The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Another take away note is javi is no cb.... Gotta leave him in mf with bastain

Last edited:
Pep likely promised Thiago Alcantara a regular role in the starting XI thus forcing Martinez into a makeshift CB.

Difficult ball to settle moving forward deciding what pace and direction, accuracy to strike the ball with.

Pep likely promised Thiago Alcantara a regular role in the starting XI thus forcing Martinez into a makeshift CB.
Yeah but play thiago forward more. I believe where Kroos played would have been better. But then again he prolly wanted to give Kroos a run out today

Last edited:
Where is Gotze going to sit (as in, who is he replacing?)
Word IF they manage to hold on to all those midfielders, one of them is gonna be looking to move come dec... United need to act now

One of those midfielders will have to sacrifice and play a deeper holding role.

Pep loves false 9's, could utilize Gotze as a CF and bring Mandzukic off the bench.

Unconventional but what if Pep plays three at the back:
Neuer
Lahm Dante Alaba
Thiago or Martinez Bastian
Robben Kroos Ribery
Gotze or Muller Mandzukic

Mandzukic is likely the odd man out. Pep doesn't appear to have a preference for him, and there are already questions in Munich over the compatibility between Pep's managerial style and Mandzukic's playing style.

He'll have to earn his place in the starting XI more than Gotze or Thiago Alcantara.

This pic brings up a good question, which do you root for in situations like that or do you stay neutral?
In the Batistuta/Ortega years it was always Argentina.
In the Ruiz years it was always Guate.
Now its Messi and DiMaria
But it Depends on the situation too. This is a qualifying year so I rooted for Arg this game cuz they are still qualifying and working out schemes while Guate is eliminated. Last time they played I rooted for Guate cuz Arg had their B squad and Guate had more players I knew like Pappa playing and showing skills.

Yes I was born in America but for me Guate and Arg > the US team.
I've gotten tears after a Guate loss (Eliminated by Costa Rica in 2001 Hex) and Argentina loss (vs Holland in wc98 vs England in wc2002) but never for a US loss.

In the Batistuta/Ortega years it was always Argentina.
In the Ruiz years it was always Guate.
Now its Messi and DiMaria
But it Depends on the situation too. This is a qualifying year so I rooted for Arg this game cuz they are still qualifying and working out schemes while Guate is eliminated. Last time they played I rooted for Guate cuz Arg had their B squad and Guate had more players I knew like Pappa playing and showing skills.

Yes I was born in America but for me Guate and Arg > the US team.
I've gotten tears after a Guate loss (Eliminated by Costa Rica in 2001 Hex) and Argentina loss (vs Holland in wc98 vs England in wc2002) but never for a US loss.

With that said....this was my favorite team
View media item 521330
...we coulda been a contender....I hate you Dennis Bergkamp

^Fair enough..

Can't wait for the season to start.
How many goals does he get this season?

Last edited:
Here's to another season of despair, dashed hope and standing on the edge, Gunner fans *raises cup of poison*

Back
Top Bottom