The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Agreed a great game by Atletico. I however feel that the referee to make tht penalty call ruined the game some what. Tough break for Chelsea there. I have to say Maybe Atletico is better than most people think. Big props to Tiago holding that midfield he played excellent just like he used to at Benfica. Congrats to Atletico.....let's go Real and the Ronnie show

Defensive blunders ain't really Jose's fault. But trusting that old piece of dog****  Eto'o is his own damn fault. He was a useless signing... not even worth the free. Meanwhile, Lukaku...

Should of never Parked the bus in game 1. Somewhere Juan mata is smiling, he would of done wonders in both games with hazard and oscar hurting.

Mou parked the bus in Spain but didn't have enough fuel to drive it back home :lol: :lol:

Atletico are simply a very well rounded team, they always had a puncher's chance regardless of who they matched up with throughout the entire tournament.

Welp.

It was a nice run while it lasted fellas.

Go get us a striker, fix our midfield and lets try again next year...

Oh and bring back Courtois.

Please elaborate.

I thought Chelsea's mid was fine.
Personally I think we need someone more complete to pair with Matic. Ramires is a irritant for other squads but his lack of technical ability kills us. Luiz as a midfielder I'm somewhat shaky on as well. That's just my opinion though.

I think your midfield is fine.

Just need a striker (or give the ones you have a chance :lol: )

Besides another year of gelling together with Mou, and Chelsea will probably start to flourish. But he will also need to start playing attacking football to win. All that defence doesn't score goals.

lol same story as pep yesterday.. same ppl calling you a genius now calling for your head.. mou is still an amazing manager... little too cautious this yr for my liking but he his tactics in the league this yr (esp with playing top half of table) have been spot on

As usual twitter having a field day...

Rob Jones ‏@RobJones71 Apr 29
Mourinho has spent £490 million over six seasons at Chelsea and Madrid and won 0 Champions League trophies

Kop End ‏@kopitetilldeath 19m
MOURINHO SPENDS £100M, STARTS WITH 6 DEFENDERS IN A UCL SEMI-FINAL, CONCEDES 3 GOALS & IS CALLED A TACTICAL GENIUS!!

Atletico are a better team than us. It's clear to see.

However, Jose's decision to bring on Eto'o was when the game was lost. 

John Terry has not at any point in his career given one single damn about that hideous haircut of his. :smh:

lol same story as pep yesterday.. same ppl calling you a genius now calling for your head.. mou is still an amazing manager... little too cautious this yr for my liking but he his tactics in the league this yr (esp with playing top half of table) have been spot on
Lmao here comes the Pep apologist.

Because Pep losing with the best team in the world a year ago is equivalent to Jose losing with Chelsea to a better all-around team. Just stop it.

Welp.

It was a nice run while it lasted fellas.

Go get us a striker, fix our midfield and lets try again next year...

Oh and bring back Courtois.
Please elaborate.

I thought Chelsea's mid was fine.
Luiz and Ramires are not world class caliber mids at all.

They are good complimentary mids because they have their strenths but also some glaring weaknesses. They need to be paired with someone like Matic who is a great all-around mid. The two of them playing together is a no no. Against a team with a good midfield like Atletico will make them look foolish, like they did today.

[/quote]
Lmao here comes the Pep apologist.

Because Pep losing with the best team in the world a year ago is equivalent to Jose losing with Chelsea to a better all-around team. Just stop it.

you read my whole comment and thats what you took from it... :smh:

again don't know how i became this pep "apologist", just acknowledging the hypocrisy in this thread.

Last edited:
its games like this one that make me wonder, why the **** did we get rid of Mata? I didnt like it then, I really dont like it now. Chelsea please with no creativity at all. I dont want to hear the he cant defend argument, Hazard was responsible for 2 goals today. Also Mata did just fine against Barca and Munich defensively. And jose's #10, didnt even play today. This is not a good enough midfield. Schurrle shows promise, but Willian and Oscar are not delivering at all. 

All in all.....

Etoo 
indifferent.gif

Hazard 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Courtois 
nthat.gif

Oscar 
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom