The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

I think it should've finished 2-1. I think Mou was trying to finish the first leg 0-0 but that changed when Pepe got the red.

Adebayor is useless don't know why he entered.

Madrid players complaining again, dudes need to get over it.

The reason why Barca>Madrid is simple, Cohesion. Think about it within the last 10 years, Messi, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, V. Valdes, and Pedro have all played in Barca's youth academy, and guys like Puyol have been around for a while, so in essence this team has been together for what seems forever nowadays, not to mention Pep having been youth team coach. Madrid assemble a squad with superior players in every position, yet have no cohesion or chemistry amongst them, thus rendering their talents useless. You can't expect Madrid to be better than Barca anytime soon, considering they switch coaches every year, they have only 1 central midfielder and countless attackers, thus unless these attackers create their own opportunities (C. Ronaldo), then they get no service. Madrid need to build something little by little, they might have to play 2nd fiddle for a while to become similar to what Barca is now.

Think about it, in the late 90's early 2000's when RM were beasting, Barca were competitive because they had great player, but were nowhere near RM then or what they are now. Yet, they build a team around one player (Messi), and a simple concept (passing), and they have tremendous success, it took them time but this is the result. RM can't buy their way back into supremacy, they have to do it little by little.

The reason why Barca>Madrid is simple, Cohesion. Think about it within the last 10 years, Messi, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, V. Valdes, and Pedro have all played in Barca's youth academy, and guys like Puyol have been around for a while, so in essence this team has been together for what seems forever nowadays, not to mention Pep having been youth team coach. Madrid assemble a squad with superior players in every position, yet have no cohesion or chemistry amongst them, thus rendering their talents useless. You can't expect Madrid to be better than Barca anytime soon, considering they switch coaches every year, they have only 1 central midfielder and countless attackers, thus unless these attackers create their own opportunities (C. Ronaldo), then they get no service. Madrid need to build something little by little, they might have to play 2nd fiddle for a while to become similar to what Barca is now.

Think about it, in the late 90's early 2000's when RM were beasting, Barca were competitive because they had great player, but were nowhere near RM then or what they are now. Yet, they build a team around one player (Messi), and a simple concept (passing), and they have tremendous success, it took them time but this is the result. RM can't buy their way back into supremacy, they have to do it little by little.

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

1-1 (10 men)
1-0 (10 men)
0-2 (10 men)
1-1

Not bad. Definitely moving forward.
exactly, ya at least scoring a goal now.
BPS I'm not sure that you're suggesting that the refs are intentionally trying to keep you guys at 10 men, but the first 2 games Madrid intentionally committed fouls that got them sent off in order to prevent goals. the LL foul was reckless and obvious as @#$% and the Copa del Rey di Maria sacrificed himself at the very end to stop the final drive. Not to mention that you guys could have even more guys sent off every match for their dirty @#$ fouls (Lass,  Adebayor, Carvalho, Alonso). It seemed like the only reason Lass and Adebayor were in the game today was to smack the @#$% out of any Barca player. Even the Madrid fans I was watching the game with said the same @#$%.

1-1 (10 men)
1-0 (10 men)
0-2 (10 men)
1-1

BPS I'm not sure that you're suggesting that the refs are intentionally trying to keep you guys at 10 men, but the first 2 games Madrid intentionally committed fouls that got them sent off in order to prevent goals. the LL foul was reckless and obvious as @#$% and the Copa del Rey di Maria sacrificed himself at the very end to stop the final drive. Not to mention that you guys could have even more guys sent off every match for their dirty @#$ fouls (Lass,  Adebayor, Carvalho, Alonso). It seemed like the only reason Lass and Adebayor were in the game today was to smack the @#$% out of any Barca player. Even the Madrid fans I was watching the game with said the same @#$%.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Real a team that thrives or is known for individualism ?

IMO Di Maria could be a threat, if a lot of the times he would pass the ball. We saw it with gol he gave Ronaldo, and the gol he gave Marcelo today. If he could only pass the ball once in the box he would become a different player. He does the same thing when he plays for Arg, goes for the shot when there is an open player.

The only player that mirrows him in our squad is Affelay, I get frustrated when he goes for the gol and you have an open player.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Real a team that thrives or is known for individualism ?

IMO Di Maria could be a threat, if a lot of the times he would pass the ball. We saw it with gol he gave Ronaldo, and the gol he gave Marcelo today. If he could only pass the ball once in the box he would become a different player. He does the same thing when he plays for Arg, goes for the shot when there is an open player.

The only player that mirrows him in our squad is Affelay, I get frustrated when he goes for the gol and you have an open player.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

1-1 (10 men)
1-0 (10 men)
0-2 (10 men)
1-1

I just wanted to touch on your comment about Lass, I absolutely disagree. Adebayor was reckless from the moment he subbed on the pitch yes, but Diarra was the best Blancos player all game. He was fulfilling Pepe's role as a hounding CDM disrupting Barca's flow and crisp passing. Don't be fooled, Messi was selling A LOT of those foul calls against Lass. #10 was a physical presence today and made tons of clean challenges to keep Madrid in contention.
I'll be honest I was somewhat impressed with our defense considering Arbeloa and Albiol were in the starting back four. 

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

1-1 (10 men)
1-0 (10 men)
0-2 (10 men)
1-1

I just wanted to touch on your comment about Lass, I absolutely disagree. Adebayor was reckless from the moment he subbed on the pitch yes, but Diarra was the best Blancos player all game. He was fulfilling Pepe's role as a hounding CDM disrupting Barca's flow and crisp passing. Don't be fooled, Messi was selling A LOT of those foul calls against Lass. #10 was a physical presence today and made tons of clean challenges to keep Madrid in contention.
I'll be honest I was somewhat impressed with our defense considering Arbeloa and Albiol were in the starting back four. 

word is that chel$ea is gonna have 80 mill to spend this summer 
eyes.gif

Not a bad Classico

Iniesta's pass
pimp.gif
, he is soooo good

I didn't think Real played too bad.

For the arguments in here. I thought Lass played very well.

I don't know about Di Maria, he does things that leave my jaw on the floor with how brilliant he is sometimes with the ball on his foot. There were games where he gets the ball and is a threat the whole game. Then there are times when he should make the easy pass and tries to take on 3 people and ruins the run of play. But he is too good to let go, try to mold him some.

Not a bad Classico

Iniesta's pass
pimp.gif
, he is soooo good

I didn't think Real played too bad.

For the arguments in here. I thought Lass played very well.

I don't know about Di Maria, he does things that leave my jaw on the floor with how brilliant he is sometimes with the ball on his foot. There were games where he gets the ball and is a threat the whole game. Then there are times when he should make the easy pass and tries to take on 3 people and ruins the run of play. But he is too good to let go, try to mold him some.

Nice to see Barca back to playing football last night instead of flopping around the pitch like a bunch of *******.

They got what they wanted out of the first leg and didn't need to employ that "tactic" in the second.

Adebayor acting like Rick Mahorn out there 
eyes.gif
  How that bum ever won "African Footballer of the Year" is beyond me.

Nice to see Barca back to playing football last night instead of flopping around the pitch like a bunch of *******.

They got what they wanted out of the first leg and didn't need to employ that "tactic" in the second.

Adebayor acting like Rick Mahorn out there 
eyes.gif
  How that bum ever won "African Footballer of the Year" is beyond me.

Van Der Sar, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Oshea, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Anderson, Valencia, Berbatov

Risky.

Van Der Sar, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Oshea, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Anderson, Valencia, Berbatov

Risky.

Back
Top Bottom