The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

And that's that.

United probably deserved a bit more, but probably would have taken a draw before the start.

Good business for Moyes.

Against a stacked Chelsea, one would think United's midfield weakness would have really shown itself today.

Getting a point from what is a tough opponent is necessary given the opening 5-6 fixtures...

i really enjoyed the game today, though if things were done differently such as giggs or young for welbeck when valencia was subbed off or taking van persie off around the 75th for kagawa to play behind rooney (who was definitely motm) no doubt in my mind we would have had 3 points tonight

Mourinho clearly played for the draw. But i'm just not sure why. We have enough talent to beat United at Trafford but he went conservative.

Leaving Mata(who usually shines against United), and Lukaku (Who had a hat trick against them at OT last game) on the bench was mind blowing.

We need a striker ASAP. Schurrle played as well as can be expected as a false 9 but I absolute hate that strategy.

Oh and Torres is still garbage

Mourinho clearly played for the draw. But i'm just not sure why. We have enough talent to beat United at Trafford but he went conservative.

Leaving Mata(who usually shines against United), and Lukaku (Who had a hat trick against them at OT last game) on the bench was mind blowing.

We need a striker ASAP. Schurrle played as well as can be expected as a false 9 but I absolute hate that strategy.

Oh and Torres is still garbage

Chelsea has a hell of a lot of football in a short period of time.

BPL 18 Aug 2013 v Hull (H)
BPL 21 Aug 2013 v Aston Villa (H)
BPL 26 Aug 2013 v Man Utd (A)
Super Cup 30 Aug 2013 vs Bayern Munich

That last game in particular...is a game he does NOT want to lose...

He'll want to ensure full fitness of his squad as well...

Really surprised by Chelsea.. They looked no where near as strong as people have projected them..if anything this game just proved how open this years title will be. The game was close but we looked the better side.... I'm wondering why kagawa still hasn't seen the pitch? Moyes made some "different" changes but young looked lively when he came on..

I hate taking noon classes ..

Should I watch a replay of the match?

Or just check out highlights.

Don't watch the replay, you'll never get that 90 minutes back

Mourinho had the squad to make a statement at OT, and instead chose the safe route. I think beating Utd at their place would've been the perfect way to flex Chelsea's muscles on the rest of the league, especially with City getting whacked this week. A point is cool, but the potential statement that could have been made >>>>>

Schurrle played like crap as a false 9. It's not his natural role but I expected better.

Rooney stood out to me the most, just could have been slightly better with delivering the final passes.

Kagawa and Mata need to get the hell out of their respective clubs. Especially Kagawa. I'd love to see him back at Dortmund.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom