The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Oh and I really hope for the next world cup they don't extend it to 40 teams but they make the playoff's more fair. Made no sense Portugal to play Sweden. While Uruguay play Jordan and Mexico play New Zealand. Team's in the playoff's around the world should play each other at random or according to FIFA rankings. As fans we're going to miss out on Zlatan and a strong Ukraine side. I think it will change tho. Too much controversy surrounding this.

I see what your saying...but I still disagree. It's almost a bit selfish to say the WC qualifying system is flawed or "not fair" (as you say) if both CR7 and Zlatan don't both make the cup, while both Uruguay and Mexico slide right on through.

There is a lot of bad about the way it is currently set up, but let us not overlook the fact that Burkina Faso was literally 45 mins away from making history had they held on against Algeria and qualified for their first WC ever. Had Burkina Faso been matched with Portugal, Sweden, Ukraine or France, how much hope would they really have. As football enthusiasts, we can be selfish at times because we want to see the top quality players in the WC, but for the sake of WORLD football, Cinderella teams should be dealt unfavorable draws just so that the top teams can all qualify.

^^^^ love the over the top enthusiasm from nuno matos and the laser show. I never understand anything he says except for obrigado, obrigado ronaldo, obrigado capitāo!

One of the best games I've seen ronaldo play in the portugal shirt. One was that euro qualifying playoff against Bosnia two years ago and the other was against the Dutch in the group stages in last years euro.

These guys really perform that much better when their backs are against the wall and when there's no room for error. I just wish they stop making it a habit.

I guess this is an example of why we always struggle against the likes of Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan in the qualifying rounds. They just sit back and hope for us to slip up instead of attacking and opening the game up to our benefit.

^ I love when the beats start kicking in... That's great...

The music and laser sounds are sort of a joke, we don't do that. The Portuguese radio guys are playing that music and adding the effects because thats what Brazil does whenever there team scores, they're mocking the Brazilians to be funny since we just qualified to the world cup - in Brazil. They even do the Brazilian accent a couple times. Subliminals :lol:

When is Rome, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I actually thought it was kinda cool. I thought I heard a Brazilian accent but I wasn't entirely sure...

Yea, that music when you score a goal is Brazil's thing. It could be a South American thing? I'm not sure. But the Brazilians always do it. Samba culture.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident CR7 wins D'or now. This was such a major platform and in such dominance, he put the world on noticed. Also not sure if this matters, but twitter/media is still going nuts over his performance. That has to say something.

Portugal NT fans, who would you guys look out for to make the WC roster that isn't on the team currently? I love Bruma and hope he gets a shot as well. I wish Varela gets some
minutes also

I'm pretty confident CR7 wins D'or now. This was such a major platform and in such dominance, he put the world on noticed. Also not sure if this matters, but twitter/media is still going nuts over his performance. That has to say something.

Portugal NT fans, who would you guys look out for to make the WC roster that isn't on the team currently? I love Bruma and hope he gets a shot as well. I wish Varela gets some
minutes also

Voting was handed in on Friday before Portugal played there first game against Sweden.

No way he wins. Lol.

I keep saying he deserves to and he should, but he won't. I'd bet the house he doesn't. I can't wait to see the backlash and protests people will have when he doesn't win, FIFA will look like a complete joke, it's going to be hilarious.

Last edited:
The criteria needs to be set for the award, cause right now it's basically given to Messi based on popularity/overall career. Is it most valuable player to the team? Is it based on goals and assists? Is it based on trophies? the arguments always change to benefit Messi. Ronaldo and Iniesta were both overall player of the year during Messis 4 trophy haul. @#%%, Xavi and Sneijder could have won them too.

Messi has been the better player career wise, but right now Ronaldo deserves to win it hands down.

Back
Top Bottom