The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Boy oh boy.

We started playing a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo as the other striker, it payed off.

But I hate the way we play man, have no idea why there was so much damn crossing. We have tons of dribblers, it's hard for Sweden to pick the ball, keep it on the ground man, take some shots. Besides that, I thought our defense was great, proud of Alves and Pepe. We played the off-side trap on Ibra wonderful all game. Swedes couldn't hold on to the ball.

Players of the game for me are Moutinho and Coentrao, they played great today. Ronaldo's overall greatness helped us score but I don't like where he was playing. Wish we got two, we deserved it.

PS - France & England lol :smh:

Last edited:
I feel like Martino has helped him regain his confidence
I agree. Tata has confidence in his and from the start gave him the opportunity, and he has not disappointed. I got to see him play live recently and he is just smooth and faster than he looks on tv. Dude is a beast.

Alexis Sanchez is so underrated. This man has completely stepped up his game so far this season.

Underrated?

Lol, how? Did u see how much he cost? Sure, he's having a great season, but underrated?

Chiefkeefnah.jpg

Arturo Vidal is a more underrated Chilean than Alexis. Coming from a guy that liked Sanchez's promise at Udinese. Thought he was Eastlands bound.

Coupe and Figo: Calma, calma, calma.

Now I can relax over the weekend and not be stressed out. Of course it would've been nice if Ronaldo got that second goal but I'm satisfied.
I was literally at the bar shaking and shivering through out the game. This is not good for my health.

Love the way played besides all the crosses and we actually attacked more than we did during the group stages of qualifying.

Always rooted for Nani and refused to criticize him but I think it's time i see the light. I want Bruma replacing him. At least he's playing for his club.

No comment on our favorite Portuguese whipping boy Hugo almeida since he didnt f anything up.

Love coentrão. And to think he was questionable for the game

Arturo Vidal is a more underrated Chilean than Alexis. Coming from a guy that liked Sanchez's promise at Udinese. Thought he was Eastlands bound.

Coupe and Figo: Calma, calma, calma.

You should've seen me during the game and when that goal went in. All my emotions came out when Ronaldo scored. Running around the bar, yelling, screaming with spit coming out of my mouth. I'm from sf and watch the game in north beach which is a huge Italian community but I went to school around the area, hung out in the area growing up and still frequent alot of the shops and restaurants. After the game I went to all the usual pIaces i eat at or shop for groceries and started celebrating.

I took the day off from work but now I got to go in for a meeting. I'm in no condition to do so but I have to.

Funny how Arturo Vidal was the least prized player out of the main 5 for Colo Colo when they won the 'chip in Chile and made it to the finals of the sudamericana and he's probably been the most consistent and had the most success.

does Matigol even get called up anymore?

Basketball
laugh.gif
Surely you meant baseball.

No gif of the header @Eiddy?

That was a dangerous header now that I just watched the replay, didn't notice it during the game since I was so amped.

I think the more accurate thing to say about Alexis is that he was under appreciated due to his loss of form when coming over to the Blaugrana. He came into a very complex system that he wasn't used to & everything flowed through Messi. A lot of players would find it difficult. Even Cesc had difficulty adjusting (even though stat wise he did well).

Alexis is as fine a forward/winger out there. He's strong, fast, & has great ball control/dribbling ability. Tata's arrival & making the offense more direct has really helped not only Alexis, but a number of players. Very interested to see how things unfold during Messi's absence. I think the team will do fine but we will definitely La Pulga as we advance in the CL.

I hope eiddy is out there enjoying life in SA. Maybe hanging out with some chicks, drinking a few cold ones, & eating some BBQ... :nthat:

I've been a fan of Alexis Sanchez since he arrived at the Camp Nou. I don't think he had a bad season last year, it was more inconsistency on his part. A big part on his great season has to be the arrival of Neymar. He's clicking well with Neymar especially since he's getting much more space to do his damage.

Pace and dribbling were promising at Udinese, but the flair and diving last campaign most memorably cooled my interest. Playing for a heated rival certainly doesn't help Alexis' cause for me.

I remember when he was playing for river plate. The opposing defenders would treat his legs like the ball whenever he did anything fancy or took a dive... Even Simione told him he had to cool that off...

Yo Chiva, do you follow/watch Primera Division? If so is River Plate defender Eder Balanta any good? There were rumors that Barca was interested in him as a CB early on, but that rumor cooled down. Is he really considered the best defender in the league?

Back
Top Bottom