too often.  Had they had strikers in better positions, they would have easily scored 2 more goals. 

Chelsea are such frauds. Took a series of freak events for them to win Champions League. First they got demolished by Atletico Madrid in the Super Cup and now this.. :smh:

Yeah... credit to David Moyes for not dancing around it... was surprisingly honest about it.  Good for him.

But, I agree. I'd much rather see DDG there now.  Definitely made some good saves yesterday. But my point is, Sunderland were able to get the ball in front of the goal too often.  Had they had strikers in better positions, they would have easily scored 2 more goals. 
yup,i get what you're trying to say...United took their foot off the pedal a little bit but honestly i'm not that terribly concerned about it...
i mean,it did coincide with the introduction of Giggs and Scholes in central midfield,don't you think?
with Carrick and Cleverley i thought United controlled the first 45mins and early on in the 2nd half up to the point when they scored their third...

on a side note,Chelsea... :lol:
what a wasted trip... >D

Rafa can just be left in Japan, right? Torres, too? Fernando has the look, he can make it as a teen J-Pop idol...

...and I'm sure there's a tapas bar in Yokohama that can use Rafa's skills.

So does Mou quit before Madrid falls 20 points back?

Won't be able to watch Barca/Atletico until tonight. :frown:

Falcao draws first blood! 

Messi loses the ball, Falcao scores... what a great chip.

EDIT ~ WOW what a strike by Adriano! Damn. 1-1

Last edited:

Not surprising to see Fellaini do that. He had another elbow or 2 that were clearly intentional as well. Will probably only get 3 games, should get 12 like Barton did. He clearly committed 3 red card offenses that were not seen by the ref.

Fellaini got 3 games for the headbutt. Good news for Wesr Ham, Wigan, and Chelsea.

Wouldn't be able to play again until January...so maybe he was just trying to avoid injury before a sale. :nerd:

Demba Ba: ‘Arsenal are the kind of club who make you dream’
Posted in Arsenal News | Written by Chris Wheatley

Newcastle striker Demba Ba has issued a ‘come and get me’ plea to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger ahead of next month’s transfer window opening.

The Arsenal manager is fully aware that he can land the Senegal striker for £7.5million due to a buy-out clause in his Newcastle contract.

Wenger is desperate for a proven Premier League striker after selling Dutch superstar Robin van Persie to Manchester United in the summer, while forwards Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh also depart for the African Nations Cup next month.

“I have nothing to say about those speculations [with Arsenal]. Nothing has happened”, Ba told Canal+.

“The media know Arsenal need another striker and they know about my release clause. They need to make their own mind up about it.

“Arsenal are one of those teams who makes you dream”.

With Ba’s current deal expiring in 2014 and the next transfer window looming, the Magpies remain ‘hopeful’ of tying the 27-year-old frontman down to a new contract.

Ba struck 16 times for Newcastle last season helping them secure European football for the first time since the 2006/07 season.

It will be interesting to see how committed Ba is when Arsenal come knocking – and for a measly £7.5million it could be a coup for Wenger if he decides to pursue the Senegalese in January.

Read more: http://goonertalk.com/2012/12/16/de...these-teams-who-make-you-dream/#ixzz2FKjjor6Y

The largest fan group of Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg has demanded the club refrain from buying black and gay players.

"We're not racists but we see the absence of black players at Zenit as an important tradition," Zenit fan club Landscrona said in a letter, called the "Selection 12 manifesto", posted on its website on Monday.

"It would allow Zenit to maintain the national identity of the club, which is the symbol of St Petersburg."

Zenit have been the only top club in Russia to have never signed an African player while the northern city of St Petersburg is known to have a strong right-wing nationalist influence.

The fans said they want more home-grown or European players in the team. "We only want players from other brotherly Slav nations, such as Ukraine and Belarus as well as from the Baltic states and Scandinavia. We have the same mentality and historical and cultural background as these nations," the letter said.

They also expressed their opposition to having "sexual minorities" in the team. Several prominent black players have turned down lucrative offers from the wealthy club over the past 12 months after receiving death threats from Zenit fans. A Zenit spokesman said on Monday the club would not comment on the fans' letter.

Not a stoneface bit enough for these dudes. WC2018 will be fun... :rolleyes

The largest fan group of Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg has demanded the club refrain from buying black and gay players.

"We're not racists but we see the absence of black players at Zenit as an important tradition," Zenit fan club Landscrona said in a letter, called the "Selection 12 manifesto", posted on its website on Monday.

"It would allow Zenit to maintain the national identity of the club, which is the symbol of St Petersburg."

Zenit have been the only top club in Russia to have never signed an African player while the northern city of St Petersburg is known to have a strong right-wing nationalist influence.

The fans said they want more home-grown or European players in the team. "We only want players from other brotherly Slav nations, such as Ukraine and Belarus as well as from the Baltic states and Scandinavia. We have the same mentality and historical and cultural background as these nations," the letter said.

They also expressed their opposition to having "sexual minorities" in the team. Several prominent black players have turned down lucrative offers from the wealthy club over the past 12 months after receiving death threats from Zenit fans. A Zenit spokesman said on Monday the club would not comment on the fans' letter.

Not a stoneface bit enough for these dudes. WC2018 will be fun... :rolleyes

Mario Balotelli ‏@MarioBaloltelli
BREAKING: Chelsea captain John Terry has handed in a shock transfer request to Zenit Saint Petersburg.

Back
Top Bottom