The Town - directed by and starring Ben Affleck

It was alright. Would have been much better had they followed the ending in the book. But Hollywood likes everything to be happy.

It was alright. Would have been much better had they followed the ending in the book. But Hollywood likes everything to be happy.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

What happens at the end of the book?

Originally Posted by Vendetta

What happens at the end of the book?

Watched it the other day. It was very good, but I thought it to be slightly predictable at times.

Watched it the other day. It was very good, but I thought it to be slightly predictable at times.

Quick version of  the book ending
Spoiler [+]
-Gloansy lives
-James Coughlin commits suicide by detonating multiple grenades on himself
-Desmond (much more fleshed out in book) lives after firing towards the police (though is shot multiple times).  Pulling them away and saving them from the grenades James detonates.
- Doug is mortaly wounded while killing Fergie.  He goes to Claire's house bleeding to death where he confeses his love and how they should move away together.  However he realizes she had never intended to leave with him.  Frawley shows up and Doug dies looking into Claire's eyes. 

Quick version of  the book ending
Spoiler [+]
-Gloansy lives
-James Coughlin commits suicide by detonating multiple grenades on himself
-Desmond (much more fleshed out in book) lives after firing towards the police (though is shot multiple times).  Pulling them away and saving them from the grenades James detonates.
- Doug is mortaly wounded while killing Fergie.  He goes to Claire's house bleeding to death where he confeses his love and how they should move away together.  However he realizes she had never intended to leave with him.  Frawley shows up and Doug dies looking into Claire's eyes. 

I had my doubts about this movie because of Ben Affleck, but it was FIRE.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Sorry, but if this film is half as good as either Heat or The Departed, I would consider it a success.

That being said, we'll just have to wait.
Well, I have to say, I stand corrected. Even though the film took several cues from other films, it was very enjoyable to watch and the 2.5 hours (extended cut) went by quickly. The only thing I was really looking for was more character development from the supporting cast, but I guess the love angle between Hall and Affleck to precedence (especially since it looks like Affleck had to shave about an hour plus from his original cut).

Plus, I love the numerous nods to Heat in the film.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Sorry, but if this film is half as good as either Heat or The Departed, I would consider it a success.

That being said, we'll just have to wait.
Well, I have to say, I stand corrected. Even though the film took several cues from other films, it was very enjoyable to watch and the 2.5 hours (extended cut) went by quickly. The only thing I was really looking for was more character development from the supporting cast, but I guess the love angle between Hall and Affleck to precedence (especially since it looks like Affleck had to shave about an hour plus from his original cut).

Plus, I love the numerous nods to Heat in the film.
pimp.gif

Seriously, this is the worst movie I've ever seen...me and my girl saw this at the movies when it came out and we burned our tickets afterwards, that's how much hate we had towards it lol...The acting was so bad, especially Ben.

Seriously, this is the worst movie I've ever seen...me and my girl saw this at the movies when it came out and we burned our tickets afterwards, that's how much hate we had towards it lol...The acting was so bad, especially Ben.

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

I respect your opinion fam, but I thought it was a pretty good movie. It had its moments, but it was pretty entertaining.

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

I respect your opinion fam, but I thought it was a pretty good movie. It had its moments, but it was pretty entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom