The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Love Beadle, but she made fun of soccer on sports nation all the damn time.

Funny she's covering it now, irony.

Haha yeah she's probably the biggest name they have on NBC though so it's cool they probably made her promo it. It's kinda like how espn would totally ignore the sport outside of world cups several yrs back then now they show random friendly highlights and top 10plays all the time since they realized interest was so high

Anyone see NBC's Arsenal commercial? That was a good commercial or promo... Kept referring to RVP as a Benedict Arnold or Lebron....

Why did Moyes have Kagawa come in for basically garbage time? Is he not fit?

NEC Nijmegen offer man-of-the-match with bikini car wash in effort to improve their performances
The Dutch club have hired three blonde women to clean the car of the best player each week to try and lift the club up the Eredivise
JACK DE MENEZES FRIDAY 09 AUGUST 2013

Well Eredivise side NEC Nijmegen apparently do, so they have created an incentive in an effort to bring the best out of their players by rewarding them with a car wash.

But not just any car wash. It is one that is carried out by three bikini-clad blondes that have been employed by the Dutch club to provide the award winner with the special service, in the hope that the Nijmegen squad will up their performances to gain the reward.

The first recipient of the new scheme was former Liverpool youth player Victor Palsson, and he seemed more that pleased with the result.

He wrote on his official Twitter account: “Thanks @NEC_Nijmegen for this MOTM prize after the game vs. Osasuna. The car has never been cleaner.”

The 22-year-old was awarded the man-of-the-match during the side’s pre-season friendly with Spanish side Osasuna, which finished 1-1 at their home ground Goffertstadion.

NEC will be hoping that the new employees improve the on-field performances from the players, after the finished in 15th place last season – escaping the relegation play-offs by just four points.

Victor-Palsson.jpg

Victor Palsson was the first NEC Nijmegen player to receive the club's new car wash service, posting this picture on Twitter Victor Palsson was the first NEC Nijmegen player to receive the club's new car wash service, posting this picture on Twitter

I like the little bit of EPL coverage/programming NBC Sports has showed so far. I love their promos. If they got La Liga & Bundesliga, it would be perfect...

I have no pics from Chelsea/Roma, but had a good time. Super Frank... :pimp:

:lol: @ the Metro Struggle pic. Wasn't that bad...heard they only had one parking lot open b/c they had the rest set up for a Tough Mudder race. Had folks driving around for 2 hours looking for parking... :x

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Crystal Palace expect to complete the signing of Marouane Chamakh from Arsenal tomorrow.

tumblr_lfsvbjyhoG1qf7ikto1_500.gif

Gone:
Chamakh
Squallici
Arshavin
Gervinho
Mannone
Djourou (Loan)
Coquelin (Loan)
Denilson
Santos

What a list of **** and what a clear out! That is at least £450k+ per week in wages we got of the books. :smile:eek :smh: .....:smokin)

Hopefully getting the **** out soon:
Bendtner (PLEASE!!!!!!!!)
The ghost that is Park Chu Young :lol:

Keep it up Arsene!

Last edited:
@CentreTransfer: Tottenham are preparing a £15m double bid for Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld. (Sunday Mirror) #Transfers

@CentreTransfer: Tottenham are preparing a £15m double bid for Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld. (Sunday Mirror) #Transfers

How mad would you be if the Spurs got him & Man U didn't?

I wonder what Frank de Boer is cooking over there @ Ajax? It seems like their selling off too many good players... They must have some talent coming through the ranks of the youth academy.

Last edited:
I hate PSV and Ajax selling off their players smh. I just imagine how good they would be if they got to keep all that talent smh

Anybody see PSV youngster score a hat trick yesterday? Smh. The talent in the youth systems is unreal

Last edited:
By the way, I was watching some Jackson Martinez hilights and he's :pimp:
He looks Dominican, I was surprised to find out he's actually Colombian :wow:

Don't sleep on Columbia, the national team is full of attacking power, watch them make a splash this world cup like Belgium. Both teams failed to qualify in the last WC but all their stars are around the same age and should be relevant for this world cup and next.

I hate PSV and Ajax selling off their players smh. I just imagine how good they would be if they got to keep all that talent smh

Anybody see PSV youngster score a hat trick yesterday? Smh. The talent in the youth systems is unreal

Hard as it is to understand, it is very hard to keep great young talent in team when there are a lot of mega clubs out there that can offer better competition, more money, (sometimes) better coaching staff, and more prestige. Heck even Dortmund lost Goetze because of Pep. Teams like PSV, Ajax, Porto, Dortmund, Benifica, etc have an excellent scouting department to rely on when they sell their talented players.

Not too sure about Eriksen going to Spurs, I much rather him go to Dortmund where your main competition is Bayern and you have a great coach with an attacking mindset but again he might face stiffer competition with Dortmund for time.

The PSV player RoOk is talking about is 17-year-old winger Zakaria Bakkali from Belgium. Great way for him to start the season :pimp:
I really wanted Eriksen at Dortmund, I really thought he was gonna go there once Gotze left. It seems like an ideal replacement. But Klopp obviously felt otherwise. I would hate to see him go to the Spurs. But it's about time he left Ajax. Viktor Fischer is another Ajax player, 19yo or so Danish winger. Has a lot of potential

@DeadlineDayLive Arsenal are now in "advanced talks" to sign Luis Gustavo from Bayern Munich. (Source: SkySports)
http://www.theguardian.com/football...luiz-gustavo-luis-suarez-liverpool?CMP=twt_gu

Last edited:
how is this nbc thing gonna work . is the EPL gone from FSC and FSC+ . also wondering how its gonna work with the whole fox sports 1 thing . any help appreciated

how is this nbc thing gonna work . is the EPL gone from FSC and FSC+ . also wondering how its gonna work with the whole fox sports 1 thing . any help appreciated

NBC has all EPL games, there's a list floating but their whole slew of networks: Bravo, mun2?, NBC main, NBC sports, and some others will be airing most matches...people who get NBC sports will also have access to EVERY match :wow: :smokin online for free (at least Comcast is one of the networks signed on w/ them I believe so xfinity customers get the streaming online for phone, tablet, laptop. And it's on demand from what I understand, so you can replay them anytime or watch at a later time and everything.

Fox sports 1 will take over for SPEED and will have all CL knockout rounds I think? And the FA cup (this may actually stay on FSC I can't remember). The group stages will be on FSC still.

I was watching the AZ Ajax stream and it was Dutch but it looked like the fox sports 1 channel over there is already live? It was weird (Dutch commercials are funny too :lol:) but it doesn't get active in the states til the 17th.

I'm doing this all from memory so please someone correct me if I was wrong but NBC is really going all out, I love the "36" series hope they get a few of the big name guys for that with prem league 36...imagine balo on there if he were still at city :wow: :lol: maybe they do Tim Howard and Jozy too since they're Americans in there? I dunno but I can't wait the coverage is unprecedented and setting the bar for the future :smokin their production quality is top notch to boot.

:rofl: at the arsenal list...so much straight up garbage smh we need to get a few more signings I'm optimistic about this yr

Last edited:
Don't forget the debut of ESPN FC tonight on ESPN2 @ 10PM ET(after the Galaxy/Dallas FC game). There will be a 30 minute show Mon-Fri @ 5:30PM ET & an hour show on Sundays @ 12AM.

^Good looking out psk :pimp: will check it out for sure.

Any of yall watching the Galaxy/Dallas match?

Yeah, I'm watching it... Can't beleive Dallas let that goal in by Landon, but it looks like thy just scored again...

Back
Top Bottom