The Town - directed by and starring Ben Affleck

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Saw the trailer for this when I went to see Inception. I can prolly give a plot summary of the entire movie just from seeing the trailer:

A bunch of bank robbers live in this one area,
Affleck is a cop whose job it is to stop these bank robbers,
Affleck's dad is heavily involved in the bank robbing scene and won't let his son stop it,
Affleck is probably in a relationship with a girl bank robber,
Affleck becomes a dirty cop/bank robber,
For the ending, he'll either come to his senses and put an end to the bank robbing, or be a part of one of the biggest bank heists in history, and/or die.

I miss anything?

good job, you saw what everyone else saw

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Saw the trailer for this when I went to see Inception. I can prolly give a plot summary of the entire movie just from seeing the trailer:

A bunch of bank robbers live in this one area,
Affleck is a cop whose job it is to stop these bank robbers,
Affleck's dad is heavily involved in the bank robbing scene and won't let his son stop it,
Affleck is probably in a relationship with a girl bank robber,
Affleck becomes a dirty cop/bank robber,
For the ending, he'll either come to his senses and put an end to the bank robbing, or be a part of one of the biggest bank heists in history, and/or die.

I miss anything?

good job, you saw what everyone else saw

Originally Posted by flight23air

Ben surprised me with gone baby gone so this will have to be checked out. 
smokin.gif

That's why I'm seeing this
pimp.gif

It looks good actually. The cast is solid, and I think Ben is trying hard to revive his career. One of these days, I hope somebody makes a movie as good as Heat.

It looks good actually. The cast is solid, and I think Ben is trying hard to revive his career. One of these days, I hope somebody makes a movie as good as Heat.

I, for one, can't wait to see this film.

Say what you will about Affleck as an actor, but don't sleep on him as a writer/director. Look at his credits:
  • Gone Baby Gone = solid
  • Good Will Hunting = Oscars
He really seems to bring his A-game behind the camera-- particularly when filming in Boston. The Town should be no different.

I, for one, can't wait to see this film.

Say what you will about Affleck as an actor, but don't sleep on him as a writer/director. Look at his credits:
  • Gone Baby Gone = solid
  • Good Will Hunting = Oscars
He really seems to bring his A-game behind the camera-- particularly when filming in Boston. The Town should be no different.

Back
Top Bottom