The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Probably end up on a leather strap ASAP

My BLNR is still on the rubber strap and haven’t ever swapped it back to the PCL

i thinkt he clasp is perfectly fine, never really felt unsecured without th eextra lock in there plus it does look kind of cleaner i dont mind it

im curious how the white op39 would look with the jubilee though, i think it'll work even with a fluted bezel

$25k retail on a watch isnt bad

paying $25k for a $12k retail watch is crazy

paying close to $70k for a $25k retail watch is crazy

having to play games to get a watch you want because people pay those prices is crazy

the world is just crazy
that's why im looking at a Tudor and calling it a day :lol:

My coworker got the op36 with the blue explorer like dial for Christmas, I thought it was really nice for what he paid for it. I have never tried a 36 on before because I just assumed it was to small for me and it actually fit nicely on me as a taller skinnier guy. Still prob wouldn’t buy one though. I also like the dials on the 36 more.

Went to Watches of Switzerland at Hudson Yards today to get a strap change on my Speedy. Highly recommend them - very hospitable and nice folks all around. Going to try to make my next purchase later this year from them.

Will a Tudor satisfy the Rollie urges? I thought about the Tudor for a while but knew I would still want a Rollie.
Being hard to get and still up there in price? For now yes

I will satisfy the urge of getting a real Rolex when the time comes. I don’t have an actual timepiece and I feel like a Tudor in the meantime might be a nice starter, a 4K mechanical watch. Know to take care of it and treasure it. I like the look of them, obviously I’m not sold til I go see one in person soon and makr

4K might not be much to a lot in this thread but still a lot of money :lol: also not gonna go through the trouble and spend 10k right now on a sub and be terrified to wear it because I feel like I would be.

I will satisfy the urge of getting a real Rolex when the time comes. I don’t have an actual timepiece and I feel like a Tudor in the meantime might be a nice starter, a 4K mechanical watch. Know to take care of it and treasure it. I like the look of them, obviously I’m not sold til I go see one in person soon and makr

4K might not be much to a lot in this thread but still a lot of money :lol: also not gonna go through the trouble and spend 10k right now on a sub and be terrified to wear it because I feel like I would be.

you get over wearing and worrying real quick

and the scarcity is the reason all these other brands are offering steel sport watches in hopes others would dip their toe in their brand while they wait for rolex, ap, patek, etc...

in the end though, it is up to you if you are the type that will be satisfied with an alternative and if it is something you'd wear even after you got the rolex

Cristiano Ronaldo's Latest Timepiece is Rolex's Most Expensive Watch Ever Produced

$485,350 - features 18-karat white gold and 30 carats of white diamonds
1578059867551.png

I'm not a one watch guy - I envy those who are, but I would keep a spectrum of mechanical watches and save the nice one for special occasions so as to not worry. I have a $100 Seiko 5 for everyday wear, a $500 Tissot open heart (powermatic 80 is a great movement for that price range by the way) and wear my 16613 sub on special occasions. Omega sapphire sandwich speedy is a recent acquisition I plan on wearing more often, but not everyday.

Somebody recommend me an all gold watch that goes for 2k and under.
not necessarily a recommendation since I think the bracelet looks weak but I think this style of watch is consistently around that price on fleabay:
s-l1600.jpg

looks like the gold nugget watches in 14 karat gold and 10 karat gold can be had for $2000 or under but I can't remember if those are steel watches in a gold shell or gold watches w/ a steel caseback. Both of these are moar jewelry than timepiece but I mean they tell you what time it is.

not necessarily a recommendation since I think the bracelet looks weak but I think this style of watch is consistently around that price on fleabay:
s-l1600.jpg

looks like the gold nugget watches in 14 karat gold and 10 karat gold can be had for $2000 or under but I can't remember if those are steel watches in a gold shell or gold watches w/ a steel caseback. Both of these are moar jewelry than timepiece but I mean they tell you what time it is.

What is this?

Back
Top Bottom