The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

David Luiz 
indifferent.gif

Jose Bosingwa 
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

John Terry 
indifferent.gif

This team is deteriorating really quick. This season looks like a lost cause 
frown.gif

But if any of you saw Alex Song's move to set up RVP 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

644620afjw1dnekofy21cg.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Song has been immense for us. Sooo underrated yet so important.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

I don't know about all 3, but we are certainly looking like Europa League quality right now. I don't mind AVB that much, but he better get his resume ready tonight, because Guus Hiddink is out of a job. At the same time, Abramovich and his coaches don't really want to give the team youth. Honestly, if we show up with Drogba, Anelka, Lampard, Terry, and Malouda next season, we might as well just hand over the trophies to both of Manchester's teams. It's time to break up the foundation of Mourinho's teams, as he is the only one who knew how to win with them (see Inter Milan right now), and build something new, even if it takes time to gel. That would signify a true intent of winning, not just giving the coaching carousel another go.

I would agree...your team is waaaay to old.  I think 5 players 30+.  And buying Torres for that price last season was a complete waste of money.  Could have bought a more youthful striker for half that price, someone who is hungry to make a name....
Nonetheless...United need to pick up the pace in CL..

We're doing our usual tactics in the league right now....slowly winning games 1-0, where there are no highlights and no one gets excited, then suddenly around Jan everyone is shocked how we're either top of the table, or a few points short. 

But in the CL, we need serious changes.

Jan....WE NEED Sneijder or someone of that quality in the midfield.  We can't have such central issues relying on our wings only...

Originally Posted by trunks206

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Well damn! That whole play
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  Missed the game (and replay minus the final 10 minutes), gonna try to catch another replay some later time. RVP still on his tear
pimp.gif

I'm literally counting down the days to December 11th.

Barca and Madrid just toying with people in the Champions League. I know Barca played a much better team and a much closer game, but the offensive displays put on by both teams were just unbelievable.

This sounds corny but I'm just geeked to be a soccer fan right now.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Well damn! That whole play
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  Missed the game (and replay minus the final 10 minutes), gonna try to catch another replay some later time. RVP still on his tear
pimp.gif

I can look at that all day
pimp.gif

Lets not forget about Ramsey who helped with the play too, he has certainly been getting better

Barca/Milan was wonderfully entertaining.
eek.gif
@ Prince.

I don't know what to make of Chelsea anymore. (Actually, I think everybody knows what the problems are, but how/who fixes them?)

Good show by Arsenal. RVP is lights out right now. Amazing work by Song. Sad that Dortmund are likely out now, love watching them play.

Just saw the Valencia highlights. Wow...
laugh.gif

Could Chelsea, City and United all end up in the Europa League?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

don't get too excited...United will get the job done at Switzerland and finish the group as runner-up...

but if they $%*% up then i'm rooting for APOEL:

laugh.gif

I don't know about all 3, but we are certainly looking like Europa League quality right now. I don't mind AVB that much, but he better get his resume ready tonight, because Guus Hiddink is out of a job. At the same time, Abramovich and his coaches don't really want to give the team youth. Honestly, if we show up with Drogba, Anelka, Lampard, Terry, and Malouda next season, we might as well just hand over the trophies to both of Manchester's teams. It's time to break up the foundation of Mourinho's teams, as he is the only one who knew how to win with them (see Inter Milan right now), and build something new, even if it takes time to gel. That would signify a true intent of winning, not just giving the coaching carousel another go.

Dude welcome to AC Milan! Seedorf and Zambrotta with a combined age of 69
pimp.gif

We fielded 6 players who were 30+ against Barca who just fielded 2.

Berlusconi only cares about prostitutes

I hope madrid beat barcelona after all this diving its changed my outlook.

Still I hope sometime in the next few years to watch a Clasico live - i'll still be wearing blaugrana colors lol

Tevez in talks with Milan ?

According to various italian sources, Tevez' agent Kia Joorabchian spoke with Galliani.

Originally Posted by I3

I hope madrid beat barcelona after all this diving its changed my outlook.

Still I hope sometime in the next few years to watch a Clasico live - i'll still be wearing blaugrana colors lol

They do dive a lot but that was a foul on Xavi in the box. 

Do not want Tevez in Milan, but is a decent replacement over Cassano. We need to address the midfield. Stupid Berlusconi and his "bunga bunga" haha

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

chances david beckham turns down nearly 20m?
This dude Beckham has the life. 
pimp.gif

Legend in Manchester, then moves to Madrid, then moves to LA, then Paris, and gets paid boatloads at every stop. 

Originally Posted by I3

Dude welcome to AC Milan! Seedorf and Zambrotta with a combined age of 69
pimp.gif

We fielded 6 players who were 30+ against Barca who just fielded 2.

Berlusconi only cares about prostitutes
     At least Berlusconi gets a fair share of young or lethal players and lets his managers use them. Yeah, you have a lot of old guys, but they play with brahimovic, Pato, Boateng, Thiago Silva, etc., there is a decent mix of good young players and good old players. At Chelsea, our young guys beg for minutes (it's a miracle we are playing Sturridge), while some of our other young players like David Luiz and Ramires aren't as disciplined or complete as say Boateng or Thiago Silva. We over rely on the older guys, and the only one who truly deserves his spot and shows up is Drogba. Terry's back problems have done him in early, Anelka doesn't care, Malouda is inconsistent, and at this point Lampard is a read player. Is this what anyone would want as their team's core? I love all those old guys, and thank them for the trophies they contributed to, but at the end of the day, if they impede the teams current growth, then they are done.
     To at least comment on Torres, he is expected to create his own plays, when he is truly a finisher, until all he gets is service to him, he won't score many goals. I think we should build the team around Mata.

Newcastle got gifted a penalty @ OT and now just trying to survive for a point. Several great saves and one miracle goalline clearance just now.

United dropping points
pimp.gif

We played much better today, obviously Wolves aren't as good as the past few teams we've played, but at least a younger midfield certainly helped us out.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

but i can't knock newcastle's excellent defending and keeping, united are just in poor form but damn that needs to change, and fast

Back
Top Bottom