The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Whelp, now that's 13 tries & Pellegrini has yet to beat Barcelona (11 losses, 2 draws)... :smokin

If Aguero comes back fully fit, City is still capable of doing damage at Camp Nou.

Leverkusen not made for these knockout stages...
4-0 PSG. Cabaye on and got a goal...

SpitefulInsistentBassethound.gif

*tin foil hat*Demichelis got himself sent off serving City on a platter so he can join his Argentinean buddies Messi and Masch next season*tin foil hat*
:lol:
City ain't got the answers

Whelp, now that's 13 tries & Pellegrini has yet to beat Barcelona (11 losses, 2 draws)... :smokin

If Aguero comes back fully fit, City is still capable of doing damage at Camp Nou.

Not really. I like Kun but i dont see him being worth more than 1 goal per game. With or without Kun Barca is moving on.

Anyway, Great win as the visiting team.

Last edited:
Demichelis became a United legend tonight :pimp:

Was even better being at my citeh friends house.. stood up applauding the alves goal

Jose Pellegrini
Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 15 mins
Pellegrini: 'This referee did Barca v Milan game at group stage & made an important error against Barca. Today he rearranged [put it right]'
EXPAN. KTHX. REPLY RETWEET FAVORITE MOAR
Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 21 mins
Pellegrini: 'The referee must be very happy because he decided the game'
EXPAN. KTHX. REPLY RETWEET FAVORITE MOAR
Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 21 mins
Pellegrini says 'from the beginning the referee was not impartial' ... straying into dangerous territory there

Pellegrini is an idiot.

Saying the ref decided the game? Is he ****ing blind? Obvious penalty, obvious red card (according to the rule book).

Poor excuse for a poor player Man City know they've gambled on all season

Pellegrini is an idiot.

Saying the ref decided the game? Is he ****ing blind? Obvious penalty, obvious red card (according to the rule book).

The penalty was not obvious. Messi was fouled two to three steps outside of the 18 yard box.

View media item 811365
Giving context (and this was posted before), this ref is the same ref that made egregious calls against Barca in when they played Milan. Perhaps Pelle felt as if this ref was trying to make up.

I do not agree with the tactics in hindsight. We've played with two forwards at all times this season, and while we knew Barca would control possession, we should've stuck to our guns and played our style. City haven't been gambling, they've been playing games with patches in their defense.

All in all, I've seen this squad crumble against Bayern. I've seen us get outmaneuvered against Chelsea. Kompany said himself that this wasn't the best team that we've seen at the Etihad this season and they werent. They played their game, and converted the chances needed, and we didn't.

Second leg will be different. Aguero will be back, our back four partnerships will be figured out, and I expect nothing less than a 3-2 victory. :lol:

My-T.

Last edited:

Not really. I like Kun but i dont see him being worth more than 1 goal per game. With or without Kun Barca is moving on.

Anyway, Great win as the visiting team.

It's not just Aguero, it's what he adds to City's attack. The interplay that occurs when he's on the pitch along with Negredo & when you have Oompa Loompas like Pique & Masch, they could cause havoc at Camp Nou.

I like what our passing did to kind of nullify Fernandinho. Although I suspect he may not have been fully fit.

The CL match back at Camp Nou should be a great game. Can't wait. All in all, great win today. Cules should rejoice.

It s kinda sad to see VV play so well, especially today knowing he'll be gone. Hopefully he got awarded MOTM...

I'm watching the replay of the Barca game while studying, and I gotta admit. Their passing is absolutely amazing to watch.

Maybe it's not a penalty shot, in game speed it's hard to judge. Plent of refs would have made that mistake.

But it's no doubt a red card. Going a man down against Barca is impossible to overcome.

This game is not the refs fault, it's demicalles or Pellegrini's.

It's not just Aguero, it's what he adds to City's attack. The interplay that occurs when he's on the pitch along with Negredo & when you have Oompa Loompas like Pique & Masch, they could cause havoc at Camp Nou.

I like what our passing did to kind of nullify Fernandinho. Although I suspect he may not have been fully fit.

The CL match back at Camp Nou should be a great game. Can't wait. All in all, great win today. Cules should rejoice.

It s kinda sad to see VV play so well, especially today knowing he'll be gone. Hopefully he got awarded MOTM...
Alves did, and rightly so IMO

Pellegrini is an idiot.

The penalty was not obvious. Messi was fouled two to three steps outside of the 18 yard box.

View media item 811365
Giving context (and this was posted before), this ref is the same ref that made egregious calls against Barca in when they played Milan. Perhaps Pelle felt as if this ref was trying to make up.

I do not agree with the tactics in hindsight. We've played with two forwards at all times this season, and while we knew Barca would control possession, we should've stuck to our guns and played our style. City haven't been gambling, they've been playing games with patches in their defense.

All in all, I've seen this squad crumble against Bayern. I've seen us get outmaneuvered against Chelsea. Kompany said himself that this wasn't the best team that we've seen at the Etihad this season and they werent. They played their game, and converted the chances needed, and we didn't.

Second leg will be different. Aguero will be back, our back four partnerships will be figured out, and I expect nothing less than a 3-2 victory. :lol:

My-T.

I think the ref was correct at least according to FIFA rules. Found this on a FIFA doc. See link, page 15. The foul starts just outside & continues into the box.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

View media item 811655

I don't watch EPL that much, but i don't get why Pellegrini came out with a defensive strategy if their attack is so potent as they say. For the first 15 minutes or so i thought i was watching a Copa del Rey match against a third division Spanish team. Barca was just knocking it with ease and without pressure. Maybe he thought the counter was where he would have an advantage, and at times they came close. I thought Barca's midfield had way too much space in the middle to do what they do best. I'm gonna watch the replay later tonight and see the game a bit closer.

:x :smh: Man, Pellegrini really went in on the ref... In addition to saying the ref wasn't impartial, he said a Swede shouldn't be officiating a game of this magnitude. He also accused the ref of making up for the bad call he made against Barca. I foresee a nice fine & match ban for the old man...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom