The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Adebayor was extremely reckless with challenges yesterday, but "bum" is not a fitting label. You can't deny he's a premier aerial threat on set pieces not to mention his niche for finding the back of the net.
Chelsea will certainly end up with Neymar and Lukaku IMO, not to mention Van der Wiel and Aly Cissokho.

I truly believe United is underestimating Schalke today at their home ground and potentially overlooking this CL match for Sunday's monumental league match against Chelsea for the title. No Rooney could be a problem offensively lacking creativity and without Vidic and Ferdinand, Schalke should push forward with Raul, Farfan, Jurado, Huntelaar, Edu, and Uchida to a lesser extent. Neuer might be the best keeper in the world currently and is in prime form, keeping Schalke in matches consistently with key saves. I don't believe this is an audition for United because my gut tells me Neuer stays in Germany and ends up at Bayern Munich this summer. United will probably end up with De Gea as the long-term replacement to VDS. 

My bold prediction: 1-0 Schalke on a Raul goal second-half.

I could also foresee a scored draw something like 1-1 after a late Chicharito equalizer. 

Adebayor was extremely reckless with challenges yesterday, but "bum" is not a fitting label. You can't deny he's a premier aerial threat on set pieces not to mention his niche for finding the back of the net.
Chelsea will certainly end up with Neymar and Lukaku IMO, not to mention Van der Wiel and Aly Cissokho.

I truly believe United is underestimating Schalke today at their home ground and potentially overlooking this CL match for Sunday's monumental league match against Chelsea for the title. No Rooney could be a problem offensively lacking creativity and without Vidic and Ferdinand, Schalke should push forward with Raul, Farfan, Jurado, Huntelaar, Edu, and Uchida to a lesser extent. Neuer might be the best keeper in the world currently and is in prime form, keeping Schalke in matches consistently with key saves. I don't believe this is an audition for United because my gut tells me Neuer stays in Germany and ends up at Bayern Munich this summer. United will probably end up with De Gea as the long-term replacement to VDS. 

My bold prediction: 1-0 Schalke on a Raul goal second-half.

I could also foresee a scored draw something like 1-1 after a late Chicharito equalizer. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Van Der Sar, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Oshea, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Anderson, Valencia, Berbatov  
damn...NINE changes from the team that won in the 1st leg.
i really hope Sir Alex knows what he's doing...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Van Der Sar, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Oshea, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Anderson, Valencia, Berbatov  
damn...NINE changes from the team that won in the 1st leg.
i really hope Sir Alex knows what he's doing...

eek.gif
SAF feelin REAL confident today

Huntelaar is on the bench

Neuer

Uchida-Hoewedes-Metzelder-Escudero

Papa-Jurado-Baumjohann

Farfan-Raul-Draxler

My prediction: 3:1 for Schalke !

Huntelaar is on the bench

Neuer

Uchida-Hoewedes-Metzelder-Escudero

Papa-Jurado-Baumjohann

Farfan-Raul-Draxler

My prediction: 3:1 for Schalke !

Is this the least hyped/talked about CL semi-final ever?

Tough to follow Madrid/Barca, especially with a team like Schalke.

Is this the least hyped/talked about CL semi-final ever?

Tough to follow Madrid/Barca, especially with a team like Schalke.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Wait are Rio and Rooney being rested or are they on cards? No way Ferg is that big a douche.
Rested, why not ?

Their team on the pitch is still good enough to beat the best teams in the world.Except Schalke.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Wait are Rio and Rooney being rested or are they on cards? No way Ferg is that big a douche.
Rested, why not ?

Their team on the pitch is still good enough to beat the best teams in the world.Except Schalke.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i thought howard webb was gonna ref this
He's got the Chelski match.  
Persia ~ Sir keeping half an eye on that match, hence resting them... 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i thought howard webb was gonna ref this
He's got the Chelski match.  
Persia ~ Sir keeping half an eye on that match, hence resting them... 

So similar to the first goal in yesterday's match. Great pass, great touch, great shot, class goal.

So similar to the first goal in yesterday's match. Great pass, great touch, great shot, class goal.

Back
Top Bottom