The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Why is hooliganism more prominent in Europe or maybe the rest of the world

Most of the time hooligans are people that aren't well educated, and are part of the lower-middle class.

It just seems like you'll see some drunks fight at NFL games, but you don't see full fledged ruckus often.

I do question why they allow flares at these soccer games

I hope Celtic can get a win vs Barca at Celtic Park, we can win in Germany and actually show up this time vs Schalke, and lastly...Ajax put it to City. :smokin

Most of the time hooligans are people that aren't well educated, and are part of the lower-middle class.

It just seems like you'll see some drunks fight at NFL games, but you don't see full fledged ruckus often.

I've always wondered this too. Only thing I know of hooliganism is from Green Street Hooligans and the Football Factory. It just seems crazy, it really is like Football + Life in Europe.

My theory was just that we have more options in Sports; American Football, Basketball and Baseball, thus we might not see the same amount of "passion."

Raiders fans are passionate. But I don't think they'd have to create a Raiders supporters section at Candlestick park.

It just feels like security is a little loose at some European top division stadiums/parks.

Are tickets really cheap for opposing supporters? Because you know the type of people that are hooligans, they aren't the type that can afford expensive tickets

Raiders fans are passionate. But I don't think they'd have to create a Raiders supporters section at Candlestick park.
It just feels like security is a little loose at some European top division stadiums/parks.
Are tickets really cheap for opposing supporters? Because you know the type of people that are hooligans, they aren't the type that can afford expensive tickets

Yes, they range from like 20-120 euros.

I voted, who am I supposed to tag?
Separate from my post above, and the real reason I wanted to post in here was to ask where do you guys watch video recaps of the games? Both ESPN and SI's website suck.

@LBFutbol or our FB page.

Check out RojaDirecta you can download games there.

Recap check out 101greatgoals.com

if city lose torrow they are out
pimp.gif
if if if if if if 

2 goal win by city

They don't allow flares. People sneak them in.

Hooliganism is often tied in directly with either political anger, or social anger (VERY common in places like Poland). People look for a way to take out their frustrations. Here's an example...

I believe it was the Manchester United Liverpool hatred that stems from the fact that Liverpool was a large and productive port. Later, due to some regulations and growth, Manchester grew to be the large port, taking away a lot of the jobs in the Liverpool area. The only time when Liverpool guys met with Manchester guys, was during the football. Thus, hatred had been building up over time, and they would let loose on those days.

If you watch some of the hooligan shows with Danny Dyer, you can see a lot of the English hooligans came from poorer areas (Millwall), and they were just frustrated and angry with their living situations, and they looked for someone/somewhere to take it out on.

Hooligans run deeper than the football...I think the football is just the vehicle...

Man there are some great game today. sucks that i have class

I'm an Arsenal fan but Schalke looks like they may dominate with Arsenals poor form.

Man City needs to put on a solid performance if they want to stay alive.

Dortmund v Madrid should fun.

What channel is going to be streaming the Man City game?

The only live games I see are Arsenal v Schalke and Real Madrid v Dortmund.

smh...

I really want to watch Schalke vs Arsenal

But Dortmund and Madrid looks top.

Citeh lol they're going to need to pull something special out of their hat...

Silva still injured as well?

dortmund madrid is what i wanna watch as well but its on FSP i dont have that so im gonna watch schalke arsenal i hope

Back
Top Bottom