The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Sporting vs Benfica, The Lisbon derby. Traditional and rich history here but to put it in comparison, Sporting have become the Arsenal of the Portuguese league. No titles in a decade. Watch if you can, take a break from all that premiership long ball, tackle, long ball, shoot, deflection type of footy.

GolTV right? I don't have that with my provider. :frown:

Sporting vs Benfica, The Lisbon derby. Traditional and rich history here but to put it in comparison, Sporting have become the Arsenal of the Portuguese league. No titles in a decade. Watch if you can, take a break from all that premiership long ball, tackle, long ball, shoot, deflection type of footy.

I watched Chelsea vs Benfica from the Europa league final. I really liked the passing, understanding, and teamwork that Benfica has. Cardozo is good :pimp:

Last edited:
Victor Moses loaned to Liverpool.

Liverpool must have some dirt on us with all the favors we keep doing for them. Taking Torres off their hands, and giving them Sturridge and Moses for almost nothing

Pool making signings and getting loans meanwhile at the Emirates.....tumbleweed smh aside from rumors, but well know on Labor Day.

Sporting and Benfica game was pretty good. Expected higher results but it was entertaining. Wanted to see this 18 year old wonder kid Bruma play but he didn't. Rumors are he is transferring to Gala. To me that makes no sense. Sporting academy had turned many wingers to stars, he'd be better off staying and playing another year until a bigger club comes calling.

Watched Lazio vs Juventus earlier

Bonucci, Vidal, and Pogba all had great games. Tevez scored for the 3rd game in a row

Victor Moses loaned to Liverpool.

Liverpool must have some dirt on us with all the favors we keep doing for them. Taking Torres off their hands, and giving them Sturridge and Moses for almost nothing
Lol you guys were the ones who sought after his services and when y'all got him, he didn't perform as well as he did for Liverpool. Then y'all had a player like Sturridge sitting on the bench. :smh:

Ben Arfa might be the best dribbler in the EPL. Him and hazard are real fun to watch
You're missing Suarez.

Last edited:
Didn't know Sporting and Benfica were playing today. Wish I would have gotten to watch it but I'll check out highlights

@epltalk Sky Sports Transfer Deadline Day Program Will Not Be Televised In United States: The annual event that is the... http://bit.ly/1csI8Dg

Arsenal's Wenger refuses to EVER work with a director of football on transfers
31 Aug 2013 22:30
Boss admits the market is a "problem" for him but won't follow arch-rivals Spurs' example and hire a Baldini-style head-hunter

Arsene Wenger insists he will never work with a director of football.

But Arsenal manager Wenger has admitted the transfer ­window is “a problem” for him.

The Gunners’ north London rivals Tottenham, who visit the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, appointed Franco Baldini as technical director over the summer and put the Italian in charge of transfers.

The results have been spectacular, as Spurs have broken their transfer record and signed a host of new stars to make up for the loss of Gareth Bale.

Arsenal have failed with bids for Luis Suarez and Wayne Rooney, and have only landed free transfers Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini ahead of an anticipated deadline-day trolley dash.

**** Law is meant to be Wenger’s transfer fixer, but
his role is coming under scrutiny from inside and outside Arsenal.

It is often argued Wenger misses the influence of former vice-chairman David Dein, but the Frenchman will not accept any extra help.

“I would not work with a ­director of football because they buy the players and when it does not work you are guilty for not using them well,” said Wenger.

“I am not against having ­people to help me buy, sell and negotiate because I cannot do it all. But I think the final ­decision always has to belong to the manager to decide who comes in and who goes out because he is ­responsible for the style of play and ­results.”

Speaking to ­newspaper ­journalists, Wenger added: “It is like you write an article and someone says I will change that and that, and that.

“You should not accept that. Stand up for what you write!

“I stand up for the results of a team I have chosen. The ­manager should be responsible for the players who come in.”

But when Wenger was asked whether the workload of trying to prepare his team and deal with transfers was too much, the 63-year-old conceded it can be difficult.

“I cannot deny the transfer window is a problem for me because it conflicts with a ­period where the competition has started already and I need big focus on the competition.

“It’s not as easy any more because the market has become more open and international. There are more contenders, but not more players. I always want to be in a position where I do not have to buy.

“That is why I have people around me to help, but the final decision has to be down to the manager.”

As Wenger attempts to convince players to join him at Arsenal, his own future is not yet certain.

Wenger’s contract expires at the end of this season and
initial talks have been placed on the back-burner.

“I don’t look too far ahead, I never have,” said Wenger. “This job teaches you a lot about yourself and I know one thing, everywhere I have worked has been to the last day with full commitment.

“That commitment will not change. Do I go or stay? I think I have shown my commitment to this club because I said no to many, many, many, many clubs while I have been here.

“I don’t need to show my loyalty.”
Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ne-wenger-wont-director-2241245#ixzz2db3tBAvQ

@redditsoccer AC Milan sign Matri from Juventus http://bit.ly/17r35Pm
Nathaniel Chalobah signs new deal with Chelsea until 2018 http://bit.ly/12TM7FU
World Cup 2022: Platini tells Premier League to change dates http://bit.ly/1co4m9u
BBC's Ben Smith: Liverpool hopeful Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori will arrive for medicals in the nex... http://bit.ly/12U3PZZ
Wenger: 'The chance for Bendtner to leave now is very small,', If he comes back well and gets fit, I... http://bit.ly/15DKkG0 :smh:

@ManUtdStuff: Ander Herrera has informed Athletic Bilbao that he wants to leave the club to join Manchester United. [el correo]

@ManUtdStuff: United have agreed personal terms with Ander Herrera & the player will earn around €4m a year on a 5-year deal. [el correo]

Wayne Rooney is out of Manchester United's trip to Liverpool on Sunday. The 27-year-old could miss England's World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine after having 10 stitches in a head gash suffered in training on Saturday.

This was said to have occurred when Moyes kicked a boot towards Rooney's head.
Ok, I made that last bit up. 

@CentreTransfer: Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata will have to ­demand a transfer in order to push through a move to Arsenal. (People)

@ManUtdStuff: Athletic Bilbao & Manchester United are yet to agree on a transfer fee for the transfer of Ander Herrera. [el correo]

@CentreTransfer: BREAKING: Tiago Ilori and Mamadou Sakho both undergoing medicals at Liverpool. (SkySports) #Transfers

I think/hope so. 

Meanwhile, Benzema's mohawk...

EDIT

Didn't know Zizou was working with the team now.

Last edited:
De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Young, Cleverley, Carrick, Welbeck, Giggs, RVP

Wow.

Ronaldo and Isco have been putting on a show all game long today, not even fair.

Ozil is losing his place in the rotation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom