The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Szcz
Sagna-Per-Kos-Gibbs
Flamini-Wilshere
Ox-Ozil-Santi
Giroud

That's my predicted line up against Bayern. A little nervous, winning at home won't be impossible. Difficult but not impossible. I would settle for a 0-0 draw tho

I don't watch EPL that much, but i don't get why Pellegrini came out with a defensive strategy if their attack is so potent as they say. For the first 15 minutes or so i thought i was watching a Copa del Rey match against a third division Spanish team. Barca was just knocking it with ease and without pressure. Maybe he thought the counter was where he would have an advantage, and at times they came close. I thought Barca's midfield had way too much space in the middle to do what they do best. I'm gonna watch the replay later tonight and see the game a bit closer.

Thats what pups do when they play against Big Dogs LOL

officially going for PSG in the UCL, besides my Chelsea, cuz I'm still sad Zlatan won't be in the WC
frown.gif

Still dont' think it was a penalty. You can see the trip occur....messi's foot goes down outside of the box. I think its a free kick outside. But i am sure barca still would have won and it was a red card foul, I also agree that in real time that would have been extremely hard to call. It is what it is

Ibra's second goal...i say it all the time but dudes technique and ability to strike a ball...its unmatched....it makes no sense some times :lol:

Damn he said a swede shouldn't ref a big game like that :lol:

Idk much about countries disses over there but that's funny/random

Damn he said a swede shouldn't ref a big game like that :lol:

Idk much about countries disses over there but that's funny/random

Here's one of his quotes from his post game presser, “I think it was not a good idea to put a referee from Sweden in charge of such an important match, and a referee who made an important mistake against Barcelona in a previous match. Today he arranged it. The referee decided the game. He was on Barcelona’s side from the beginning until the end.

I watched a bit of the presser & he went on & on about the ref. You know UEFA doesn't like managers or anyone criticizing officials much less going on & on about it the way Pellegrini did. I'll be surprised if Pellegrini is not suspended for the 2nd game at Camp Nou in addition to being fined. Those are very strong allegations he making on the ref.

Here's Roy Keane reacting to Kompany's post game comments where he said Barca was there for the taking in a way only Keane could respond...

Last edited:
I only just got wind of this..

Fulham have reportedly dismissed both Alan Curbishley and Ray Wilkins with immediate effect as Felix Magath's reign at Craven Cottage begins.

Curbishley, who had been working as technical director, had been tipped by many to succeed Rene Meulensteen in the hot seat, but was overlooked in favour of former Schalke boss Magath.

He has now been cut loose by the west London club, as has assistant head coach Ray Wilkins, according to Sky Sports.

It is still unclear whether Meulensteen will be kept on in any capacity, with Magath admitting he is in the dark over the situation.

More to follow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-dismiss-alan-curbishley-ray-3156078#ixzz2tmQohV58
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Too many sackings at this club in such a short period of time.

This should be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

FIFA officiating chief Jim Boyce's reaction to Pellegrini -

“It is absolute nonsense to say a referee should not be chosen for an important match because he comes from a smaller country. If the referee has proved himself at the top level it should not matter what country they come from.

“All the referees who have been chosen for the World Cup have been assessed by experienced officials who have been involved at FIFA and UEFA level and marked on their performances in the World Cup and confederation competitions at a high level.

“I read the remarks that were made by the Manchester City manager. I saw the game and my own personal opinion is that I thought the referee had a good game.

“He is a very experienced referee who has been chosen for the World Cup because of excellent reports of his performances in Europe.”

I can definitely see Pellegrini get banned for the match at Camp Nou now... :D

View media item 813011
Also ESPN by way of Bild is reporting the Bayern moles from late last year were Kroos & Mandzukic .

Apparently Mandzukic even refused to shake Pep's hand at some point. :smh: :x

It looks like once those 2 are shipped off, Bayern will acquire Draxler.

Sanogo starting over Giroud.

I like the decision, hope it pays off.

Sanogo is young and inexperienced, but if he plays with unabashed confidence (similar to Ox as of late) he can bring a wild card element that is clearly high risk, but potentially high reward too.

Giroud is like Negredo 0.5

Well, at least Bayern haven't prepared for Sanogo, heh. He's better on the counter but I don't think he'll contribute as much defensively.

When asked by a naive French reporter after the game whether he had been surprised to score with such a clean strike against Leverkusen using his weak foot, Zlatan merely replied, "There is no wrong foot."

Zlatan has no time for this so called "weaker foot" you peasants speak of.

Back
Top Bottom