The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Awesome Daytona! I might opt for a white dial for mine though, got to see how much I fall in love with it when I see it in person.

And for today....

34j9ouf.jpg

^ ^ ^
Not really.

Same with the Breitling Superocean, nice watch but not really a "poor mans" Rolex/Sub either.

I mean you see connections tot he Sub in both but it is different enough from the indexes to the hands to the bezel to the crown guard to the bracelet to the date window. I'd imagine those not in the know might mistake them for a Sub with a very, very quick glance but that is it. If you guys get a chance to hold both at the same time you'd be able to tell the difference right away too.

As for the Pepsi GMT, it's an acquired taste but I believe it is also because Rolex doesn't really come out with new designs just updates to their older models. So a new bezel or new color tends to become a big deal. Some also like from nostalgia from the original Pepsi GMT. For the most part, it is executed well. I do prefer the Batman GMT better though.

I am looking to purchase a ladies watch. My budget is 2 bands(2K). Any ideas. I already purchased a Movado and Fendi Crazy Carat watch.

Think I can pull a Rolex with that budget?

Want a black watch. Thinking of either:

First watch is cheaper on Amazon by about $50. I have the second watch in gold already which I love.

Anyone suggest another black watch for $120-$180ish?

lol

you like nice things thats all

i just came in here because i think i want a breitling superocean to get my feet wet

what you guys think of those? poor mans rolex?

The Breitling Superocean is a great watch. IT IS NOT A POOR MAN's ROLEX. A poor man's rolex is the Steinhart OVM.

Here is a picture of the Breitling Superocean Heritage on a mesh.

View media item 1160752

What yall think of the Oris Aquis Date? Poor man's Submariner??

Oris aquis is not a poor man's submariner. Oris is considered one of the better buys for entry level swiss watches and their Divers are considered great value for the money. A poor man's submariner is the Steinhart OVM.

This is a poor man's submariner:

View media item 1160753

Want a black watch. Thinking of either:

First watch is cheaper on Amazon by about $50. I have the second watch in gold already which I love.

Anyone suggest another black watch for $120-$180ish?

If I had to pick, the first one. But then again I much rather buy a Citizen, Seiko, or Orient.

I am looking to purchase a ladies watch. My budget is 2 bands(2K). Any ideas. I already purchased a Movado and Fendi Crazy Carat watch.

You might be able to get a used Rolex/Tudor Datejust and since the sizes are rather small, a woman should be able to pull it off. Watchrecon should help.

Leave that Michael Kors watch to the birds homie. :x

Better off copping a Timex and calling it a day...it'll keep better time.

Leave that Michael Kors watch to the birds homie. :x

Better off copping a Timex and calling it a day...it'll keep better time.

Real Talk

Michael Kors watches are made by fossil. You better off just buying a Fossil.

Last edited:

Not Rolex but if you don't mind grey market, Joma has a 40% off sale with Omegas. Great deals there and Joma gives you a 4-year warranty of their own: http://www.ebay.com/sme/jomashop/Sa...2&_seedid=181440902536&_trksid=p2047675.m1563

There are at least 3-4 watches I am tempted to get there the deal is so good. Check it out, you might find something for yourself too. :D

I'm not a watch guy by any means, but I'm having thoughts on buying my first.

Where should I start?

I'm not a watch guy by any means, but I'm having thoughts on buying my first.

Where should I start?

With the first post of this thread. SRS.

EDIT- 2nd post if you want cliffs

Last edited:
I like the brand, just cause its mainstream doesnt make them okay watches. Im not a watch enthusiast, so it looks good to me, quality is good, price is good. If I cared more, id look into other brands.

Not Rolex but if you don't mind grey market, Joma has a 40% off sale with Omegas. Great deals there and Joma gives you a 4-year warranty of their own: http://www.ebay.com/sme/jomashop/Sa...2&_seedid=181440902536&_trksid=p2047675.m1563

There are at least 3-4 watches I am tempted to get there the deal is so good. Check it out, you might find something for yourself too. :D

That Speedmaster with the saphire back has me intrigued...was waiting on my promotion before buying a new watch.... :x

That Speedmaster with the saphire back has me intrigued...was waiting on my promotion before buying a new watch.... :x

The 3573.50? Omega has changed the reference # and bumped the price recently.

Back
Top Bottom