The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

It would be a task to make a top 10 list for Zlatan :lol:

You guys remember his goal from the recent Euro cup :x

Anyone else hear the rumor of Chicharito going to Porto and James Rodríguez coming to Man U?

Don't believe it because its not even close to the winter transfer window, but James Rodríguez is young so i can see why SAF wants him now.

I heard Falcao is going to Manchester United and Chicharito to Real Madrid

Anyways, my Atleti is :pimp: in la liga and Europa league

I heard Falcao is going to Manchester United and Chicharito to Real Madrid

Anyways, my Atleti is :pimp: in la liga and Europa league

LOL I hate soccer rumors. With a passion.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...adrid-gm-puts-price-on-radamel-falcao?cc=5901

Despite reports that Atletico Madrid is trying to hold on to Radamel Falcao, GM Miguel Angel Gil Marin put a price on him Tuesday, saying that if Atletico doesn't get into the Champions League, the team can't afford Falcao.

Falcao
PA PhotosRadamel Falcao continues to be at the center of transfer rumors.

"Falcao's €60 million ($50.7 million) would solve a lot of our economic problems," Gil Marin said on Spanish radio station COPE, while insisting that Falcao will finish the season with his team. "With security (he will). Him and all the players the coach wants will stay."

"If Atletico doesn't get into Champions and can't pay what Falcao is asking, I don't think that Madrid can cover it."

Meanwhile, Falcao said he doesn't think Atletico has a chance to win La Liga, despite the fact that they are even with Barcelona at the top of the standings after Sunday's 2-1 win over Malaga. Falcao said he is shooting for Champions.

"No, Champions is our goal," Falcao told El Tiempo newspaper in Colombia this week as he prepares for his home country's World Cup qualifier vs. Paraguay. "We have the capacity to do it. Now in the league we are battling teams with greater budgets that are very superior to the rest of La Liga and who have the best players in the world. You have to be very consistent all year to fight against them. We worry about beating the rival we have each Sunday and then we are closer to the end of the season."

Atletico's financial struggles reflect those of Spain in general, and the club owes an estimated $441 million to the Spanish tax authorities and prize money withheld by UEFA because of a failure to make repayments. Falcao has been linked to Real Madrid and Chelsea in transfer rumors for the upcoming window.

Falcao signed for Atletico for €40 million ($50.7 million) from Porto in the summer of 2011. Atletico chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin suggested earlier this summer that he would be sold at some point given the club's precarious financial situation.

You never know tho. I won't stop dreaming :lol:
Anything can happen in football, Atleti has had recent success in Europa league. I think it's time for them to try to reach champions league
I wonder what Torres is thinking about Atleti right now :lol:

"El Cholo" Simeone is doing a pretty good job. Hopefully he crowns them as la liga champions just as he did as a player in 96
Those were the days for Atleti, those days look like they're coming back :smokin

Anything can happen in football, Atleti has had recent success in Europa league. I think it's time for them to try to reach champions league
Stop dreaming. Join the rest of us in reality. They aren't winning the league. They should be strong enough to qualify for the CL, though, but it's really going to be a struggle.

As for Fernando's thoughts, um, he just got a Champions League winners medal and his team is 4 points clear in the Prem, and no matter what for he's in, he is always first choice, so I think he's good.

Thought this was interesting...
Arsenal are already looking at a replacement for Walcott
Posted on October 09, 2012 by Bob
Behind the scenes at Arsenal must be a place where a less than firm handshake could spell disaster. If Theo Walcott thought that he was involved in the sort of bargaining where you name a price double what you want and walk away offended when you know all along that you will accept much less. then he is in for a shock.

After Peter Hill-Wood went public today stating that Arsenal have a wage structure and will not alter it for anybody, reports claiming that Arsenal are sizing up possible replacements for the winger/striker. Crystal Palace youngster Wilfried Zaha is being tracked by Arsenal, and other Premier league teams, and could be seen as a direct replacement for Walcott.

Pat Rice is no longer assistant manager at Arsenal but he still has a role at the club, and he was present at Selhurst Park on Saturday and cannot fail to have been impressed by the 19-year old winger who scored twice against Burnley.

Zaha is the kind of raw talent that Walcott was when he became a Gunner and would be just the sort of player that Wenger could build and improve. This story may be part of Arsenal’s plan to put pressure on Theo to accept his new contract offer, but I would not like to call Arsenal’s bluff.

The Arsenal chairman has said that they want to keep Walcott, but not at all costs. Nothing has yet been decided one way or the other, but the clock is ticking.

“For the moment his people are still talking to us and we hope it will be resolved, but don’t ask me when because I haven’t a clue.”

Read more at http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-are-...erfeed&utm_medium=twitter#CoZyFf05hdTRc0OB.99

I knew nothing of Zaha, so did some looking. Looks like a promising player with a lot of potential. I think Arsenal has enough wingers. Only problem would be with Gervinho going to the ACON in Jan and if Theo was sold in that window.

Last edited:
Stop dreaming. Join the rest of us in reality. They aren't winning the league. They should be strong enough to qualify for the CL, though, but it's really going to be a struggle.
As for Fernando's thoughts, um, he just got a Champions League winners medal and his team is 4 points clear in the Prem, and no matter what for he's in, he is always first choice, so I think he's good.

He also just won the Euro.

No matter what people say, I would feel pretty damn good with the titles and money

Damn dude, relax a bit :lol:

Damn dude, relax a bit :lol:

That's what I'm saying :lol:
I was just talking about Torres to see if he's happy for his home team who made him and watched him grow

Still, everyone might of thought the same about City and they came back up to win it
Shoot I believe in miracles and ill keep believing that Atleti has a chance to win it :pimp:

I will never relax. Ever.

In other news, did we discuss this in here?

Nasty!

Didnt know Jackson played for Porto..thought he was still in mexico
Nope jaguares sold him for 10million €
But he really gets injured a lot. Spent 3 years in Mexico but lasted a total of 1 yr injured :lol:
Something like that lol but point is he gets injured a lot

^The next one is in Russia, doubt it will be any safer but that may be the one for me.

Brazil shouldn't be too bad, Our dollar is ok, not amazing but ok. The expensive part really should be the flight in, out, and tickets. I say maybe 2.5-3k you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom