The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

ACON cant come soon enough, Gervinho is the worst finisher Ive ever seen and his first touch would make Bendtner proud...awful player.

Rest of the team played really well but although it was away to City given the way we played in the first half its 2 point dropped and a marquee win in our title credentials lost due to poor finishing.

ACON cant come soon enough, Gervinho is the worst finisher Ive ever seen and his first touch would make Bendtner proud...awful player.

Rest of the team played really well but although it was away to City given the way we played in the first half its 2 point dropped and a marquee win in our title credentials lost due to poor finishing.

:lol: hopefully we can leave Gervinho and his rick james/rihanna 5head haircut back in Abidjan when he goes for ACN :x

I'm actually encouraged by the result, we went toe to toe with City at Etihad, our defense again was strong overall (the header not withstanding) and if we can convert at least half the chances we come out of that game with a W. If we continue this solid run with great defense and the offense picks it up a notch Arsenal will be in great shape :smokin

And I thought Theo Walcott's finishing was poor for AFC. Drogba is shaking his head in disgust for his fellow Ivorian. Gervinho blasted that attempt a Vanessa Carlton over the net.

I dont get where people hear this myth that Theo is a poor finisher. Theo cant beat his man if he isnt given space to run in behind to and his decision making is questionable at times but one if his strengths is his finishing. Theo would have buried the chance that Gervinho skied over at the end, but to be fair Theo wouldn't have got in that position in the first place.

If you could combine the two (Theo and Gervinho) you have a complete, world class, winger.

Last edited:
Gervinho
sick.gif
mean.gif
Most frustrating player to watch. He does too much and ends up confusing himself and his teammates.

A point at City is a fantastic result though. What a start to the season Jenkinson has had, looks a totally different player after last year's experience. Ramsey was very good too despite playing in an unfamiliar position. Still
mean.gif
at Gervinho, unbelievable.

I dont get where people hear this myth that Theo is a poor finisher. Theo cant beat his man if he isnt given space to run in behind to and his decision making is questionable at times but one if his strengths is his finishing. Theo would have buried the chance that Gervinho skied over at the end, but to be fair Theo wouldn't have got in that position in the first place.
If you could combine the two (Theo and Gervinho) you have a complete, world class, winger.
I don't believe it to be a myth. I've seen Theo's finishing ability. Can't say I consistently consider him an elite finisher at the RW position. If you believe otherwise, please make a detailed case.

I don't understand what's taking Giroud so long to get in form. You've been a soccer player all your life, put the ball in the net. Figure it out.

I don't understand what's taking Giroud so long to get in form. You've been a soccer player all your life, put the ball in the net. Figure it out.
Could be transitioning through leagues. Also mental confidence. You know the saying. "Bag one goal, many more will come." Fernando Torres is a somewhat comparable example.

Never understood why every time United wins, it's the ref. No one was complaining when Drogba scored that completely offside goal 3 seasons ago that ultimately led to Chelsea winning the title :rolleyes It's like injustice is perfectly acceptable as long as its agains United.

Never understood why every time United wins, it's the ref. No one was complaining when Drogba scored that completely offside goal 3 seasons ago that ultimately led to Chelsea winning the title :rolleyes It's like injustice is perfectly acceptable as long as its agains United.

:rofl:

Somebody intentionally cut the wires to the lights so Madrid's game at Rayo is delayed, possibly canceled. :lol:

Can't wait for Mou to explain this as part of the ongoing conspiracy...

Has anyone else heard the news? John Terry has retired from international football
Is this a joke?

^ Nope, it's official. And coincidentally, the announcement came just hours before his FA hearing. 

Damaged lights!? 
eek.gif

Last edited:

Breh, I wouldn't use today's game as evidence of United not getting preferential calls :lol:

For the PS3 players interested in making a team for FIFA 13, hit me up(PM or get at me on twitter) so for it's 3 of us including me

What exactly is this team? All of us with virtual pros? Not sure how that works but I'm in :nerd: I'll PM later.

I know it's early in the season, but by now, I thought Adebayor would be BEASTING over there...
Plus Dembele, Dempsey in addition
You would have to figure Spurs still miss out on a top-4 EPL spot behind City, United, Chelsea, and probably Arsenal. How did Dembele look today against QPR, I honestly missed most of that match.

Giroud is having trouble translating his goal-scoring record from Ligue 1.

I don't believe it to be a myth. I've seen Theo's finishing ability. Can't say I consistently consider him an elite finisher at the RW position. If you believe otherwise, please make a detailed case.

Sorry if the last part of my initial reply was confusing. I didnt mean that they were each WC in their strengths. Gervinho can get himself in good positions but cant finish and Theo cant get himself into good positions unless he's played in behind and has space to run but if he does he'll put them away.

I know it isnt a Messi-esque mix of breathtaking strikes but I cant think of an Arsenal fan who thinks that Theo is wasteful with chances when he should score (wasteful in possession is a different story).

He's a striker played out on the wing. He'd be much better in a 442 playing off the last defender alongside a target man striker.

Put the ball at Theo's feet in the positions that Gervinho found himself he'd have at least 2 goals.

Rephrased now, I can respect that clarified viewpoint. I have nothing against Walcott, although I do feel he often relies on his pace too often making him one-dimensional against opposing full-backs.

Back
Top Bottom