The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Nice pick-up! Love the gold with black dial combo.

Grats!

I really wish my wrist is big enough for a Breitling, they some awesome watches.

Nice pick-up! Love the gold with black dial combo.

Grats!

I really wish my wrist is big enough for a Breitling, they some awesome watches.
Thanks RFX and congrats on completing your trinity (I also saw your post on WUS)

I don't have much bigger wrist than yours look in the pics you posted of your wrist shots, I just love that particular watch and combo as you said the gold and black dial combo

Now I just have to complete my trinity, which is a little different than your Rolex Trinity, but mine would be complete with an Omega (either Speedy or PO) and a Rolex Datejust II SS w/ White Gold Fluted bezel 
pimp.gif

I'll be shooting for those in the very near future

Last edited:
Angles are deceiving, my wrist circumference is a puny 6". Any 40mm or over watches looks like some Jacobs on my wrist, sadly.

I've always liked the blacked out Super Avenger but it just doesn't work for my wrist. Same with the IWC Top Gun, one of my favorites and probably be a grail if it remotely fit my wrist.

Oh ok I got you

Yeah the I also like SA series but the 48mm size is huge, the largest watch I own is the Steinhart Triton at 45mm and thing is a beast

I wanted to get the Navitimer but the 46mm size, very busy dial and lack of WR and just the over look of the SO 44 Gold bezel made my decision a lot easier

Last edited:
44mm 
sick.gif

My Rolex is 36mm and it fits me just fine. My wrists are just under 6 inches though.

RFX you wanna adopt me lol, sick collection as well. That superocean is really clean nikehead. And that Hammi is nice JYabbz. Gotta take pics of my Hammi

Question:  Do you guys feel that a Hublot watch is worth it? I've heard that it doesn't hold value too well...

Question:  Do you guys feel that a Hublot watch is worth it? I've heard that it doesn't hold value too well...
Depends on what you're looking for in your watch. It doesn't have the similar prestige and class of other brands in its pricerange and most likely it never will.

Personally I don't think they look that good either but in terms of quality etc they're not bad at all.

If you want to purchase a watch and have it maintain some serious value years later though I wouldn't recommend it.

A Rolex will always remain the best choice in terms of a watch retaining a large percentage of its original price for ages.

Last edited:
I like Hublot but it doesn't hold value well.

The brand gets a lot of flack because even though they have a close to 40 years of history, they all of a sudden came out of nowhere and boomed. They say it's because of sponsorship but really, Omega with James Bond, Tag with Leo, Rolex with Tiger, etc... Hublot wasn't the first to do marketing as such.

They also get a lot of crap because most believe they copied AP Royal Oaks when in reality, they both have the same inspiration, the portholes (Patek nautilus is also inspired by the porthole). I believe 5-8 years after Royal Oaks released, Hublot was also inspired by the porthole but they knew Royal Oak has been out so they started thinking how to differentiate theirs from Royal Oak. They started with the shape, APs are angled so Hublot made their circle. Then they thought of what else AP has and they differentiated the Big Bang to that, one important different aspect was adding a rubber strap to Hublots watches. Back then, no one was even putting the two together, it was more AP RO vs PP Nautilus. Then about 20-25 years later, Royal Oak started putting rubber strap on their Royal Oaks and then the Big Bang models boom a few years later and then Hublot gets the short end of the stick.

Sorry about the brief history lesson there.

Hublot also has eta movements and for the price, many are angered but really it is the quality and materials and look you are paying for. Lots of watch snobs hate them though and feel it is just a Royal Oak rip-off but whatchagon'do?

So yeah I like Hublot, I think they are well designed, uses unique materials like kevlar, ceramic, hubloniom, etc... they created a bunch of different metals to achieve a certain color and effect and toughness. I do believe Hublot made ceramic famous, it being scratchproof was one of their selling points. They also have in-house movements now though not through all their watches.

They are indeed pricey and you'd be crazy to pay retail for them but customer service is top notch. I own one Hublot and been directly on contact with Biver (former CEO of Hublot) and Margolis (former president for US section of Hublot). Biver himself sent me a hand written letter that extended my warranty an extra 5 years. Margolis told me I can order a custom Hublot Classic Fusion at one point because they didn't offer the case and dial combo I wanted. Honestly, you aren't going to get that kind of service from any other brands.

They are also active in the Timezone forums and helps out as much as they can. There was one case where a couple bought a Hublot and one broke or something went wrong by accident and Hublot took care of it.

I am not sure how it is now since they are owned by LVMH but I imagine that just gives them more sources with better materials and movements since they also own Tag and Zenith. I believe Louis Vuitton watches has adapted some Zenith movement to their watches so the partnership is a good sign.

Well that's my opinion and experience with Hublot.

Last edited:
Truly appreciate the feedback guys.  

Thanks for that great info, RFX.

Interesting stuff about Hublot in this vid with the former CEO of Hublot Jean-Claude Biver.

Last edited:
Came across this on my IG...don't know if it's been posted here....and yes it's pointless...but for some reason I think it's really cool.

elgrenas elgrenas I really dig the below zero. Only thing I am not of fan of is the lack of a minute counter in the chrono version.

Any other watches in your collection or wish list?

elgrenas elgrenas I really dig the below zero. Only thing I am not of fan of is the lack of a minute counter in the chrono version.

Any other watches in your collection or wish list?
Yeah a couple more, ill take pics later. As for wish list saving up for a Rolex submariner date/day

My watch doesn't match up to a lot of yalls' price wise, but this is currently my favorite watch to wear (casual/dress).

Is this a serious question? I'm pretty sure its battery powered. I can't imagine the clock being an automatic or mechanical movement.

Back
Top Bottom