The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I acknowledged the flank situation you mentioned but countered stating it seemed a necessity to start Neymar for stated reasons. I'll also add that Neymar did contribute in some manner as his diagonal run created the contact with Ramos. His run into the box also helped create the goal Messi had (I think it was him).

I brought up Cesc as a matter of tactic shown by Tata. I thought he did help control possession in the midfield. I also thought he did neutralize Modric as well. I not sure how you didn't see that. Even the pundits saw what I mentioned.

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2014/3/23/5540380/post-clasico-thoughts
Also from BBC's site.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26690402
But I guess people will see what they want to see. :rolleyes :D :lol:

As far as who had the edge between Carlo & Tata, I think the final result speaks for itself. Winning the possession battle really helped Barca solidify a win at the Bernabeu at a crucial moment in the campaign. Tata seemed hell bent in doing everything possible to win that possession battle especially given the way he had Cesc play.

What stated reasons were those? That he needed confidence? Right, risking La Liga to show confidence in Neymar seems a smart gamble. Neymar will go on to be great, but he didn't do anything Pedro couldn't have done. Bottom line is that in a game where tactics weren't crucial to the result, Ancelotti gave his team the edge over Martino, but his team couldn't capitalize. After that, it came down to the players and individual mistakes you can't plan for. Saying the final result speaks for itself is an elementary way of looking at it.

Cesc was a passenger. The mere fact that he was there gave them an extra body in midfield so he wasn't exactly useless, but wasn't anything special either. And quoting some FCB fan website won't change my opinion. But if you want a third party quote:

Fabregas and Modric should have been tracking each other, but often didn’t.

That's from Michael Cox, and he gets paid to write about tactics. The fact that Modric didn't have a great match had more to do with the dynamics of the game than Cesc. Iniesta, Fabregas, and Alba were all in his zone at different times and he had to a lot of defending to prevent overloads.

Last edited:
Honestly bro these United fans at Old Trafford are pathetic, they start cheering and clapping every time United make some lucky runs and shoot a cross towards the box that lands nowhere. They're way too encouraging for such a dismal season. If this was a Spanish, Itaalian, or a Portuguese team with this bad a season the fans wouldn't let Moyes breathe.

They're cheering because it often lifts the players beyond their current level of play.

the fans have been vocal about firing him, but they have said, they will continue to cheer United on at the games to boost the players. Once the match is over, they'll be back for blood from Moyes.

Hence the 12th man.

Valencia on for Fellaini.

Last edited:
Honestly bro these United fans at Old Trafford are pathetic, they start cheering and clapping every time United make some lucky runs and shoot a cross towards the box that lands nowhere. They're way too encouraging for such a dismal season. If this was a Spanish, Itaalian, or a Portuguese team with this bad a season the fans wouldn't let Moyes breathe.

In all fairness, we're talking about the Premier League though. The best league in the world ... even when it's not :lol:

They're cheering because it often lifts the players beyond their current level of play.

the fans have been vocal about firing him, but they have said, they will continue to cheer United on at the games to boost the players. Once the match is over, they'll be back for blood from Moyes.

Hence the 12th man.

Dude these United fans just keep cheering and singing their songs over and over while losing and playing horrible all season. I understand they want to boost the players but at some point they need to express their feelings and start jeering and booing, wake these players up. Every game at Old trafford sounds like United are still one of the best teams in the world when in reality they're horrible. It's pathetic.

This would NEVER fly with Southern Europe's best teams. I'm not sure this would fly at the Emirates either. The fans always have the loudest voice, they dictate what happens.

Hence the 12th man.

Dude these United fans just keep cheering and singing their songs over and over while losing and playing horrible all season. I understand they want to boost the players but at some point they need to express their feelings and start jeering and booing, wake these players up. Every game at Old trafford sounds like United are still one of the best teams in the world when in reality they're horrible. It's pathetic.

This would NEVER fly with Southern Europe's best teams. I'm not sure this would fly at the Emirates either. The fans always have the loudest voice, they dictate what happens.

I hear you, I'm just telling you what the fans were saying in the media not long ago. They'll continue to cheer for the players, but they'll probably boo at the end of the match. You can hear the fans's voices jeering here and there.

kinda agree with you there... :\
i believe the fans booed Arsenal at halftime after going down to that goal by Swansea...
now they're leading 2-1...

...won't change my opinion.

I'm glad you said that because what we have is hopefully a friendly disagreement of opinions.

I will state however as politely as possible but also in speaking the truth, quite often you come across in an arrogant manner with the aim to "politely belittle" those whose opinions differ from yours.

You often make your statements as if their historical facts or a letter of law that should be followed rather than as opinions.

I do like to see your comments post match as I think they add valuable insight (even if I don't agree with some of points you make) to the ongoing conversations but too often, it seems you like to make relate your opinions as mentioned above.

As you can see, I don't think much of Carlo since his last days at Milan. He's had some of the most talented sides that money can by & still struggle greatly so anything you say conversely won't change my opinion until he proves otherwise.

We will agree to disagree. I won't comment on this further, but if you feel the need to further comment, by all means get the final word in. I won't reply as I think we've discussed this particular argument ad nauseam.

Last edited:

You wanna voice your displeasure, you do it after the final whistle... not when your team is trying to win.  

Booing them while they're out there "battling" just doesn't seem productive. 

In other news...

It's no surprise when you win the league with 7 games to go with players like this....

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 3m
PASS MAP: This is incredible. Philipp Lahm completed 134/134 passes (100%) against Hertha tonight. WORLD. CLASS.

View media item 879185

In other news...

It's no surprise when you win the league with 7 games to go with players like this....

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 3m
PASS MAP: This is incredible. Philipp Lahm completed 134/134 passes (100%) against Hertha tonight. WORLD. CLASS.
nervous.gif
nervous.gif
nervous.gif

You wanna voice your displeasure, you do it after the final whistle... not when your team is trying to win.  

Booing them while they're out there "battling" just doesn't seem productive. 

What are they battling for tho? Lol

They have no shot at a top 4 position, against your City rivals in front of the world is where you let it be known how angry you are.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Sin. I think these United fans are too respectful.

Back
Top Bottom