The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Need your help. So my dad has been asking for my advice on what watch to get . He has more or less $110k to spend on it. He usually just gets patek’s but he has been holding off on them since the market is crazy and he has his fair share. He’s been debating to get a 5726 , 5990 or a RM 30.

I am not that knowledgeable on AP what watch should he potentially be looking into there? He said he just doesn’t want a gold bracelet.
Your dad is rich

1577394579601.png

1577394597980.png

$25k retail on a watch isnt bad

paying $25k for a $12k retail watch is crazy

paying close to $70k for a $25k retail watch is crazy

having to play games to get a watch you want because people pay those prices is crazy

the world is just crazy

$25k retail on a watch isnt bad

paying $25k for a $12k retail watch is crazy

paying close to $70k for a $25k retail watch is crazy

having to play games to get a watch you want because people pay those prices is crazy

the world is just crazy
Damn didn’t know watches had resell value like this.

126719blro is super nice, i prefer that over the pepsi

Damn didn’t know watches had resell value like this.

its not all watches but yeah there are pieces that people go nuts for, those prices i posted are resell prices, not retail

That 126719BLRO is priority one on my hit list. My brother picked up the DD40 in white gold meteorite with factory baguettes and I’ve been salty ever since.

47E7400C-9B8D-4521-8903-47DE1A41553A.jpeg
That 126719BLRO is priority one on my hit list. My brother picked up the DD40 in white gold meteorite with factory baguettes and I’ve been salty ever since.

47E7400C-9B8D-4521-8903-47DE1A41553A.jpeg
How much does this Rollie cost?

~$47k

that still has the hidden clasp, right?

yeah still hidden clasp.
Meteorite dial is slick.

Been obsessing over this for the past few days. Unlikely I'll pull the trigger though.

w0ImFr.jpg

TBH, I would get the regular 40mm and then an aftermarket pave dial. When it comes to Pave dials I don’t find it advantageous to pay Rolex prices. Can even throw on the aftermarket fruity pebbles bezel if you like that also.

idk how much you care about using aftermarket stuff but it’s reversible and you don’t spend an arm and a leg. I’ve been experimenting here and there.

idk how much you care about using aftermarket stuff but it’s reversible and you don’t spend an arm and a leg. I’ve been experimenting here and there.

For sure the way to go.

I tried on this white gold DD40 with pave dial at the Rolex boutique in Miami a few weeks back. Retail was $95k I believe, whereas you can probably get this look with aftermarket dial and bezel for a hair over $30k. Definitely something I'm considering.

IMG_4043.jpg

Got nothing but dark dials.

I know it’s not a big hyped up watch but the OP white dial is looking nice. 36 may be perfect but I don’t really like the dial as much as the 34/39.

simplicity at its finest, you cant really ask in an oyster bracelet, only wish they would add is the easylink extension that the explorer has

Back
Top Bottom