The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

SP: Provide your nomination for best player in the first half of the campaign for United.

I believe AVB can recover from his unsuccessful spells at Chelsea and Spurs. His stubbornness to the 4-3-3 formation at Stamford Bridge as well as disregard for the old guard doomed him. Spurs was a combination of Levy and bringing in too many new players. The second failure less excusable. I liked all those players Spurs bought. Perhaps chemistry is an issue. And matching personalities and playing styles proved too difficult.

3) That Porto 2010-2011 was easily the most talented team he's ever managed with world class players. It was a tragedy Porto finished 3rd the year before and weren't allowed to go into the Champions League. You're talking about a team with Falcao, Hulk, Moutinho, Guarin, James Rodriguez, etc. What did I see him do with world class players? I saw him go undefeated in a whole season, manage a squad that ran through everything they touched and he won the treble. I've never seen a better Porto team in my life and better disciplined. That goes for the teams we won champions league's with, that goes for Mourinho's team, and that goes for anything else I've ever seen with Porto.

Damn, what a team! I knew they all played there I didnt know it was at the same time

I liked playing with Porto in FIFA 13 until the update came out and Hulk was sold :frown:

Last edited:
SP: Provide your nomination for best player in the first half of the campaign for United.
Nole or Rafa
tongue.gif
... but I'm gonna go with Rooney too. 

Need a win tmrw against Newcastle. City needs to lose a game so we can pick up some space on the table..

btw, I dont know why, but anyone else feel like Newcastle is Arsenal Jr or something? Must be all the French people :lol:

have a feeling liverpool might upset chelsea.. both teams will probably be exhausted though. :smh: at the epl holiday schedule, no wonder england struggles in major tournaments

Last edited:
We bought like 100 midfielders we damn well better not be exhausted.

Chelsea has the most depth in the EPL so a busy schedule should affect them the least.

SP: Counting down to the Australian, my friend.

Quick turnaround for Liverpool after a trip to Ethiad. Visting the Bridge. I'd normally say 2-1 Chelsea, but I think they win by a larger margin. Tired legs, assuming concentration is dwindling with two difficult fixtures.

We bought like 100 midfielders we damn well better not be exhausted.

Chelsea has the most depth in the EPL so a busy schedule should affect them the least.

very good point.. either way deff looking forward to the game

Damn, what a team! I knew they all played there I didnt know it was at the same time

I liked playing with Porto in FIFA 13 until the update came out and Hulk was sold :frown:

Amazing team, they were unbeatable, never seen Porto quite that unstoppable. If only we were allowed to play the Champions League that year :smh:

I would have predicted us going to the semi's.

That hurts

76 - Manchester United have not conceded a penalty in any of their last 76 Premier League games.

:lol:
welp

I believe AVB can recover from his unsuccessful spells at Chelsea and Spurs. His stubbornness to the 4-3-3 formation at Stamford Bridge as well as disregard for the old guard doomed him. Spurs was a combination of Levy and bringing in too many new players. The second failure less excusable. I liked all those players Spurs bought. Perhaps chemistry is an issue. And matching personalities and playing styles proved too difficult.
2-3 players was more than enough but Levy got cocky with the money from the Gareth Bale sale.

Speaking from a tactical standpoint, all those players were not going to work within that system.

Coupe, you won't get a debate from me. That Porto team was a fun team to watch.

For Cules, Socios, & footy fans in general, here is a short doc on Messi done by Sky Sports from a few days ago. Seems like it's been a long time since I've seen La Pulga weave through defenders like that... :rolleyes

Hope he comes back strong in the new year.

Last edited:
We would have been in the champions league with that team if Hulk never decided to fight the ref and get banned for 3 months in the tunnel in 2010 lol.

****** bums:smh:

Isn't Porto playing Sporting tomorrow?

Really sucks that Ramsey is injured. :smh:
I wonder who will take his place tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom