The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I swear Argentina have had the golden road paved for them. It's unbelievable.

Luck of the draw, football gods, etc. Now they're most likely going to play the Netherlands (the other highly overrated team). Too easy on that right side of the bracket. God damn I wish Portugal made it thru :evil:

Last edited:
Who said Argentina play the most attractive attacking football a few pages back again? They haven't played that way in decades.

The goal is to advance and fight another day. That whole "attractive football" means absolutely nothing.

Except to the millions of people over the world who don't want to see one of the most legendary teams in World Cup history and with so much attacking talent play like Chelsea

no one's saying they didn't deserve to win, people are just saying that it was boring as @#$%

Last edited:
Argentina have not convinced in any game they have played in so far. They aren't beating the Dutch

Yes they will because the Dutch are not that good either but Argentina is still better.

Who said Argentina play the most attractive attacking football a few pages back again? They haven't played that way in decades.

Who do you think? :lol:

Last edited:
You guys should already know that by these later rounds there aint much pretty football left to play. All about the grind and grit to advance now. Thats why group stages are so fun to watch.

Argentina vs Netherlands would be great assuming the Dutch get by the Ticos. I still got the Oranje in any case :pimp:

I think the Dutch have been playing pretty well all tournament. People mention RvP, Robben, & Sneijder as playing well or being standouts for the Oranje, but Dirk Kuyt has been the backbone for their success.

I've been critical of LvG but he's shown a lot of tactical flexibility during the tournament. He's been using what looks like a 5-3-2 formation that has served him well but he switched to a traditional Dutch 4-3-3 when they were losing to El Tri.

They have a nice mix of veteran & young players... I wonder how many of them will end up at United?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom