The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Played basketball all morning long, and didn't watch no footy... I got some catching up to do in here...

Lol, my dude. Can't blame him for recognizing greatness.

He like Alaba and Evra?

He doesn't know too much about Man U except for RVP & Rooney. He'll watch games with me sometimes but he knows most of the players from FiIFA 13. He mostly plays with RM, sometimes Chelsea, & Bayern too. He'll also play with Spain & Brazil. He used to watch a lot of games, even by himself but he slacked off for some reason. To be honest, that's where he picked up a lot of things like tackles, step overs, & this spin move he does.

By now you’ve probably heard about the player-driven protest taking place in Brazil over things like unpaid wages and fixture congestion. Let by a group called Bom Senso FC (“Common Sense FC”), Brazil’s professional players are making clear they’re sick and tired of the dysfunction rampant in the Brazilian game. Jamming the traditional state competitions and national league play into one calendar is hardly conducive to quality soccer. To make their point, the players are banding together to do things like what happened today at Flamengo-Corinthians, where the players sat down at the opening whistle for a minute of protest.

had to listen to the second half on the radio was absolutely gutted when cardiff scored, i was swearing in front of customers :frown:

spurs are definitely the disappointment of the season

oh yeah and everyone no matter what club you support should be envious of dortmunds fans its really a shame that all their top players probably wont be playing for them in the next couple years

BVB fans on Gotze: ''The pursuit of money shows how much heart one has. F**k you Götze''..
BZxdO9uCYAA0bCp.jpg

WC 200 days away. I am legit more scared then that instead of university for the next semesters and major life decisions I'm going to have to make soon lol

'Hungry Vultures' Arsenal accused of waving money at Barcelona's best

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on November 20, 2013 at 19:25 in Sport Witness FootballView Discussions

The Catalan press can't stand it when Premier League clubs take talents from La Masia. The system in Spain prevents big deals being handed out to young players and therefore that presents opportunities for English clubs to take talent from the club without paying a transfer fee, and the operation is so cheap they can take several of La Masia's best over a few years.

In March of this year Catalan newspaper Sport branded Arsenal "obsessed" and called them "hungry vultures" for they way they were scouting La Masia players. Normally a club losing their young talent for nothing would receive sympathy but given what Barcelona have done to Arsenal over the years, it all seems more humourous than worrying.

The same newspaper today complained that Arsenal have approached three youngsters and feel that at least one of them will leave, but the club's big worry is Tonny Sa­na­bria. The 17 year old forward could leave Barcelona for free in the summer and even though his father has spoken about wanting to stay, the Catalan media are worried on Barca's behalf about what they see as vulture tactics from clubs like Arsenal.

The other three youngsters are Alena, Carles Pérez and Ayoub. If any of them do choose to leave, Sport are insistent that it will only be for money. They say the young players have to make a choice between fighting at the club which made them or taking the cash on offer.

Honestly, we shouldn't have won that game. It should have ended in a draw, if it weren't for Southampton's stupid GK. We played like **** and the few chances we had, we didn't capitalize on them. Oh well, it was an ugly win but I'll take it. We need to keep the momentum going and start building a gap between the rest of the clubs.

Can somebody explain to me why the **** was the Merseyside derby played so cot damn early?

And how was this not a red card? Mirallas should be banned at least 2 games for that tackle. Suarez is lucky to not have been seriously injured after that.
View media item 667631
if2f59xJhDtD2.gif

Coutinho has got to pony up and pay for a haircut. That ish looks terrible. Dude must be cutting his own hair.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good to see thiago back on the pitch
how did my dude play out there? :nerd:

lots of goals yesterday...need to catch up with most of them...

here's Diego Costa's goal in Atletico's 7-0 mauling of Getafe:

:x :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Monaco got another W despite looking rather dull. Falcao certainly didn't have a good game, especially when he could have put one in the back of the net but put it wide. But what a strike from Obbadi.

Sevilla vs Betis was intense. Naturally a red card was bound to happen. Paulao was foolish for that but the reaction from some of the fans was disgraceful
Is Marin injured?

Baines is out for about a month or so, might be longer than a month

I believe someone mentioned Ganso some pages back, here's his goal from today.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: citeh!
Glad I watched the replay. Now if only they can play like this away from the Etihad. Bringing Hart back midweek will be interesting too cant wait to see that turns out.

'Hungry Vultures' Arsenal accused of waving money at Barcelona's best

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on November 20, 2013 at 19:25 in Sport Witness FootballView Discussions

The Catalan press can't stand it when Premier League clubs take talents from La Masia. The system in Spain prevents big deals being handed out to young players and therefore that presents opportunities for English clubs to take talent from the club without paying a transfer fee, and the operation is so cheap they can take several of La Masia's best over a few years.

In March of this year Catalan newspaper Sport branded Arsenal "obsessed" and called them "hungry vultures" for they way they were scouting La Masia players. Normally a club losing their young talent for nothing would receive sympathy but given what Barcelona have done to Arsenal over the years, it all seems more humourous than worrying.

The same newspaper today complained that Arsenal have approached three youngsters and feel that at least one of them will leave, but the club's big worry is Tonny Sa­na­bria. The 17 year old forward could leave Barcelona for free in the summer and even though his father has spoken about wanting to stay, the Catalan media are worried on Barca's behalf about what they see as vulture tactics from clubs like Arsenal.

The other three youngsters are Alena, Carles Perez and Ayoub. If any of them do choose to leave, Sport are insistent that it will only be for money. They say the young players have to make a choice between fighting at the club which made them or taking the cash on offer.

I'm fine if Tonny were to leave. Of those mentioned in the post above, I wouldn't want Ayoub Abou & Carles Alena to leave. They're part of the famed '98 class which also features the Korean kid Lee Seung Woo. Those 3 should be a top priority to keep if Barca can. I think Pere Guardiola has signed Lee & Alena. Not sure about Abou.

Ayoub Abou should be a great midfielder one day, thrives playing centrally but can play up to 4 positions well. Very technical player even at a young age. He always had to play with older squads because of his technical ability. Deft touch with the ball too.

Carles Alena is being called the next Cesc. An attacking midfielder. Very good passer. Links up very well with his good friend Lee. Loves one touch passing whitch leads Lee to scoring but can also pop into the box to score as well.

Here are the rest of the most promising at La Masia

- Wilfred Kaptoum 17 year old midfielder
- Munir el Haddadi 18 year old forward
- Rodrigo Tarin 17 year old center back
- Oriol Busquets 14 year old playing defensive mid
- Alex Collado 14 year old attacking mid or winger
- Arnau Comas 14 year old defensive mid or center back
- Abel Ruiz Ortega 13 or 14 year old striker
- Enric Martinez 13 or 14 year old center mid
- Takefusa Kubo 12 year old striker. This mighty might Japanese kid is a goal scoring machine. He's so fun to watch. I think I read he scored 79 goals in one season
- Anssumane Fati 12 year old forward
- Adria Bernabe 12 year old midfielder
- Eric Garcia 12 year old defensive mid or center back

* These 12 year olds are part of an amazing class of '00 & '01.

Last edited:
Monaco got another W despite looking rather dull. Falcao certainly didn't have a good game, especially when he could have put one in the back of the net but put it wide. But what a strike from Obbadi.

Sevilla vs Betis was intense. Naturally a red card was bound to happen. Paulao was foolish for that but the reaction from some of the fans was disgraceful
Is Marin injured?

Baines is out for about a month or so, might be longer than a month

I believe someone mentioned Ganso some pages back, here's his goal from today.

Maybe that will force Moyes to look at someone else during the TW, like a midfielder!

I watched quite a bit of that Liverpool v Everton game again.

I must say, I really respect what Martinez is doing over there. The team looked creative, good movement. Getting into the right spaces at the right time. Quick passing and movements led to goals and good opportunities. There were obviously some ugly parts cause it was a derby. But overall, the team just looked better and fresher than last season.

It's nice to see them scoring goals like this...

EVE2-2LIV.gif

Instead of just long balls for headers.

Ronnie will definitely miss the CL game this week & is rumored to miss at least 3 weeks total. RM is keeping kinda hush hush about it but it sounds like a thigh issue.

:smh: @ AVB. He's trying to fit square pegs into a round hole. Soldado is getting no service. Poor guy look like Tom Hanks in Castaway. Isolated & alone. Lamela is struggling in the Prem. Eriksen started great but kinda cooled off & is now injured.

AVB's attack looks like a 13 year old created it. When he tried surging everyone forward this past weekend, no one tracked back & left only 2 defenders to try & ward off the likes of Negredo & Aguero. :smh:

At least Paulinho had an excuse. He looked like he was trying to make things happen but he looked dog tired coming back from international duty...

I think it's time AVB go off & play with his motorcycles like he bizarrely talked about last season. He really looks way over his head at this point.

:smh: @ whoever leaked info from Bayern. You know Pep will find out who did. He used to have his players at Barca under surveillance. He said when he finds out, that person will never play for him again... :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom