The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

The best thing that Liverpool could possibly do is at least cash out on Torres, maybe Gerrard too and reinvest that money into 4 or 5 players. Its sad to see what they've fallen to. This isn't all that different than the Newcastle debacle, and no one thought they would be relegated, but at the end of the day the team just wasn't good enough, and neither is this Liverpool team. I'm embarrassed that we dropped points to them...

I really have sympathy for the owners, they did screw up by leveraging the debt, but they always gave Rafa plenty to spend.  He swung and whiffed on most of his purchases, aside from Torres.  He'll run Inter into the ground within a few years.

The best thing that Liverpool could possibly do is at least cash out on Torres, maybe Gerrard too and reinvest that money into 4 or 5 players. Its sad to see what they've fallen to. This isn't all that different than the Newcastle debacle, and no one thought they would be relegated, but at the end of the day the team just wasn't good enough, and neither is this Liverpool team. I'm embarrassed that we dropped points to them...

I really have sympathy for the owners, they did screw up by leveraging the debt, but they always gave Rafa plenty to spend.  He swung and whiffed on most of his purchases, aside from Torres.  He'll run Inter into the ground within a few years.

Argh... beginning of the end, indeed.  What the hell are they doing over there
30t6p3b.gif

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_6450963,00.html

Rooney Gossip

It's very rare that every national newspaper agrees on something, but the Wapping consensus this Monday morning is this: Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

It even makes the front page of The Times, not a paper usually given to besoiling their hallowed news pages with a mere football transfer story.

It should be stressed that the only concrete quotes at this stage on the matter are a fairly staunch denial from United, but with the press agreeing on something so emphatically, one wonders.

According to the papers, Rooney wants out because he 'now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life' (The Guardian), and that player and manager 'have not had a civil conversation for weeks' (The Times).

Rooney has apparently told the club he will not sign a new contract, with his current deal running out in 2012, leading most papers to speculate that he will be sold in January in order to maximise his transfer value.

So where will he go? The most devilish suggestion is Manchester City, a suggestion made by The Daily Mail, The Times, The Guardian, The Sun...hell, everywhere really.

The Daily Mirror suggests Rooney could earn a quite staggering £300,000 a week if he defected to City, but would United really sell to them?

The Mirror also suggests that Chelsea would be interested, while Real Madrid are mentioned widely, with The Sun claiming Jose Mourinho will put together a cash-plus-player - the player being Karim Benzema - bid worth around £50million. The Daily Telegraph reports that Rooney and his wife 'are now open to the possibility of a move away from England, opening the door to a transfer to Real Madrid or Barcelona'.

Argh... beginning of the end, indeed.  What the hell are they doing over there
30t6p3b.gif

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_6450963,00.html

Rooney Gossip

It's very rare that every national newspaper agrees on something, but the Wapping consensus this Monday morning is this: Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

It even makes the front page of The Times, not a paper usually given to besoiling their hallowed news pages with a mere football transfer story.

It should be stressed that the only concrete quotes at this stage on the matter are a fairly staunch denial from United, but with the press agreeing on something so emphatically, one wonders.

According to the papers, Rooney wants out because he 'now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life' (The Guardian), and that player and manager 'have not had a civil conversation for weeks' (The Times).

Rooney has apparently told the club he will not sign a new contract, with his current deal running out in 2012, leading most papers to speculate that he will be sold in January in order to maximise his transfer value.

So where will he go? The most devilish suggestion is Manchester City, a suggestion made by The Daily Mail, The Times, The Guardian, The Sun...hell, everywhere really.

The Daily Mirror suggests Rooney could earn a quite staggering £300,000 a week if he defected to City, but would United really sell to them?

The Mirror also suggests that Chelsea would be interested, while Real Madrid are mentioned widely, with The Sun claiming Jose Mourinho will put together a cash-plus-player - the player being Karim Benzema - bid worth around £50million. The Daily Telegraph reports that Rooney and his wife 'are now open to the possibility of a move away from England, opening the door to a transfer to Real Madrid or Barcelona'.

Ferguson has made it clear over the years that no player is bigger than the club. He's let go of players like Stam, Beckham, Keane, van Nistelroy, etc so it's nothing new for SAF to play hardball with his players, regardless of how good they are. There's still 1.5 years left on Rooney's deal which is an eternity in this sport so maybe they can resolve their differences in the coming weeks/months/years.

From what I've read, Man Utd's debt problems have resulted in a smaller transfer kitty for the club over the last couple of years. They sold Ronaldo for 80 million and have since only spent a fraction of that money. I dont think Man Utd fans should automatically assume that Rooney will be replaced by another high-priced striker if he is indeed sold. For all we know, it could be Hernandez and Berbatov leading Man Utd's attack if Rooney is indeed sold.

I've always thought the guy was vastly over-rated due to his English background. He had an amazing season last year but overall he's put a bunch of average seasons together for a 'world-class' player. To be fair to him, he's often played in different positions and he is only 24 so I'm sure he'll get better in the coming years.

BTW, I saw this on another forum and I think its ridiculously funny. "Van Persie's injury curse is spreading"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ferguson has made it clear over the years that no player is bigger than the club. He's let go of players like Stam, Beckham, Keane, van Nistelroy, etc so it's nothing new for SAF to play hardball with his players, regardless of how good they are. There's still 1.5 years left on Rooney's deal which is an eternity in this sport so maybe they can resolve their differences in the coming weeks/months/years.

From what I've read, Man Utd's debt problems have resulted in a smaller transfer kitty for the club over the last couple of years. They sold Ronaldo for 80 million and have since only spent a fraction of that money. I dont think Man Utd fans should automatically assume that Rooney will be replaced by another high-priced striker if he is indeed sold. For all we know, it could be Hernandez and Berbatov leading Man Utd's attack if Rooney is indeed sold.

I've always thought the guy was vastly over-rated due to his English background. He had an amazing season last year but overall he's put a bunch of average seasons together for a 'world-class' player. To be fair to him, he's often played in different positions and he is only 24 so I'm sure he'll get better in the coming years.

BTW, I saw this on another forum and I think its ridiculously funny. "Van Persie's injury curse is spreading"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man, this Ronaldinho vid is all over the youtube charts:

Is it me or does Serie A have more hype than Premier League and La Liga this year?

And as for Rooney.. Man, what a difference a year makes.

Is it me or does Serie A have more hype than Premier League and La Liga this year?

^^^^

That was just so unncesessary. He beat his man but then goes back and beats him again when he could've just dribbled forward or passed it off
laugh.gif

Reminds me of when you're playing soccer with ball hogs who try and dribble past the same guy 3 times before losing the ball and claiming they got fouled
laugh.gif

^^^^

That was just so unncesessary. He beat his man but then goes back and beats him again when he could've just dribbled forward or passed it off
laugh.gif

Reminds me of when you're playing soccer with ball hogs who try and dribble past the same guy 3 times before losing the ball and claiming they got fouled
laugh.gif

Man Torres has fallen off completely. Liverpool should sell him while other clubs think he is still worth anything. If Rooney continues like this he should be sold too

Man Torres has fallen off completely. Liverpool should sell him while other clubs think he is still worth anything. If Rooney continues like this he should be sold too

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lets hope he keeps it up against RM tomorrow

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lets hope he keeps it up against RM tomorrow

I definitely can't see Rooney staying now 
laugh.gif

It will be interesting to see if Man Utd can recover from this. Who can they afford to replace him? 

I definitely can't see Rooney staying now 
laugh.gif

It will be interesting to see if Man Utd can recover from this. Who can they afford to replace him? 

Back
Top Bottom