The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I understand the gist of why he's upset but even if a team knows your tactical game plan, I don't think it matters because it largely depends on the players executing well based on the practices you've run. If anything a manager should be able to make adjustments if you see the other team beating your tactical game plan... :rolleyes

Ronaldo could use some time off lol.

Everytime he's supposed to miss certain matches he decides to come back early. Take your time bro. Time for Bale to step up.

David Moyes better send an agent and a Brinks truck over there RIGHT NOW!!!!
I'm sure the daily fail will have us linked with this unknown player already. :smh:

Dude who asked about thiago.. Looked good.. Played a couple great balls, including the ball for robbens goal. He still has some rust on him tho, saw him lose possession or rush a couple passes, but overall He deff left a mark on not only the game but Pep as well ( pep acknowledged how his subs were crucial to the win)

Got this Leverkusen game on wed.. Gonna have to sneak a flask in, since I just found out all alcohol is banned for uefa games :rolleyes

SHANE LONG!

Where did this goal scoring machine come from?!?!?!

edit:

WBA2-0VIL.gif

Last edited:
Ronaldo could use some time off lol.

Everytime he's supposed to miss certain matches he decides to come back early. Take your time bro. Time for Bale to step up.

Hussain Cheema ‏@GoonerCheema 23m
Ronaldo out for 3 weeks apparently and with Messi also injured, it means that as it stands Ramsey is the best player in the world.

That first touch... :x

Only saw one angle on a .gif of his 2nd, but looks like he made a defender look silly...

Exactly why I love watching these smaller derby matches...

2-2

So much heart out there on the pitch tonight...

Game is so wide open don't know who will take this one...

Ronaldo out for 3 weeks apparently and with Messi also injured, it means that as it stands Ramsey is the best player in the world.

:lol: :lol:

I bet Ronaldo plays the last champions league game to get the goal scoring record.

Speaking of EPL, is it wrong to say Luis Suarez is the best player in the EPL?

I bet Ronaldo plays the last champions league game to get the goal scoring record.

I was going to make a post about this over the weekend...

I want to say he's the best forward right now. But I can't choose between him and Aguero. Right now Kun is also in ridiculous form.

I want to say he's the best forward right now. But I can't choose between him and Aguero. Right now Kun is also in ridiculous form.

I give the nod to Luis, he's a better playmaker. Plus he's a greater FK threat.

what are we talking about here? :nerd:

A German newspaper Bild published very detailed tactics that Pep was going to use in the match against Dortmund. They were so detailed it could've only come from a player (or coach). Bild has a history of publishing insider information from anonymous sources.

After Bayern won, Pep said, "It does not matter who it is, heads will roll. I will throw him out. He will not play under me again.”

Although Bayern chief exec Karl-Heinz Rummenigge echoed Pep's sentiment, he said they weren't going to use NSA tactics but I think that's exactly what Pep is going to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had private security already on his payroll. He did at Barca as he had surveillance on his players there to keep tabs on them.

My vote would be for Aguero too. He's gotta be leading the Prem with goals or at least #2.

Last edited:
This week's CL & EL matches. All time Eastern Standard US.

Tuesday, November 26:
Zenit St Petersburg vs Atletico Madrid, Noon, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

Basel vs Chelsea, 2:45pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Arsenal vs Marseille, 2:45pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Celtic vs AC Milan, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

Ajax vs Barcelona, 2:45pm, FSN and FOX Soccer 2Go

Borussia Dortmund vs Napoli, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Porto vs Austria Vienna, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Steaua Bucharest vs Schalke, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Wednesday, November 27:
CSKA Moscow vs Bayern Munich, Noon, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Bayer Leverkusen vs Manchester United, 2:45pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Manchester City vs Plzen, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

Real Madrid vs Galatasaray, 2:45pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Juventus vs Copenhagen, 2:45pm, FSN and FOX Soccer 2Go

Paris Saint-Germain vs Olympiacos, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Anderlecht vs Benfica, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Sociedad, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

UEFA Europa League
Thursday, November 28:
Rubin Kazan vs Maribor, Noon, ESPN3.com

Tromso vs Tottenham Hotspur, 1pm, FOX Sports 1, ESPN3.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

Lyon vs Real Betis, 1pm, FOX Sports 2, ESPN Deportes, WatchESPN.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

Legia Warsaw vs Lazio, 1pm, FOX Soccer Plus, ESPN3.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

Sevilla vs Estoril, 1pm, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

Trabzonspor vs Apollon, 1pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

AZ Alkmaar vs Macabi Haifa, 1pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Wigan Athletic vs Zulte Waregem, 3pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Swansea vs Valencia, 3pm, FOX Sports 2, ESPN Deportes, WatchESPN.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

Bordeaux vs Eintracht Frankfurt, 3pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

APOEL vs Macabi Tel-Aviv, 3pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Pacos Ferreira vs Fiorentina, 3pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Ludogorets vs PSV Eindhoven, 3pm, ESPN3.com and FOX Soccer 2Go

'Hungry Vultures' Arsenal accused of waving money at Barcelona's best

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on November 20, 2013 at 19:25 in Sport Witness FootballView Discussions

The Catalan press can't stand it when Premier League clubs take talents from La Masia. The system in Spain prevents big deals being handed out to young players and therefore that presents opportunities for English clubs to take talent from the club without paying a transfer fee, and the operation is so cheap they can take several of La Masia's best over a few years.

In March of this year Catalan newspaper Sport branded Arsenal "obsessed" and called them "hungry vultures" for they way they were scouting La Masia players. Normally a club losing their young talent for nothing would receive sympathy but given what Barcelona have done to Arsenal over the years, it all seems more humourous than worrying.

The same newspaper today complained that Arsenal have approached three youngsters and feel that at least one of them will leave, but the club's big worry is Tonny Sa­na­bria. The 17 year old forward could leave Barcelona for free in the summer and even though his father has spoken about wanting to stay, the Catalan media are worried on Barca's behalf about what they see as vulture tactics from clubs like Arsenal.

The other three youngsters are Alena, Carles Perez and Ayoub. If any of them do choose to leave, Sport are insistent that it will only be for money. They say the young players have to make a choice between fighting at the club which made them or taking the cash on offer.

I'm fine if Tonny were to leave. Of those mentioned in the post above, I wouldn't want Ayoub Abou & Carles Alena to leave. They're part of the famed '98 class which also features the Korean kid Lee Seung Woo. Those 3 should be a top priority to keep if Barca can. I think Pere Guardiola has signed Lee & Alena. Not sure about Abou.

Ayoub Abou should be a great midfielder one day, thrives playing centrally but can play up to 4 positions well. Very technical player even at a young age. He always had to play with older squads because of his technical ability. Deft touch with the ball too.

Carles Alena is being called the next Cesc. An attacking midfielder. Very good passer. Links up very well with his good friend Lee. Loves one touch passing whitch leads Lee to scoring but can also pop into the box to score as well.

Here are the rest of the most promising at La Masia

- Wilfred Kaptoum 17 year old midfielder
- Munir el Haddadi 18 year old forward
- Rodrigo Tarin 17 year old center back
- Oriol Busquets 14 year old playing defensive mid
- Alex Collado 14 year old attacking mid or winger
- Arnau Comas 14 year old defensive mid or center back
- Abel Ruiz Ortega 13 or 14 year old striker
- Enric Martinez 13 or 14 year old center mid
- Takefusa Kubo 12 year old striker. This mighty might Japanese kid is a goal scoring machine. He's so fun to watch. I think I read he scored 79 goals in one season
- Anssumane Fati 12 year old forward
- Adria Bernabe 12 year old midfielder
- Eric Garcia 12 year old defensive mid or center back

* These 12 year olds are part of an amazing class of '00 & '01.

I don't know much about Tonny except from what I have read recently. I'm aware of the two Asian youngsters the most, they both are fun to watch. Haven't seen much of Abou but read great things about him. I'll have to keep an eye out for those players. Like was mentioned a few pages back, it was great seeing Tata give those youngsters a chance over the weekend.

As for the young gunners, our midfield seems pretty stacked. Toral, one of the players we've got from Barca has recently come back from a season long injury and is moving forward nicely. Dubbed another Cesc and his agent is Pep's brother :lol: But at the same time Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky are getting older, the first and the last have injury issues. But future replacements will be needed. We all know Wenger likes to fast track some of the youngsters :lol: But we do have players 16-18 that are very close to the first team: Akpom, Hayden, Zelalem. With the exodus of players that have left over the summer, all the tournaments we play, and lets not forget injuries some more players around those ages wouldn't hurt our current crop of players but it could make them more competitive. I do think that is something Arsenal has lacked, something that needs to be reinforced.

Dzeko seems to be on his way out and with him gone I think Guidetti will step into his place.

Monaco got another W despite looking rather dull. Falcao certainly didn't have a good game, especially when he could have put one in the back of the net but put it wide. But what a strike from Obbadi.

Sevilla vs Betis was intense. Naturally a red card was bound to happen. Paulao was foolish for that but the reaction from some of the fans was disgraceful
Is Marin injured?

Baines is out for about a month or so, might be longer than a month

I believe someone mentioned Ganso some pages back, here's his goal from today.

Maybe that will force Moyes to look at someone else during the TW, like a midfielder!

Like Iniesta? >D Are you guys still linked with Cabella? Saw a rumor that United will go after Herrera again.

I understand the gist of why he's upset but even if a team knows your tactical game plan, I don't think it matters because it largely depends on the players executing well based on the practices you've run. If anything a manager should be able to make adjustments if you see the other team beating your tactical game plan... :rolleyes

Very true. I feel like it's more likely to be staff personnel than a player. As staff members from various clubs have been in the pocket of these media outlets before

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom