The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Kompany is a great player, but sometimes he makes mistakes that are impossible to believe knowing how good he is the other 99% of the time. I still remember when Rooney scored that bicycle kick goal and he fell/slipped when he could've probably easily headed away that cross. Plus another game against United when he messed up as the last man, an easy ball that was still taken away from him by Nani who scored. This guy is so frustrating sometimes.

Last edited:
Mad as **** I missed these games, especially the City Real match....class was dry as hell too smh @ myself :lol:

The Madrid/City match was the most exciting game I've watched in a really long time. Madrid deserved the win. They beat that *** for 90 minutes save for two brilliant plays that led to goal.

Both sides came alive in the second-half.

Sergio Ramos was dropped from the starting XI right before kickoff after yet another spat with boss Jose Mou. Unfortunate sub-plot to keep an eye on. One or the other has to go in the near future (window).

Cristiano Ronaldo with a superb dipping finish to beat Hart. I'll be honest, I was concerned trailing at multiple times after our recent domestic form in the league. City still gets two valuable away goals but probably remains disappointed without securing all three points in the group.

Marcelo has been the best attacking LB in the world for the past 16-18 months. Clean up the defense a bit more, and he's King at LB taking over for Cole and Evra.

Both sides came alive in the second-half.
Sergio Ramos was dropped from the starting XI right before kickoff after yet another spat with boss Jose Mou. Unfortunate sub-plot to keep an eye on. One or the other has to go in the near future (window).
Cristiano Ronaldo with a superb dipping finish to beat Hart. I'll be honest, I was concerned trailing at multiple times after our recent domestic form in the league. City still gets two valuable away goals but probably remains disappointed without securing all three points in the group.
Marcelo has been the best attacking LB in the world for the past 16-18 months. Clean up the defense a bit more, and he's King at LB taking over for Cole and Evra.

Fixed that for you.

Sorry if I missed it, but why was Varane playing instead of Sergio Ramos?

I hope Chelsea vs Juventus is equally as entertaining as this game was.

Fixed that for you.
:lol: Buttner vying for the starting LB job. How fast the mighty have fallen.

Sorry if I missed it, but why was Varane playing instead of Sergio Ramos?
I hope Chelsea vs Juventus is equally as entertaining as this game was.
Ramos was a late withdrawal from the starting XI. Another argument with Mou pre-kickoff. The thing is, he's by far our best and most versatile defender.

Good win for Arsenal. We fell off the second half and the subs were made really late. Don't think that would have happened if Wenger was on the bench
I thought Kos would be used since he is familiar with the style of play. But TV and Per's partnership was been on point.
City fans must be sick to their stomachs. Hopefully CR7 won't be sad after this :lol: but this is a big win, a nice boost for them.

On paper the Dortmund - Ajax game sounds good. For the most part it looks like the held their own. minus the 1 goal.
Wasn't expecting much from Milan. I thought Anderlecht might get a goal. Glad there's at least one American playing in the CL and he almost got a shot in too :pimp:
Porto worked it while Zenit got worked, I wonder how Hulk feels >D

I was gonna add Isco to my fantasy team but I picked another Spaniard over him

Last edited:
Sloppy win, but I'll take it. The team (espically the midfield) looked spent in the second half. I'm kind of upset with Wenger for not subbing off Santi and Arteta in the second half of the Southampton game... we were 3 goals up at home and seeing how the pair are the first names on the team sheet they need to get rest whenever they can. Credit to Jenkinson for stepping up lately (*touch wood* dont have a howler on Sunday) Oh and Walcott must be soo pissed seeing Gervinho keep getting the chance up front. :lol: :smh:

That City v Madrid game was something. I was half watching it at the pub...I cant wait to get to re watch it later.

b5CMYo.gif

:lol:

AC Milan 0 Anderlecht 0 - Champions League Group C result. At the San Siro Attendance; 27,593

:x :smh:

297718_521832587833008_807691830_n.jpg

:lol: :lol: Soo small, but soo awesome. :smokin

Can't believe we couldn't hold on to the damn lead, twice. Our defense was straight awful. Don't even want to mention our 1st half performance, or a lack thereof. Frustrating game.

Hoping to see Chelski get whooped by Juve tomorrow.

I hope Celtic can beat Benfica tomorrow, but it'll be a big test.

Only 2 good games on, the rest are straight garbage. :smh:

Last edited:
Anyone else think AC Milan is in trouble in Italy as well as Europe? Financial turmoil a major factor. Serie A is Juve's to lose for the next campaign or two while Inter is in somewhat of a "rebuilding phase."

Barca, United, Juve/Chelsea draw, Shakhtar, Lille, Benfica/Celtic draw, Bayern, Braga.

just watched the city / real madrid game.. what a crazy ending... champions league football is officially back :pimp:

oh yea... can't wait for Chelsea tomorrow.. going to be a very tough test with Juve.. i really don't know what to expect..

Back
Top Bottom