The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

My only concern for Brazil 2014 is getting tickets :smh: I can find the money for a hotel and everything else. I just want to be lucky enough to get some tickets.

^The next one is in Russia, doubt it will be any safer but that may be the one for me.

Brazil shouldn't be too bad, Our dollar is ok, not amazing but ok. The expensive part really should be the flight in, out, and tickets. I say maybe 2.5-3k you should be good.

From what I've seen from the Russian international students at my school .. Maybe that won't be too bad. :lol:

But Brazil .....................

Well, if I went I wouldn't know who to support, honestly. I mean, USA, ok, but the country I want is never in it :lol:

Last edited:
Well, the most important thing... Brazilian girls vs. Russian/East Europe girls...

Cant lose :D Time to start planning on making both trips.

Last edited:
I'm still catching up on this weekend's action, anybody who watched or has seen in depth highlights of these matches which were the most entertaining to you or which would you recommend?

- Bayern Munich/Hoffenheim
-Spurs/Aston Villa
-Marseille/PSG
-Man City/Sunderland
-Milan/Inter
-Siena/Juve

I haven't seen any scores or highlights yet but I also wont be able to get around to all of them.

How much do you think it'll cost to go to Brazil 2014 :nerd:

I've got 2K put aside right now and planning on saving up another 2k or so from now until 2014. I've set my limit at 5k.

I wouldn't worry about security. I've read they're spending upwards of a half billion dollars on security. The South African government spent a similar amount and violent crime was almost nonexistent.

Places spectators are going to be spending all their time at are likely going to be safer than your home town.

^I'm figuring that its going to be at least 5k for me to do Brasil right/safe. Flight prices are going to be super high and I dont even what to think about what hotels will be charging per night at the start of the tourney with EVERYBODY down there. I'd rather play if safe and have more than enough...I mean the World Cup is in Brasil once in a lifetime so what's an extra couple thousand to pay back if you spread it out over the course of your life?

Oh and I could watch these all day...I hate international breaks. 2 week until we play again. :frown:

ibg9T0jrvbW1cY.gif

p96s6rvo.gif

667905431.gif

Santi....what a player....

Man I hate international breaks with a bunch of weak match-ups. 2 weeks until we play again. :frown:

Last edited:
That's also true, the WC in Brazil does only come up once in a life time
I'd go if I had enough money for it
I'd probably just save up my money to watch one game of Mexico and to watch the final

What teams do you think will reach the final in 2014?

Disagree that all Spain games are boring. Agree that France will show better this time, even if they go and lose 4-0 or something.

damn..didnt know Owen Coyle got fired..smh.

him and David Moyes are my 2 fav. european coaches..excluding Pep and Tito.

What Spain game isn't boring?
I expect Deschamps to put out a better team than Blanc had at the Euros.

:smh:

one day, people will look back at Spain's style of play in awe of what they achieved, and how beautiful their style really was/is.

I guess we all watch footie differently, but I can't say I can remember a boring Spain match in the past few years.

^ It honestly hasn't been the same stylistically from winning the previous Euro to now, though. The creative freedom that was rampant in the tiki taka of a few years ago has really lessened, and though I can't blame them, it's obvious that they have become more pragmatic in able to get results. The way that Barca played the false 9, was because he has a fluid, interchangeable attack, but Del Bosque withdrew the striker and added another holding player, and what you see is tons of possession with minimal penetration.

And I also believe that the "boring" thing isn't necessarily an indictment fully on the Spanish side but also on the way that their opponents tactically approach the matches, and often times sit back and try to hit on the counter rather than take the game to them and challenge higher up the pitch.

I would personally never call any team with Iniesta on the pitch boring, but I do understand where the criticism stems from.

Xavi. I honestly thought Xavi was robbed from the ballon d'ore in 2010. He'd should of win that year
Honestly he's the best player that no one ever talks about. If messi would have someone like him in Argentina then things will probably be different and messi might start shutting up critics.

The false 9 scheme to me is pretty lame for Spain but not for barca. Barca has had tremendous success with giving time to coaches and having the same school of football being taught year after year. It's the Cruyff school just that Pep perfected it and Tito is expanding it. But we can all agree to the fact that Barca needs a central defender. Puyols injuries have been continuous and adriano hasn't been great in the back

This Barca team will go down in history as one of the best, Spain as well. Arjen Robben will be the famous runner up in champions league, WC 2010, and bundesliga in 2011 and 2012

What Spain game isn't boring?
I expect Deschamps to put out a better team than Blanc had at the Euros.

:smh:

one day, people will look back at Spain's style of play in awe of what they achieved, and how beautiful their style really was/is.

I guess we all watch footie differently, but I can't say I can remember a boring Spain match in the past few years.

Fully agree. Dont see how anyone can think Iniesta + Xavi can be boring

Xavi. I honestly thought Xavi was robbed from the ballon d'ore in 2010. He'd should of win that year
Honestly he's the best player that no one ever talks about. If messi would have someone like him in Argentina then things will probably be different and messi might start shutting up critics.
The false 9 scheme to me is pretty lame for Spain but not for barca. Barca has had tremendous success with giving time to coaches and having the same school of football being taught year after year. It's the Cruyff school just that Pep perfected it and Tito is expanding it. But we can all agree to the fact that Barca needs a central defender. Puyols injuries have been continuous and adriano hasn't been great in the back
This Barca team will go down in history as one of the best, Spain as well. Arjen Robben will be the famous runner up in champions league, WC 2010, and bundesliga in 2011 and 2012

I think Spain had to use the false 9 system HEAVILY recently cause they simply didn't have a choice. What were they going to do? Throw in Fernando and hope he'd be deadly? Not a chance. Fabregado was looking far more realistic in front of goal than El Nino. Had David Villa been fully fit, I don't think they would have used that false 9 system too heavily, and we would have seen the Spain of WC2010 with a clear striker.

I think Spain had to use the false 9 system HEAVILY recently cause they simply didn't have a choice. What were they going to do? Throw in Fernando and hope he'd be deadly? Not a chance. Fabregado was looking far more realistic in front of goal than El Nino. Had David Villa been fully fit, I don't think they would have used that false 9 system too heavily, and we would have seen the Spain of WC2010 with a clear striker.

But Llorente was in great form going into the summer and he never even got a sniff. I honestly don't believe that it was as much out of necessity as it was out of preference.

And what world do you live in where no one talks about Xavi? I don't know any list where people talk about the best midfielders in the world and Xavi is excluded. Many people make the argument for Crissy over Messi because they say that Messi has Xavi/Iniesta. Maybe to a novice, but anyone who watches football knows that Xavi is the metronome. And yes, I do believe he should have won the 2010 Ballon d'Or. I was really shocked when he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom