The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

The Explorer is Rolex in it's simplest form. No date, simple bezel, symmetrical dial, great bracelet, etc.... You can dress it up or dress it down. Size at 39mm is just about perfect to most.

No gold or platinum or any other metals, just stainless steel with a black dial. No other variations out there.

It also looks very good on a leather strap.

Very highly recommended.

Last edited:
never really wore watches, bought a Orient Bambino (recommendation on the OP) for a company event. Should arrive soon. :smokin

The Explorer is Rolex in it's simplest form. No date, simple bezel, symmetrical dial, great bracelet, etc.... You can dress it up or dress it down. Size at 39mm is just about perfect to most.

No gold or platinum or any other metals, just stainless steel with a black dial. No other variations out there.

It also looks very good on a leather strap.

Very highly recommended.

the face is black ? thought it was dark blue from your pics. either way, one hell of a watch. and i agree with you about dressing it up or down, seems to be a great versatile watch. hopefully one of these days i will be able to cop one. gotta stay motivated and work hard.

the face is black ? thought it was dark blue from your pics. either way, one hell of a watch. and i agree with you about dressing it up or down, seems to be a great versatile watch. hopefully one of these days i will be able to cop one. gotta stay motivated and work hard.

Do not confuse the two, these are two different watches.

Today...
kyxyr.jpg

72gjfc.jpg

oh snap, you're right. at quick glance i didn't notice.

which model is each one rfx ? 1st pic, 2nd pic ?

sorry for being such a newb, just always been a fan of rolex but have never really done any research or anything since price is somewhat out of reach right now for me to pull the trigger.

The blue one is the Oyster Perpetual 36mm, just recently discontinued in that size. They recently removed the AirKing (34mm) and made that the new blue Oyster Perpetual.

The black dialed/second one is the Explorer I.

I must say, the new Oyster Perpetual intrigues me. I wonder what it would look like on a leather strap... :nerd:

:rofl:

That watch retailed for $6k+, ain't nothing poverty about that.

Congrats!

I want the blue chrono Monaco but thing is just way too big for my wrist.

What is that omega model Eiddy posted?

I can't read it on mobile

Last edited:
Had no idea the Dark Side was so big.

Nice pick up JYabbz. Monacos have grown on me quite a bit over the years.

Thanks fellas, would have gotten the Walter White/Steve McQueen Blue Monaco but got a helluva deal on the all black version. Very happy with it.

Had no idea the Dark Side was so big.

Nice pick up JYabbz. Monacos have grown on me quite a bit over the years.

To be honest, as much as I love the DSOTM, the size isn't the only thing big, price tag is too. It seems ridiculously expensive. I'm going to try my hardest to get one though. It's really beautiful to me. Besides the Rainbow Daytona (will probably never own one) YM II and PAM 598 Radiomir there aren't too many other timepieces that I'm desperate to own outside of one or two unattainable Patek's.

At least with the Omega I feel like its attainable even at Jomashops 8k...

Need a watch. Kinda can't afford a Rolex right now. I wanna get this seiko diver blue/red for 201.55 is that a good price?

How are seiko watches?

Need a watch. Kinda can't afford a Rolex right now. I wanna get this seiko diver blue/red for 201.55 is that a good price?

How are seiko watches?

Seiko watches are terrible. Rolex or bust Papi, use a cellphone like everyone else until then. SRS.

Why's that? 

Its just not worth the money spent. Within a couple weeks i noticed the first crack in the crystal. I've had it for less than a year and it has multiple cracks, the bracelet pins have come out a couple of times... Its just a really poorly made watch. I work in IT so its not like its getting beat up. At most i fiddle around with a couple of servers and move around a desktop computer or two.

I have the diver and would tell anyone thinking about buying one to reconsider. Get a seiko or a citizen... Theyre in the same price range and you'll be a lot more happy with the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom