The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Demps wrote:
Arsenal needs a clutch keeper like my boy Timmy Howard.

Didn't they go for Schwarzer last season?  What happened?

mark hughes didnt want to let him go...I do know they held him out a game because the deal was supposedly done.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Demps wrote:
Arsenal needs a clutch keeper like my boy Timmy Howard.

Didn't they go for Schwarzer last season?  What happened?

mark hughes didnt want to let him go...I do know they held him out a game because the deal was supposedly done.

the song, and wilshere's face @ 40 seconds in  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Admittedly I am new to watching club soccer so I apologize if this is a dumb question but realistically could Wegner lose his job? I know that this years squad wasnt the strongest but the flaws are glaring and dont ever seem to be addressed and their inability to put away lesser opponent is time and again a problem. I started watching Arsenal matches 3 years ago and it seems to me that this club has had the same problems over those three years with no real means of trying to address them. Just thought I'd ask since I am still trying to grasp that side of the game.

Admittedly I am new to watching club soccer so I apologize if this is a dumb question but realistically could Wegner lose his job? I know that this years squad wasnt the strongest but the flaws are glaring and dont ever seem to be addressed and their inability to put away lesser opponent is time and again a problem. I started watching Arsenal matches 3 years ago and it seems to me that this club has had the same problems over those three years with no real means of trying to address them. Just thought I'd ask since I am still trying to grasp that side of the game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So Arsenal can beat Barcelona legitimately, but they can't get past Leyton Orient and Birmingham City
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So Arsenal can beat Barcelona legitimately, but they can't get past Leyton Orient and Birmingham City
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

BTW, can we get a GIF of Koscielny being slapped in the head after Birmingham's 2nd goal?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I swear you must be a spurs fan deep inside. 
30t6p3b.gif
Dude is so pessimistic that he enjoys when we lose.  Its really shameful honestly.  Tevez says nothing when Sneezy and Koscielny have great performances then comes in to bash the team and Wenger when they have a blunder.  A lot of what he says is true but a lot of it is overstated and it is hard to have to come back in here and have him laughing at us like he is a spurs fan.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

BTW, can we get a GIF of Koscielny being slapped in the head after Birmingham's 2nd goal?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I swear you must be a spurs fan deep inside. 
30t6p3b.gif
Dude is so pessimistic that he enjoys when we lose.  Its really shameful honestly.  Tevez says nothing when Sneezy and Koscielny have great performances then comes in to bash the team and Wenger when they have a blunder.  A lot of what he says is true but a lot of it is overstated and it is hard to have to come back in here and have him laughing at us like he is a spurs fan.

^ The dude's the same when it comes to the Raptors. He claims to be a fan but all you see him do is bash and laugh at the team.

^ The dude's the same when it comes to the Raptors. He claims to be a fan but all you see him do is bash and laugh at the team.

Nope, he's pretty much fixed there until he's ready to walk away.

Nope, he's pretty much fixed there until he's ready to walk away.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's because they put in their head that they're too easy, but know to play their %!!!# off vs Barca and other big teams. Jack was the only one IMO who actually played.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's because they put in their head that they're too easy, but know to play their %!!!# off vs Barca and other big teams. Jack was the only one IMO who actually played.

r9brockburst wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Then that's their main problem, not a lack of players. You don'twin championships (especially the BPL) by only beating the big teams. Thinkabout it, in a 38 game schedule you only have about 8 big games a season, that’sonly 24 points. Yet, if you win the other 30 games, that's 90 points, more thanenough to win the BPL, now suppose you draw or lose a few games including theones with the big teams, they still have enough points to be champions. Nowthat's a pretty hypothetical assumption, but you have seen with ManchesterUnited and Chelsea's last few championships they have beaten down heavily onthe smaller teams, and have done alright or well with the big teams (we beat 3big teams twice last season). This once again demonstrates that Arsenal has allof the physical capabilities of being successful, but they are probably one ofthe mentally weakest teams in the league. The core of this group has beenplaying together for 4 or 5 seasons, it's time they realize they aren’t thebaby gunners anymore.

r9brockburst wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Then that's their main problem, not a lack of players. You don'twin championships (especially the BPL) by only beating the big teams. Thinkabout it, in a 38 game schedule you only have about 8 big games a season, that’sonly 24 points. Yet, if you win the other 30 games, that's 90 points, more thanenough to win the BPL, now suppose you draw or lose a few games including theones with the big teams, they still have enough points to be champions. Nowthat's a pretty hypothetical assumption, but you have seen with ManchesterUnited and Chelsea's last few championships they have beaten down heavily onthe smaller teams, and have done alright or well with the big teams (we beat 3big teams twice last season). This once again demonstrates that Arsenal has allof the physical capabilities of being successful, but they are probably one ofthe mentally weakest teams in the league. The core of this group has beenplaying together for 4 or 5 seasons, it's time they realize they aren’t thebaby gunners anymore.

r9brockburst wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This isin't the league season though.  This is a one off Cup Final game.  Anything goes in that. I have no idea what will happen but their league form has shown that they CAN win the title.  Will this disappointment hurt them going forward?  Quite possibly but the whole beat the little teams thing in the league does not really apply because they have done that.  You look at the table and they have the best record in the league against bottom 10 with only 1 loss and 1 draw in 14 games.

Back
Top Bottom