The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Oh and NBC's coverage so far has just been excellent. The commentary for all the matches has been superb. Good pre and post-match interviews. Good in studio analysts. Their online streaming was good as well. They put Fox Soccer's coverage to shame.
Arlo White calling the games, right? I heard bits of his commentary when he was with the Sounders. Def a good choice.

Barca. 
nerd.gif

Holy S***. Porto just scored a goal and one of our players tried to celebrate by getting the balll and the opposing team's GK pushed and head-butted him, straight red card. :lol:

So glad football is back.

Last edited:
Holy S***. Porto just scored a goal and one of our players tried to celebrate by getting the balll and the opposing team's GK pushed and head-butted him, straight red card.
laugh.gif

So glad football is back.
roll.gif

kinda reminds me of Omar's goal on Real Salt Lake last night, after he headed it in he like grabbed the defender that was marking him and said something to him.

Amazed Omar didn't catch a body 
laugh.gif

Btw, for the Colombian's trying to keep track of there players on Porto - Quintero came into the game in the 60th min and scored a minute later. A curling 25 yard shot into the top right corner after juking the opposing defender. This kid looks good man, his first game on Porto. :smokin

Last edited:
Isco with the assist on the equalizer and scoring the late winner

Crazy as it might sound though, I thought his overall play could have been better in the time between those 2 moments. Still, dudes only going to get better, hero on his debut :pimp:

Real barely scraped a win. I was watching it on duel screen with the Porto game. Focused more on my game but from I saw, Real looked a bit lost out there defensively. Isco looked good tho. The assist and header. A lot of great debut's this weekend.

Last edited:
Memo Ochoa
pimp.gif

When is he going to move on to greener pastures instead of helping Ajaccio avoid relegation every year.

Real barely scraped a win. I was watching it on duel screen with the Porto game. Focused more on my game but from I saw, Real looked a bit lost out there defensively. Isco looked good tho. The assist and header. A lot of great debut's this weekend.

What network was the porto game on? Or stream? Went to my local bar to watch the real game and didn't expect to see porto on tv but followed It on my phone.

What network was the porto game on? Or stream? Went to my local bar to watch the real game and didn't expect to see porto on tv but followed It on my phone.

No American sports network are carrying the Portuguese league anymore, which sucks. ESPN stopped, the league is in the process of negotiating with other channels but it may not happen this year. I watched it thru a Portuguese television stream I got tho. Same way I watched the Real game.

@AFCAcademy Arsenal have around 8 first team players fully fit. PSG can afford to have Sakho, Marquinhos, Digne, Verratti, and Lavezzi on the bench.
:smh: a lack of depth in an understatement! We should sign Sakho, wants to leave and the club is okay with it.

This should never happen to a to champions league playing club...

Smh

It's shocking really.

I'm not even really mad that we lost yesterday. It's a mixture of emotions to the lack of competence during this window. I'm a pretty optimistic person...but this...idk. There are still some quality players out there that we could afford.
I find it interesting, well amusing that many people who say Wenger out, want Klopp to replace him. Or think we have a chance of securing Klopp as a replacement >D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who the hell would be dumb enough to think Klopp would come to Arsenal?

1. He's German.
2. He's at a FANTASTIC club, who has no financial issues.
3. Arguably the best fans in football.
4. Consistent Champions League football
5. Until a few weeks ago consistent competition for the league

But really...

What's scary is, United, Arsenal and a few other clubs have done no business.
But teams like Napoli, Roma, Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona have done some very good business. And the transfers range from well priced buys to expensive players.

There's really no excuse whatsoever from any manager.

:lol: More money and a new challenge is what one can argue but it's truly hard to say that notion could outweigh what he currently has.

I have seen people suggest Bielsa and Cruyff, certainly more reasonable than Klopp.

@NinaBracewell And how deeply I regret selling to Kroenke. #AFC
- Bring David Dein and give Usmanov representation on the board if we are to have success going forward. #AFC
She tweets this every so often but despite cashing out and being given some bs honorary VP title, I would have to imagine that she wish she sold her shares to Usmanov instead. The lack of passion at the club is unreal and it takes a toll on our players as well. It's like a black cloud hanging over us.

What is United's issue? I know you and others have posted and said that it could be a financial issue. A CM and LB are at the top of the list, I would imagine that they could afford the two with no worries.

Arsenal sign Swedish youngster Kristopher Da Graca
screen-shot-2013-08-18-at-22-58-00.png

Arsenal have signed 15 year old Swedish defender Kristopher Da Graca following a successful trial.

The promising youngster, who has emerged through the ranks at Gothenburg-based side Hisingsangen Backa, had previously spent time on trial with Arsenal’s North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, as well as Chelsea, Aston Villa and Malmo.

However, after impressing during a short spell at London Colney, he will now move to the club on a permanent basis, although he will not be eligible to sign scholarship terms until next summer as he was born in June 1998.

The player himself confirmed the move in the Swedish media. He said: “It’s wonderful, it’s like a dream come true. I can not describe how excited I am about this.”

Da Graca, who usually operates as a centre-back but can also play as a defensive-midfielder, is likely to be eased into English football slowly and will begin life at Arsenal in the U16 side, but could feature for the U18s as the campaign progresses. He joins fellow Swedish youngsters Kristoffer Olsson and Jamaal Raage at the club.

via @HirooNakamura

I can't help but to :rofl:

On a more serious note, Sweden has always produced some quality players but it might become a hot spot of sorts to scout new talent. They might reach a point when they really start producing young talent

Back
Top Bottom