The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

As someone who owns a Sturhling watch, don't buy one.
laugh.gif
got it as a gift and had i known i would have just returned it for a seiko or citizen
Why's that? 
Its just not worth the money spent. Within a couple weeks i noticed the first crack in the crystal. I've had it for less than a year and it has multiple cracks, the bracelet pins have come out a couple of times... Its just a really poorly made watch. I work in IT so its not like its getting beat up. At most i fiddle around with a couple of servers and move around a desktop computer or two.

I have the diver and would tell anyone thinking about buying one to reconsider. Get a seiko or a citizen... Theyre in the same price range and you'll be a lot more happy with the purchase.
Gotcha. I just purchased because I saw the price and thought "Hey simple little watch that should last". But thats for letting me know man. Most likely will return it now. I'll have to look into the Seiko/Citizen and review pages again in this thread during the weekend when I have time.

So I was riding my bike through Brooklyn and im guessing the potholes caused my watch to fall off cause that joint is gone :smh:

It was a nice Fossil, black face and I just replaced the black leather band.

So I was looking at the type of watch I want, and its def the Givenchy Seventeen. Thing is, im not about to drop a G right now on my wrist cause I ride a damn bike.

So whats something like the Seventeen thats no more $200?

Heres the Seventeen for reference, but anything simple and clean and durable would suffice.

givenchy-seventeen-watch-series.jpeg

Hey guys,

Need some help if possible. My cousin really likes my watch so I wanted to get him a similar one...can't really justify getting him the same one due to price, but has anyone seen anything that looks similar in style and color?

View media item 1280270
Thanks!

Hey guys,

Need some help if possible. My cousin really likes my watch so I wanted to get him a similar one...can't really justify getting him the same one due to price, but has anyone seen anything that looks similar in style and color?

Thanks!

Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro Chrono

Haven't seen much talk about it in the thread so I figured I'd ask.

What womens watches do you guys recommend? Don't hear too much talk about them ever so I don't know. Same guidelines for women? Same standards? I recently bought my mom this watch just because it was on sale. 

Last edited:
DLC'd Rolexes make my stomach turn. What I don't understand about the SSense model is why they used a vintage piece rather than a new one.

Probably an already very beat watch and by PVDing them it fixes /hides the problems, call it it "limited edition" and then they charge a huge premium on it. It even says in the description and you can see in the pic that the watch already has wear/damage.

View media item 1284133

Sucks having a small wrist. It's either the face that's always too big or the band is too big - even when it's on the last hole. Anyone know any watches of the top of their head that are good for small wrists?

With a budget > $200

Polished/brushed type finish (just what I like - open to more options)

Automatic/Quartz/Solar-Eco

I like the leather bands 

I have a small wrist too (6" circumference on a good day) and just stick to smaller cases like 36mm and no bigger than 40mm.

It does make it difficult as the trend is still towards bigger watches but it is somewhat making a turn around. There are some offerings out there that is bringing smaller watches again.

Some higher end makers offer shorter watches for smaller wrists. I have IWC croc ones for my IWCS.

Selling my Formula 1 finally...Went and purchased an Aquaracer...Took it back. I'm not a collector and just want a good everyday watch. Damn this is hard. Thinking about a TSOVET or a Hamilton to get me through this winter.

I'd personally go with Hamilton.

What was wrong with the Aquaracer?
Thinking the Hamilton is the best route as well. Nothing wrong with the Aquaracer. It was just an impulse buy. Trying to stay around $2500 and wanted to do more research before settling in on one.

Back
Top Bottom