The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

so Edinson Cavani has started to become my new favorite player
anybodu else feeling the same way
nerd.gif
Cause he scores goals?
roll.gif

grin.gif

so you think the only thing i like is people scoring goals, settle sound son

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

so Edinson Cavani has started to become my new favorite player
anybodu else feeling the same way
nerd.gif
Cause he scores goals?
roll.gif

grin.gif

so you think the only thing i like is people scoring goals, settle sound son

Why else would he just become your "new favorite player"...?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with he had a good World Cup that made his name known when 90% of the people who now follow him had no idea he exsisted like Suarez, Forlan, Ramires, Alexis Sanchez, etc right?

Or the fact he's been scoring plenty of goals in Serie A every weekend?
laugh.gif

Why else would he just become your "new favorite player"...?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with he had a good World Cup that made his name known when 90% of the people who now follow him had no idea he exsisted like Suarez, Forlan, Ramires, Alexis Sanchez, etc right?

Or the fact he's been scoring plenty of goals in Serie A every weekend?
laugh.gif

that argument reminds me of dudes who try to one up each other in the music forum, "well, I been listening to (insert artist name) since (insert number of years ago)" Who cares? Maybe he likes his scoring ability, maybe he likes his hair band.

that argument reminds me of dudes who try to one up each other in the music forum, "well, I been listening to (insert artist name) since (insert number of years ago)" Who cares? Maybe he likes his scoring ability, maybe he likes his hair band.

I think all this spending by Real is gonna be futile and they're gonna have to wait for Barca to decline in order to win La Liga and/or the CL. If this was any other era, Real would've easily won the league and CL with this team but this Barca team is just too damn good. The only reason Real spent this much money is because of how good Barca is and yet despite spending record amounts, Real are still not any closer to Barca's level. What more could Real do? I mean, they could sign the 2 very best CMs available and they still wont match up to Xavi + Iniesta. Otherwise, Real's attack isnt far off from Barca's attack and Real's defence is probably as good as Barca's. 

I think all this spending by Real is gonna be futile and they're gonna have to wait for Barca to decline in order to win La Liga and/or the CL. If this was any other era, Real would've easily won the league and CL with this team but this Barca team is just too damn good. The only reason Real spent this much money is because of how good Barca is and yet despite spending record amounts, Real are still not any closer to Barca's level. What more could Real do? I mean, they could sign the 2 very best CMs available and they still wont match up to Xavi + Iniesta. Otherwise, Real's attack isnt far off from Barca's attack and Real's defence is probably as good as Barca's. 

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

This is a great point that I haven't heard mentioned enough, if at all. Sucks for Real but Barca is really gonna be tough to beat with that core for some time. 
As always, these second legs are fascinating, and especially this one. Madrid needs to carefully balance their desperate need to score a goal to make things interesting with the fact that one slip up leading to a successful Barca counter attack could end the whole fixture early tomorrow. Casillas is gonna have to be big. Not having Sergio Ramos and Pepe (if I'm not mistaken) might be more than Madrid can overcome given their 2-0 deficit. Whatever happens, I hope we come away tomorrow talking about great soccer for once and not diving/refereeing. 

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

This is a great point that I haven't heard mentioned enough, if at all. Sucks for Real but Barca is really gonna be tough to beat with that core for some time. 
As always, these second legs are fascinating, and especially this one. Madrid needs to carefully balance their desperate need to score a goal to make things interesting with the fact that one slip up leading to a successful Barca counter attack could end the whole fixture early tomorrow. Casillas is gonna have to be big. Not having Sergio Ramos and Pepe (if I'm not mistaken) might be more than Madrid can overcome given their 2-0 deficit. Whatever happens, I hope we come away tomorrow talking about great soccer for once and not diving/refereeing. 

Back
Top Bottom